bigmuscle

@helmutcheese, it seems to be a confirmed issue between IE11 and the software this board uses, IP Board, that causes problems regarding linking to or posting photos and I think maybe also copying and posting text, and no matter whether the problem is really in IE11 or the board software, in either case the problem is beyond the control of the staff of the board.

So I'm curious why you seem to be refusing to use an alternate browser for those occasions when you need to do one of those problem functions? It can't be a matter of cost since most of the alternatives are completely free. It can't be a matter of not wanting to install another browser since many of the alternatives are available in a portable form. It can't be wanting to only use a 64 bit browser since some of the alternatives are also 64 bit. It can't be a matter of the alternatives being too complicated to use, or take up more memory or disk space than you have available. If it is just stubbornness or wanting to "prove a point", I'm afraid you are only hurting yourself, or the folks you are trying to share the information with.

I'm not saying the problem is not real nor that it should not be fixed, but as I said, the problem is beyond the control of the staff of the board, so there is no telling when or if the issue will be resolved. By all means, continue to use whatever browser you like whenever you like, But wouldn't it be a better idea to use a tool that works when you need to? Just sayin'... :)

Cheers and Regards

That is very long winded second guessing/assuming post you made and 99% is pointless (I never reads it fully) and wrong.

Stubbornness if you like.

I already stated before I will not install other browsers for a few sites to work as IE11 has been around long enough and tested before that Devs to update sites.

It should work in Compat Mode.

I messed with FF when it was new (and since) and it was "1337" long ago now its Chromes turn to be in "fashion" no thanks to either.

I am not getting at the staff here and its no loss to me not to be able to post links/photos as it was not to help myself.

Edited by helmutcheese

noo ace2 looks like there is some other(color or smth) problem

look:

Aero Glass Beta

attachicon.gifBeta.png

Aero Glass Release 1.1

attachicon.gifRelease1.1.png

Taskbar

blurring present at all versions

It has been said milliontimes here. Tool, you use to enable blur, does not disable accent on the toolbar and thus it gets double colorization.

AERO GLASS for Win8.1 v1.2

* disable glass safety zone when rendered region is full covered
* ensure that correct dbghelp.dll in AeroGlass directory is loaded
* caption color fix
* added option set custom caption color: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:ColorizationColorCaption (DWORD in format 0xBBGGRR)
* do not unload WindowsCodecs.dll to avoid race condition with WIC hooking
* completely rewritten settings loading
- aerohost.exe needs to be running else settings from HKEY_CURRENT_USER won't be loaded
- it means that user's settings from HKEY_CURRENT_USER will NOT be loaded when deprecated AppInit_DLLs method is used!!!
- dwm.exe symbols are not needed anymore to load user's settings

- dwm.exe symbols are not needed anymore to load user's settings

ahem, so licence key now only to get rid of popup and watermark? automatically download symbol is not needed anymore?

anyway thanks BM for the update :)

added option set custom caption color

like this :)

Edited by rocky

off topic question:

in order to preserve battery i wish to be able to switch off the aeroglass transparency. is there a convenient method that would allow this on the fly with a button or .bat file i could set up?

when i manually go to personalize and select the default windows theme i see a 50% drop in battery usage so this switching optionw ould be quite helpful.

apologies if already requested.

"licensed" user...

off topic question:

in order to preserve battery i wish to be able to switch off the aeroglass transparency. is there a convenient method that would allow this on the fly with a button or .bat file i could set up?

when i manually go to personalize and select the default windows theme i see a 50% drop in battery usage so this switching optionw ould be quite helpful.

apologies if already requested.

"licensed" user...

Oooo, how you became a "licensed user"? I donated a few monthes ago, but i only make this for great work of author! And He make me a bonus (license key file) for additional options. But it is free software and there is no license at all? Or i missing something?

off topic question:

It's not needed. Transparency/blur effect is automatically disabled when running on battery.

What about minidump that creates every fast shutdown?

This should be fixed. At least, I cannot reproduce it anymore when "Fast startup" is enabled in control panel.

off topic question:

It's not needed. Transparency/blur effect is automatically disabled when running on battery.

What about minidump that creates every fast shutdown?

This should be fixed. At least, I cannot reproduce it anymore when "Fast startup" is enabled in control panel.

On my system i enable "fast boot" in bios... Where you find this option in control panel? Can you give a screen?

* added option set custom caption color: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:ColorizationColorCaption (DWORD in format 0xBBGGRR)

I wonder: Why is this option or the glow size only applied to non-ribbon windows? I vaguely remember that ribbon windows use their own rendering technique but I also know that the values are taken from the theme just like for non-ribbon windows (only from a different location). So, couldn't you just override these other locations as well?