WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

Not sure why you have missing system files, but you can always download all requires files.

WinNTSetup_x64.exe download

2 hours ago, JFX said:

That path is invalid, some API's will misunderstand "..\Tools" to be the parent directory.
I doubt you could even open that folder in windows explorer.

5.3.3b works perfectly well

JFX, is there a way to write directory for searching wim files sources via ini file, or some other way? For example i use 2 part flash drive and in second NTFS part i have \sources folder with various folders inside with wim files. But when i press button for wim source it opens just current folder

Edited by dimo70

Thanks, seems usefull

PS:  I try but noting import in .txt found with scanfiles.cmd

Maybe better include ability scanning for sources in next version of WinNTSetup?

Edited by dimo70

sorry about changing the subject - would anyone tell me how to change the default x: vhd drive into any other one when creating it in winntsetup? me, I would be better off having i: as the default vhd drive instead.

Edited by Antonino

On 2/19/2024 at 1:06 PM, dimo70 said:

Maybe better include ability scanning for sources in next version of WinNTSetup?

I don't plan any new version. Create your own tool for scanning or modify the scanfiles.cmd to your need.

16 hours ago, Antonino said:

sorry about changing the subject - would anyone tell me how to change the default x: vhd drive into any other one when creating it in winntsetup? me, I would be better off having i: as the default vhd drive instead.

Change it with Disk management or bootice and hit F5 in WinNTSetup.

great jfx, what u suggest is what I have done so far; what I was advocating is actually changing the default x: drive letter - is it hardcoded in the exe file or can I go to a txt or ini file and change it in there?

I apply such a filter in System32-DLL.txt, example

18362 \Windows\System32\systemcpl.dll

In Server 2019 (17763) the file is not deleted, in Win11 (22635) it is deleted, as I need

In NetFX.txt I do this

18362 \Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Common\*

But the folder is deleted in both Server 2019 and Win11

If there is a way to make the filter work in NetFX.txt? Thank you.

Edited by sakatgg

I've never had this problem before when applying an image with Winntsetup to a partition or a vhd, but now I'm having a problem applying to a vhd.
When I boot the image, I get  the following msg after the installing devices phase:

Install.jpg.7155cf024121606a62afb2c58fd38ce9.jpg

The apply image is not broken because it installs fine to a partition. What could be the problem with the install to vhd and how to fix?

Where did you set the boot drive to?  This happens to me when I make the VHD but I forgot or deleted it's internal ESP partition later, before clicking at WnNTSetup's final button to start the process....

6 hours ago, sakatgg said:

But the folder is deleted in both Server 2019 and Win11

If there is a way to make the filter work in NetFX.txt? Thank you.

Are you sure you don't delete it somewhere else. Lines that get skipped will be logged:

\Windows\Logs\WinNTSetup\*\MinWin_WimHost.log

3 hours ago, click-click said:

The apply image is not broken because it installs fine to a partition. What could be the problem with the install to vhd and how to fix?

Start by looking at the log files: \Windows\Panther.
Maybe your BCD is a bit unusual are edit it to much with bootice.

Maybe you some alternative boot manager.