WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

On 3/6/2024 at 12:53 AM, suxichao said:

I have an idea...
First, when you enter the WindowsPE environment, the WindowsPE files are mounted to disk X, which is allocated by WindowsPE from memory.
I reasonably guess that maybe the optimization project in WinNTSetup's "Optimization Adjustment" may use relative paths (such as% System%, etc.) to apply some optimizations, so in the WindowsPE environment, using WinNTSetup and some optimization adjustment options in WinNTSetup to release the Windows image will cause the final Windows to be applied with some wrong optimization paths, eventually causing the C drive letter to become X disk.
Of course, this is my guess, I do not guarantee that it is completely correct...
This content is translated by translation software, there may be grammatical errors, please forgive me...

Once again tested the MinWin function of WinNTSetup, do not check the optimization option in "Optimization Adjustment", directly release the image, then use the Dism command to back up the WIM image, and then use the Dism command to release the newly backed-up WIM image, which will also cause the C disk to become an X disk...
It would be perfect if you could use Dism to package a WIM image after the release of the MinWin function and release the WIM without turning disk C into disk X...

You should not use DISM to capture a installation WinNTSetup has prepared for this one partition.

Either delete HKLM\SYSTEM\MountedDevices before capture or
always use WinNTSetup for capture to WIM and apply to disk.

47 minutes ago, JFX said:

You should not use DISM to capture a installation WinNTSetup has prepared for this one partition.

Either delete HKLM\SYSTEM\MountedDevices before capture or
always use WinNTSetup for capture to WIM and apply to disk.

Oh, I understand. Thank you very much for your patient answer!

Just now, wuliyen said:

I need to keep all the files in WinSxS, after deleting WinSxS.ini I get an error!

WIMHost_1.1.0.0.zip

QQ图片20240310192630.png

Not set, deleted

\Windows\System32\DriverStore\zh-CN\uefi.sys.mui
\Windows\System32\DriverStore\zh-CN\Usb4DeviceRouter.SYS.mui

QQ图片20240311190731.png

Edited by wuliyen

Some scenario where the following folder is deleted
\Windows\bcastdvr
The log file is large but opens empty with no content

I'm sorry. It's just me.

About bcastdvr

QQ图片20240311215543.png

NO \Windows\bcastdvr

Deleting WinSxS.ini will result in an error

Edited by wuliyen

I downloaded the script from uupdump, which synthesizes the latest patch ISO, kernel version 22631.3296, and installs the ISO using WinNTSetup with the MinWin function, but wimlib starts to report an error, something like this.
WIMHost (wimlib) error 0x1C: The SHA-1 message digest of a WIM resource did not match the expected value.
If it is a Hash error, it is reasonable to use Dism to release the wim image, but it is normal to use Dism to release the image.
However, I also deleted all the lists outside "Edge" and "WinSxS" in the WinNTSetup\MinWin folder, and I updated wimlib to 1.14.4, and the situation remains the same.
Maybe I'm too stupid. Now I really don't know what's wrong.
Maybe professional questions still need to be consulted by professionals.

Edited by suxichao

12 hours ago, suxichao said:

WIMHost (wimlib) error 0x1C: The SHA-1 message digest of a WIM resource did not match the expected value.

That sounds like the WIM has data corrupted.
Try to apply the WIM with wimlib-image.exe maybe it reports more error data.

If wimlib-image.exe failes and Dism works than it seems to be a wimlib bug.

23 hours ago, JFX said:

Source code is not available, but it's freeware. Do with it what you want. 

I'm going to explain a little about my remote formatting project and I wanted to know if it's worth doing this because I don't want any problems. I'm going to create a program to sell with my tools and I would add your tool to it, I wanted to know if I can change its characteristics by leaving colors to my liking, etc. I would also like to know if I can sell it together with my tools