Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


blackwingcat

KernelEx for Win2000

Recommended Posts

Next extended kernel update.

It will be  added TLS 1.1/1.2 on WININET (IE6SP1) and WINHTTPS support. :3

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 5:46 PM, Andreasmir said:

Advanced v. 54 works fine on my Win2k laptop. But Extreme browser 360 won't work properly, it craches after 3-5 sec. after start. I don't know why.

360-Chrome.png

here's how you can get it working:

1. Extract chrome.7z inside installer with 7-zip.

2. Run 360chrome.exe.

3. ???

4. Profit.

Edited by GlowingLights
add how-to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Have you attempted installing extensions? That's where I ran into problems with 360 Extreme Explorer.

In the case of the issue above, do you have the VC++ 2013/2017 runtimes? That's the only reason I can think of for 360 crashing at start, that and putting some of the domains it connects to in the hosts file

 

Edited by win32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GlowingLights said:

360-Chrome.png

here's how you can get it working:

1. Extract chrome.7z inside installer with 7-zip.

2. Run 360chrome.exe.

3. ???

4. Profit.

 

14 hours ago, GlowingLights said:

360-Chrome.png

here's how you can get it working:

1. Extract chrome.7z inside installer with 7-zip.

2. Run 360chrome.exe.

3. ???

4. Profit.

I used 360 native installer  and set installer and *.exe xp compatibile mode with fcwin2k   :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if you can help me with PCem/86box; both emulators don't accept keyboard input in win2k and eventually throw unhandled exceptions after enabling and disabling mouse input.

I would be very satisfied if those issues were addressed in the next extended kernel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, win32 said:

I wonder if you can help me with PCem/86box; both emulators don't accept keyboard input in win2k and eventually throw unhandled exceptions after enabling and disabling mouse input.

I would be very satisfied if those issues were addressed in the next extended kernel.

 

Same here with QEMU 0.9.0 and 0.9.1, with QEMU Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, win32 said:

Have you attempted installing extensions? That's where I ran into problems with 360 Extreme Explorer.

 

Yes, it just throws "could not unzip extension" error, tested with both 360 extensions and chrome web store.

I wanted to install AdBlock Plus.

 

However, extensions work fine on Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 64-bit, on a Sony netbook from 2009.

Edited by GlowingLights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GlowingLights said:

Same here with QEMU 0.9.0 and 0.9.1, with QEMU Manager.

I just had an idea; for open source software we could try recompiling them with Visual Studio 2005/2008 or anything else that will let us target win2k. :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apps that can easily be recompiled should already work.

I believe blackwingcat has already added support for all the differences made by newer versions of Visual Studio. This means the app itself makes calls that need to be back-ported -- sometimes simple, usually not.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2019 at 5:53 AM, blackwingcat said:

and set installer and *.exe xp compatibile mode with fcwin2k

Hm, maybe I should reinstall Extended Kernel. I'm using my Win2k since v28, updating it by installing over older version to 30. I will test it on another win2k PC.

Btw, I just got BSOD " STOP 0x00000050 - PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" after installing KB4491443 from WLU. Also I can't uninstall it in Safe Mode, when I press button "Uninstall" nothing happens.

UPD:

Now after I try to remove it, BSOD changed to STOP 0x000000C2 - BAD_POOL_CALLER.

Edited by Andreasmir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I debugged 86box, build 1837 in Windows 2000 and Windows 2003. These are the calls that were made when keyboard input was sent to the application. Direct3D 9 rendering was used in both cases (keyboard input was still broken with the other rendering options):
 

Windows 2000 (not working):

LoadLibraryExW("C:\86boxopt\86Box.exe", 0x00000000, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH) called from "USER32.DLL" at address 0x77E1E4B4.
LoadLibraryExW("C:\86boxopt\86Box.exe", 0x00000000, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH) returned 0x00400000.

Windows 2003 (working):

LoadLibraryA("user32.dll") called from "D3D9.DLL" at address 0x4E048847.
LoadLibraryA("user32.dll") returned 0x77380000.
GetProcAddress(0x77380000 [USER32.DLL], "DisableProcessWindowsGhosting") called from "D3D9.DLL" at address 0x4E048859 and returned 0x773C92BB.

So, it won't be very easy to backport this functionality from the looks of it, if the completely differing behaviour is a clue. I do know that DisableProcessWindowsGhosting is not implemented in the extended kernel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, win32 said:

I debugged 86box, build 1837 in Windows 2000 and Windows 2003. These are the calls that were made when keyboard input was sent to the application. Direct3D 9 rendering was used in both cases (keyboard input was still broken with the other rendering options):
 


Windows 2000 (not working):

LoadLibraryExW("C:\86boxopt\86Box.exe", 0x00000000, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH) called from "USER32.DLL" at address 0x77E1E4B4.
LoadLibraryExW("C:\86boxopt\86Box.exe", 0x00000000, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH) returned 0x00400000.

Windows 2003 (working):

LoadLibraryA("user32.dll") called from "D3D9.DLL" at address 0x4E048847.
LoadLibraryA("user32.dll") returned 0x77380000.
GetProcAddress(0x77380000 [USER32.DLL], "DisableProcessWindowsGhosting") called from "D3D9.DLL" at address 0x4E048859 and returned 0x773C92BB.

So, it won't be very easy to backport this functionality from the looks of it, if the completely differing behaviour is a clue. I do know that DisableProcessWindowsGhosting is not implemented in the extended kernel.

Build 1837? Why not the latest build 1842?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, blackwingcat said:

Next extended kernel update.

It will be  added TLS 1.1/1.2 on WININET (IE6SP1) and WINHTTPS support. :3

 

 

Please add new APIS, if its possible:

GAMES

Northgard Relics

kernel32: DebugBreakProcess <-XP/2003 function

 

Car Mechanic Simulator 2015, The Forest

dnsapi: DnsFree <-XP/2003 function

 

PROGRAMS

FileZilla FTP Client v. 3.43:

kernel32: GetQueuedCompletionStatus, ReOpenFile, SetFileCompletionNotificationModes <-XP/2003 and Vista APIs

Edited by piotrhn
new APIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 5:56 PM, win32 said:

Yes, if the web installer for v10 detects XP, it starts the 9.7 (Chromium 53) setup.

Only when identifying itself as Vista did it try to install v10 (Chromium 70).

So that site is wrong.

 

Yikes! Thank you for informing me of this! The site gave information of being based off Chromium 70 and did not provide info of a different version on XP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, piotrhn said:

 

Please add new APIS, if its possible:

GAMES

Northgard Relics

kernel32: DebugBreakProcess <-XP/2003 function

 

Car Mechanic Simulator 2015, The Forest

dnsapi: DnsFree <-XP/2003 function

 

PROGRAMS

FileZilla FTP Client v. 3.43:

kernel32: GetQueuedCompletionStatus, ReOpenFile, SetFileCompletionNotificationModes <-XP/2003 and Vista APIs

I think current extended kernel support DnsFree :3

Edited by blackwingcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...