KernelEx 4.5.2

Look around, you have NT drivers! In filemon and drwatson logs, there are mention of dlls which don't belong to drivers you posted: SDIMF32.DLL, QDPRINT.DLL, SD32.DLL, SDDM32.DLL, SR32.DLL, ZGDI32.DLL, ZSPOOL.DLL, etc.

Tell me where to get these files

You are right, all those 7 files are located on my HD in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\

After search, they are coming from the first version of driver I had installed, straight from the install CD that is coming with the printer.

I have uploaded this driver at this link if you are interested: http://dl.free.fr/g5OmglG9D

The driver I have posted before was installed "on the top", when I had found a newer version on the HP site.

Now, may I ask 2 questions:

- why did all this stuff was working all that time if they are not 'good' drivers? What is so different with last build of KernelEx?

- what do you suggest I would do now? In Control Panel->Add/Remove programs, I don't have any item to uninstall HP drivers.

Thanks in advance for your efforts, Tihiy :hello:

Edited by CharlesF

Probably if you put the HP driver CD in again and run the installer, it should give you the option to uninstall the drivers.

I have an HP printer too, a Photosmart 370 photo printer, as well as my main Epson A4 printer.

The software that came with the HP printer was an absolute pig to install and get working, especially in Windows 98, although the Image Zone software that came with it is really good.

:)

CharlesF, we need to figure out what happened during RC4-RC5 path. Only you [and similar poor souls?] can help us.

[download removed]

This file contains 18 key revisions between RC4 and RC5. Start with installing RC4 and trying lowest revision. Install by right-clicking install.inf and reboot. Test if your bug appears.

You can skip revisions to save time ('binary' search) but don't jump between < 260 and >=260 revisions as they contain different sheet.dll.

Good luck :hello:

Edited by Tihiy

Hi,

I reported my printing problem here

Today I've tested all revision of RC4-5.rar twice nearly.

First I decided to print Excel sheet and printing went well for all revision up to finally installed KeX 4.5

Than I started printing *.doc file and the bug appeared with revision #263 andfurther ones.

That text file has been printed from MsOffice and OO 3.21 where distinctly showed on the screen its frozen process

HTH

Edited by supem

First I decided to print Excel sheet and printing went well for all revision up to finally installed KeX 4.5

Than I started printing *.doc file and the bug appeared with revision #263 andfurther ones.

That text file has been printed from MsOffice and OO 3.21 where distinctly showed on the screen its frozen process

Thank you very much. CoWaitForMultipleHandles was culprit #1 (since its the only new function which does wait), but the problem is - it's not used by printer drivers i've seen and Office 2000/XP/OOo, which prints fine for me and xeno86. Can you please run a search for files you run which use it (with Far for example; files containing 'cowait'; not case sensitive; all character tables; in \windows and \program files with subfolders, then filter out things you don't use).

supem, thank you again. Can you also test rev 262 to be 100% sure it's 263+ at fault? It's in updated RC4-5.rar. Thank you again :>

1. I did test revision 263 of previous RC4-5.rar twice at least

2. revision 262 from the updated RC4-5 is buggy as 263+ ones

CharlesF, we need to figure out what happened during RC4-RC5 path.

Hi Tihiy,

I was about to do your tests this WE (probably sunday afternoon).

After the nice helping hand of supem, do you want me to do the same anymore?

I'm still available. ;)

BTW, I have done the same seach on my HD (with the search function of Windows) for files containing 'cowait' in \Windows and \Program Files with subfolders.

Here is what I have found:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\atl.dll, Version 3.00.9782, 30 novembre 2005 16:27:54

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mfc42.dll, Version 6.02.4131.0, 4 août 2004 00:56:44

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MFC42U.DLL, Version 6.02.8071.0, 14 décembre 2006 14:45:54

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL, Version 5.00.3810, 28 février 2003 18:26:26

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL, Version 6.00.2800.2006 (xpsp2.100414-1536), 14 avril 2010 16:53:44

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHLWAPI.DLL, Version 6.00.2800.2006 (xpsp2.100414-1536), 14 avril 2010 16:53:46

[i do not have any .NET version installed.]

C:\Program Files\WinMerge\mfc71.dll, Version 7.10.3077.0, 9 juin 2009 14:28:36

C:\Program Files\WinMerge\mfc71u.dll, Version 7.10.3077.0, 9 juin 2009 14:28:36 [Could be that this Dll is not used in Windows 9x.]

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Plugins\Chai.dll, No version, 4 mars 2008 14:52:00

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDFiles.exe, Version 1.6.1.7, 26 janvier 2009 15:29:26 [i almost don't run Spybot anymore.]

HTH

Charles. :)

CharlesF, supem: please test this revision, it contains rev. 262 bug fix

I have installed the RC6 'on the top' of RC4, without going through the other revision builds

(that means, the sheet.dll is still the RC4's).

I've tested in Work 2000 with HP LJ 1022

... and it is definitely working smooth and instant! :thumbup Bravo Tihiy! :thumbup

Edited by CharlesF