nLite 1.2 Beta - Return of the warrior

nuhi

Nuhi,

As I stated before, after I remove components the first time and reload the source in nLite, several things I selected for removal stick behind, allowing me to remove them again and nLite tells me the size has been reduced by about 1MB. At this point I'm not entirely confident that nLite is doing the correct thing and that it would result in a stable ISO.

Screenshot

Only the following things should be there:

US Intern. Keyboard layout (is this even needed for me to be able to type stuff in Windows or online?)

I 'removed' all languages, so none should be showing there.

Neither should Command-Line Tools (or does it show here because I kept ping, ipconfig, net, net1.exe?

DHCP Client is gone, but I didn't select for removal.

Was looking forward to this, hoping to remove more stuff from windows an shoe horn more onto my uA CD!

:angry: Re-made a new uA CD with nLite 1.2b, kept all the same settings, but removed some extra stuff ... Resulting ISO is 10Mb bigger :realmad:

Any idea's or should I post a new thread with the 1.01 .ini and the 1.2 .ini ??

Also can't see the section to add the Registered Name and Company info? Or am I blind?

Plasma

tried the new beta on windows server 2003 r2 std edition, and it looks like it not reading all the settings, i have added users and there not used, and i set up my desktop resolution to 1280x1024 and it defaults to 640x480 when it finished installing and asking for first logon. normaly this works with 1.0.1/1.1 must have used nlite about 300 times and its never got things like this wrong before. btw i liked that i could remove more with 2k3 now :)

below is my lastsession.ini

LAST_SESSION.INI

Jeremy, I believe Ryan's update pack includes hotfixes that add extra languages under certain situations. Because the update pack is applied after the 'remove components' page, this may explain why other functions mysteriously return.

Well, great job nuhi - I'm just about to give this final a test, splendid job!

I wonder if my laptop will need the AGP drivers...

Cheers,

James

x

Viva, yes, however integrated hotfixes/RyanVM updates are not displayed on the 'remove components' page as at this stage they have not yet been updated.

nuhi, I have a similar query as Jeremy, in that some of the components I have removed seem to reappear upon a second nLite parse, whereas others do not show up.

Please note the screenshot at:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5516/nlite12mt7.png

I am unaware of the effects that removing AGP filters/CPU Intel/Intel PCI IDE Controller might have on this laptop, hence decided to leave these untouched. Keyboards/language support is always configured in this way for this Japanese laptop. Finally format drive support was left in case I need to reformat my MP3 player.

However, note that 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer' & 'Shell Services' have reappeared, despite my removing them in the previous nLite pass. Moreover, DHCP service is missing, even though I am always careful to leave this behind for cable access.

Note that I always integrate RyanVM's latest pack using the standalone integrator before running nLite.

Well, anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,

James

LAST_SESSION.INI