HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

gluon - Another favor... can you search through your sourcess\i386 folders for hf*.inf files that contain the text "973525"? If you find it, please zip it and attach it. Thanks!

Also, have you tried running the script with the nokillbits set as default in the hfslip.ini file? Or in other words, delete the nokillbits line.

gluon - One more q for you. Sorry to piece meal you to death. On a clean installed machine and doing nothing else, does "973525" (no quotation marks) exist anywhere in the registry? I'm just trying to see if that INF file is actually installed at all.

Tomalak, you need three utilities to achieve that:

Wait, here's the original tutorial in english:

http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/11/installin...-usb-thumb.html

bye!

I tried this tutorial but when I install xp and the files are copied I get error: advpack.mui cannot be copied.

Same for me (by the way, you can skip the error and continue), this seems to be a general problem with this kind of setup. I tried the above mentioned SetupWinFromUSB tool as well as WinToFlash, identical result. So yesterday I decided to use the direct approach - put WinPE to an USB flash disc with SOURCESS folder on it (no problem when installed from CD to a VM, so the source is okay), booted from it, launched Windows installation via "winnt32.exe".

Installation was overall successful, but: seven or eight *.mui files reported as missing during text mode copy (I have the names if anyone is interested). Some more *.mui and one .dll reported as missing during GUI phase. $OEM$ folder was apparently not copied, so my drivers included there were not used. "winnt.sif" (resp. "unattend.txt" for non-CD based install) was not considered at all, braking some customizing settings I put there. Everything foreseen for T-13 (HFSVCPACK_SW1 and HFSVCPACK_SW2) was installed as intended, but everything that is usually performed after first boot during logon (e.g. some registry tweaks I have in HFSVCPACK, or putting the hfslip entry in the software list) was not executed.

In the end I had a working system, but not one I was satisfied with. All not critical issues, but nuisances. The different setup method that is used for USB based installs (copying everything to the "$win_nt$.~bt" and "$win_nt$.~ls" folders first, and obviously making some other changes, all by "winnt32.exe") has apparently its problems...

Conclusion: I probably have to swallow the bitter pill, buy an external CD drive and install XP to the netbook from there. The ISO image seems to be the only reliable way that works without all this hassle :}

Sorry for the offtopic talk (will give up at this point anyway, need a working system now and no more time for tests in the next feew weeks),

Tomalak

You don't need to buy an external drive, just buy an ide/sata to USB bridge (about USD$20), and use any old IDE CD you might have lying around (it's what I did for when I need to install junk to Netbooks)

You can use it to plug any IDE/SATA drive when you need to back stuff up or recover stuff from a disk installed on a dead PC, etc...

bye!

gluon - One more q for you. Sorry to piece meal you to death. On a clean installed machine and doing nothing else, does "973525" (no quotation marks) exist anywhere in the registry? I'm just trying to see if that INF file is actually installed at all.

No worries mate, I've been doing it on VM... still fine tuning my HFCLEANUP. Yeah it's in Windows XP\SP4\Updates just like the rest of the hotfixes.

Note: I put KB973525 in the HF folder which resulted in the INF file and registry entry. But for the regshot report I followed your instructions.

Gluon - can you rename that same inf file you located before and place it into the HFSVCPACK folder? Rerun the script and test out.

Is anyone else beside gluon having probs with KB973525 on XP?

Hi, I have test this beta S (October 20, 2009).

It's work with XP French : SP3 + IE8 + Last DirectX + WMP11.

after reboot, I need install only :

- Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) when access "Windows Update"

- Windows Genuine Advantage (KB905474) when access "Windows Update"

Thanks a lot !

The problem is iso file take 705 Mo (739,743,744 octets)

Edited by chtom

If you are using the ISO to do clean installs, you can remove all the folders except for i386 and $oem$. The other folders are used for upgrades and whatnot. If you have your application addons and silent installers folders all filled up, then obviously you'll have a bloated iso too. HFSLIP isn't smart enough to delete things like that for you :)

Hi, I have test this beta S (October 20, 2009).

It's work with XP French : SP3 + IE8 + Last DirectX + WMP11.

after reboot, I need install only :

- Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) when access "Windows Update"

- Windows Genuine Advantage (KB905474) when access "Windows Update"

To get these up to date update these files:

MUAuth.cab - authorization.xml 21-05-2009

MUWEB_SITE.CAB - muweb.cat, muweb.dll, muweb.inf 06-08-2009

For WGA I use an addon http://rapidlibrary.com/download_file_i.ph...-2+-+redxii+.7z

If you are using the ISO to do clean installs, you can remove all the folders except for i386 and $oem$. The other folders are used for upgrades and whatnot. If you have your application addons and silent installers folders all filled up, then obviously you'll have a bloated iso too. HFSLIP isn't smart enough to delete things like that for you :)

Hi,

I'm using this ISO to do clean installs.

I haven't got $oem$ folder, addons ou silent installers folders.

My ISO is just a installation CD XP POST SP3. (I have just winnt.sif + winnt32.sif)

Folders "cmpnents", "DOCS", "DOTNETFX", "SUPPORT" and "VALUEADD" take 79.1 Mo.

To get these up to date update these files:

MUAuth.cab - authorization.xml 21-05-2009

MUWEB_SITE.CAB - muweb.cat, muweb.dll, muweb.inf 06-08-2009

For WGA I use an addon http://rapidlibrary.com/download_file_i.ph...-2+-+redxii+.7z

My "MUAuth.cab" : 21-05-2009

My "MUWEB_SITE.CAB" : 16-10-2008 (Your :06-08-2009) => This is the problem ?

WGA_Validation_AddOn_1.9.40.0-2_-_redxii : how can use it ?

Thanks !

Thanks !

download here http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftu.../muweb_site.cab

put WGA_Validation_AddOn_1.9.40.0-2_-_redxii in the HFAAO folder.

xable has them too, didn't test them. http://xable.net/

Thanks !

download here http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftu.../muweb_site.cab

put WGA_Validation_AddOn_1.9.40.0-2_-_redxii in the HFAAO folder.

xable has them too, didn't test them. http://xable.net/

With the new "muweb_site.cab", I have got the same think :

Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)

Windows Genuine Advantage (KB905474)

I haven't integrate WGA_Validation_AddOn_1.9.40.0-2_-_redxii because I don't know where is HFAAO folder.

I need extrat 7z file in the HFAAO folder or integrate directly the 7z file ?

Where is HFAAO folder ?

Best regards