98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

3.0 final will probably last version of uSP.

I won't believe that, not even for one second! This project will be abandonned only over your dead body. :D

None of us can help it, especialy you, Gape.

Nice to see you back. But I knew you will be back!

:hello:

Edited by Fredledingue

I have contacted my previous internet provider to remove my ftp-account which still displayed the Windows 98SE Service Pack Dutch website here:

http://members.chello.nl/h.nekeman1/98spnl/

I do not have access to that account anymore. I have stopped working on a dutch language pack long ago so please remove any links to my website.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No. The uSP is English-Only, as are most of the things here, unless where support for some other language is explicitly stated. Of course, you can always deploy the back-up image you've made just before installing the uSP, and you'll be back to full Spanish Win in 30 min. or less... That's just one of the many reasons for backing-up.

Of course, you can always deploy the back-up image you've made just before installing the uSP, and you'll be back to full Spanish Win in 30 min. or less... That's just one of the many reasons for backing-up.

How i do the backup ?

but the backup return language and unnistall again the uSP ?? i'm not understand very much sorry :blushing:

The backup would be useful for you only if created before installing the uSP. It'd, of course, return the machine to the state it was before installing the uSP. But you cannot do it a posteriori. Sorry. If, however, you don't want to remove the uSP, then you'll have to put up with it in "Spanglish". Sorry, again!

Obs.: One should not post in these forums in any language except English, unless accompanied by the post's translation, and even that should be avoided, unless inevitable.

[spanish]

El backup solo le serviria si Ud. lo hubiera hecho antes de instalar el uSP. Y, por supuesto, el le retornaria la computadora al estado precediente a la instalacion del uSP. Pero no se puede hacerlo a posteriori. Lo siento. Todavia, si Ud. no quiere remover el uSP, entonces ha que soportarlo en "Espangles". Otra vez, lo siento!

Obs.: No se debe postar en estes foruns en otra lengua que no en Ingles, si no se posta tambien la traduccion, y aun esto se deve evitar, si no fuere inevitable.

[/spanish]

To restore, use preferably a DOS command in Dos mode.

I would strongly advise against doing that unless there is no other resort!

The first thing it will do is destroy all your long file names.

I, of course, found this out a few years ago, the hard way because I didn't think first.

:no:

Yes, of course copy *.* is not the kind of stuff to be used light-handedly.

I would recommand studying the DOS language and the copy and xcopy function at least for one or two hours before starting.

Now let's say your DVD drive where your on-DVD back up is inserted is E and the directory structure on it is identical to that on drive C, the following code should be relatively safe to run:

xcopy E:\windows\*.* C:\windows\*.* /e /h /r /k

Most of files in windows are 8.3 named. On my pc I have only a andful of rfx and dat files with long names. From what I'v read they can be deleted.

Only .swp file(s) cannot be copied or restored.

I started to write a vbscript a few years ago to do just that (system restore and back up), but there was not interrest here for that so I gave up. Here is the link.

At the moment it only does a backup.

I have developped a restore script to use with that backup but it has never been tested so it's not available online. :blushing:

If I have to restart the project I think I'll give up the arj file compression or making it optionable since DVD back up and large HDD became so common.

Edited by Fredledingue