Winamp 5.24 Msi Release

Alanoll

Congratulations! I KNEW someone would come here and tell me to update the MSI to 5.1, even though it's STILL in beta status. Now quite honestly, I WON'T update the MSI untill Winamp.com's FRONTPAGE shows the change as ONLY THEN is it considered official.

Oh, I didn't see the word Beta anywhere on it.

@Alanoll would you have any idea why I don't have start menu > programs > winamp dir, for each user? I mean I install all my programs with runonceex as admin ( autologon first time ). And yet I don't have the dir for the other users ( I am creating them with cmdlines.txt so that might be a problem ). They should be created after winamp install to work ? Anyhow the only solution would be to copy the start menu dir to others ? :(

The Installer doesn't create them for all users. I'll look into changing that when 5.1 comes out.

Hi all

I have a problem with Winamp since using this MSI, but it could be other things I guess.

Doesnt look like anyone else has had the same problem though.

Anyway, to cut a long story short - my problem is to do with my settings not being saved. Such as enabling alpha blending and where the Winamp window was positioned are reverted back to default after a restart of my system.

Install config used:

[SETUP]
Xfull=0
Xagent=0
Xlibrary=0
Xhotkey=1
Xjump=0
Xtray=0
Xmodernskin=1
Xaudio=1
Xvideo=0
Xvisual=0
Xextra=1
Xdircont=1
Xtypecont=1
Xnetscape=0
Xaudiocd=1
XskinSetting=Foton_1_0a
XQuicklaunch=1
Xdesktop=0
XStartmenu=1
XINET=0
XREGAUD=1
XREGVID=1
XREGPLS=1

Also where would winamp save the apha blending option too? I copied the Winamp.ini from the program folder before and after and used the FC command and it said both files were the same?

Just want to check to see if the option is being saved to the file it should be.

Many thanks

@Alanoll would you have any idea why I don't have start menu > programs > winamp dir, for each user? I mean I install all my programs with runonceex as admin ( autologon first time ). And yet I don't have the dir for the other users ( I am creating them with cmdlines.txt so that might be a problem ). They should be created after winamp install to work ? Anyhow the only solution would be to copy the start menu dir to others ? :(

The Installer doesn't create them for all users. I'll look into changing that when 5.1 comes out.

Thanks. So far I manualy copy the dir, over to allusersprofile to make it for all.

Winamp 5.1 is out officially

by the way. in "what's new" they write

"* Fixed: Silent install switch now works properly"

does it mean that they added more switches or just fixed existing /S ?

Edited by mickmack

winamp50*.exe /S /install=SFQDRA

/S = Silent install

S=start menu icons, F=file association, Q=quicklaunch icon, D=desktop icon, R=fake registration, A=run winamp agent/set default

Those are the last known official switches for the original NullSoft installer.

Goodluck.

winamp50*.exe /S /install=SFQDRA

/S = Silent install

S=start menu icons, F=file association, Q=quicklaunch icon, D=desktop icon, R=fake registration, A=run winamp agent/set default

Those are the last known official switches for the original NullSoft installer.

Goodluck

So this means it DOESNT install these things, after use of these switches???