Winamp 5.24 Msi Release

Alanoll

I'm sure by now you're getting tired of working in all the fixes, many thanks for your efforts w this release.

One small problem I have is that I can't get it to register the mp3 filetype properly, as in when double clicking a mp3 file nothing happens, winamp doesn't open.

The "open" command for the mp3 file type on install of the release registers this:

C:\Program Files\Winamp\\Winamp.exe "%1" seems to me like the double \ is the problem, when I remove it, it works as expected.

Wondering if you have any thoughts. Alanoll

The install syntax I've been using:

Winamp5092.msi Xaudio=1 XREGAUD=1 XREGPLS=1 XQuicklaunch=0 XStartmenu=0 Xregopt=1 /qn

Are you sure there is not quotes around "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe"?

And your fix is right...you can just import a reg file to resolve it until Alanollz releases a fix.

Assuming the problem is reproduceable I mean...I didn't test it myself. ;)

Are you sure there is not quotes around "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe"?

And your fix is right...you can just import a reg file to resolve it until Alanollz releases a fix.

Assuming the problem is reproduceable I mean...I didn't test it myself. ;)

Looking into it further I found that the problem only shows when logging into a different user account than the MSI was installed in. The user account that the release is installed into directly doesn't have that problem.

As in when joining the system to a domain and logging into the system as a domain user, double clicking a mp3 file won't open winamp.

The problem isn't clear to me, I may have been wrong about the double \\, as that doesn't seem to be directly the issue. In any case removing the double \ does seem to fix it.

I tried the new release on a clean system, didn't fix it. It's a small issue though, I may just try to get it to work w reg fixes like OrcoXP suggests.

Any ideas?

hmmm....

sure the update didn't fix it? hmmm....

The file associations are being set in HKCR for the current user, and HKLM\Classes for the system. I'll double check both in a moment....

A snapshot of the registry would be helpful, HIVE format preferably (Save As, and type as Hive)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Winamp 5.094 Released:

Full Version:

http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client...mp5094_full.exe

Pro Version:

http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client...amp5094_pro.exe

Changelog:

New: in_wm now handles bitrate and length extended info

New: New random number generation for playlist shuffle

Fixed: Security vulnerability in id3v2 tags

Fixed: Winamp now shuffles playlists larger than 32,768 songs

Fixed: Fade on start now behaves properly

Fixed: separate directsound settings with multiple instances

Fixed: Winamp now supports adding URLs longer than 260 characters

Fixed: Editing files created in iTunes no longer causes corruption

Fixed: Length of long mp3's now reported properly

Fixed: gen_jumpex no longer crashes when DEP is enabled

Fixed: Sort selections in media library are now remembered

Fixed: Album names with non-alphanumeric character behave better

Fixed: Fixed intermittent crash on seeking for some users

Updated: new libmp4v2.dll

AGAIN, i ask WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO POST NOTIFYING OF A WINAMP UPDATE?!

Any Winamp user who actually knows what they're doing probably checks the site every once in a while, and even if they don't it will be on the frontpageof MSFN shortly anyway.

Any Winamp user who actually knows what they're doing probably checks the site every once in a while, and even if they don't it will be on the frontpageof MSFN shortly anyway.

I think it's not just the notification the people want to give. It also is an indirect question, if your .msi is updated and if so, when?

But it always the same: Veni, Vidi, Vici. Alanoll came, saw and did the update. :thumbup

Next time, I'll post on the frontpage instead...

They just want to know if you are gonna update it and when, for my part i know you will, but this is not done with a click of the fingers, so im only waiting for the holy message "updated msi to v5.094" to start testing again :) Usually it takes less than a week or two.

They just want to know if you are gonna update it and when, for my part i know you will, but this is not done with a click of the fingers, so im only waiting for the holy message "updated msi to v5.094" to start testing again :)  Usually it takes less than a week or two.

I'll double this... and bring the thread back up to the top. I'm looking forward to helping test out a new release as soon as you've got the time to finish it.

I need to add support for more lossless audio formats to WinAMP (Monkey's Audio, etc.). Is there a way to auto-integrate new extensions (.APE, .APL, .MAC, ...) at unattended install time?

prog[pn]=['Winamp 5']

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\DOCS\\Install\\Winamp\\Winamp5.0.8.msi INI=%cdrom%\\DOCS\\Install\\Winamp\\winamp.ini" /qn]

cmd2[pn]=['pskill.exe winamp.exe']

dflt[pn]=['no']

forc[pn]=['false']

ordr[pn]=[270]

uid[pn]=['']

deps[pn]=[]

pn++

winamp.ini:--

[sETUP]

XAUDIO=1

XVIDEO=0

XNAME=xxxxxxxxx

XKEY=xxxxxxxx

iam using this format.but its not working.

help pls