Winamp 5.24 Msi Release

Alanoll

i was wondering how long till someone noticed that text string error :P

I'll get to fixing the WFP problem in a sec. I reformatted my laptop (finally, after a 1.5 years), and so i have to still reinstall a few things.

i have noticed the second day you maked msi install, but i used adminstudio to edit instead to wait and download again :P

Edited by maniaq

I have an error in installation process (512)

Error 1931: Windows Installer Service cannot update Drmclien.dll because is protected by Windows.

What i must to do?

I have the very same problem. Any solutions yet? I don' t want to integrate WMP10... The file is present on the HDD btw., the installer seems trying to overwrite it causing that error.

I have an error in installation process (512)

Error 1931: Windows Installer Service cannot update Drmclien.dll because is protected by Windows.

What i must to do?

I have the very same problem. Any solutions yet? I don' t want to integrate WMP10... The file is present on the HDD btw., the installer seems trying to overwrite it causing that error.

At the risk of being a pain I will report that I have the same issue too.

I also noticed that the winamp agent shotcut is "WnampAgent" not "Winamp Agent" (needs a space)

Also the "User Information" dialog appears when starting, playlist and library are turned on by default and also a message appears about asking to scan system for media. Is it possible to stop these starting up in an enabled or visible way but still installing.

I have just upgraded from the 5.08 install so maybe that is the issue. (complete uninstall first) Is this the same for everyone else or does it happen from clean builds also.

Edited by cn0saj

Alanoll talks about problems in the msi, sometimes (eg: shortcut link, or this drmclien.dll), but I can never tell whether he's fixed it or not in the MSI from the first post...

could it be because they haven't been? I'm very busy at the moment, and the few times that i do have time for something that's NOT school related, i choose to relax and go have fun. I'm in the first week of school, so i should have time by the weekend to fix the issues.

Alanoll talks about problems in the msi, sometimes (eg: shortcut link, or this drmclien.dll), but I can never tell whether he's fixed it or not in the MSI from the first post...

could it be because they haven't been? I'm very busy at the moment, and the few times that i do have time for something that's NOT school related, i choose to relax and go have fun. I'm in the first week of school, so i should have time by the weekend to fix the issues.

Hey, no problem! I really appreciate your work, but just to say "I' m aware of the problem and know how to fix it" doesn' t help anyone but yourself you know :whistle:

it is not a Winamp problem nor a problem of this MSI so I don't understand why people complain about it.

just search google for the file and add it to your UWCD !

Or create a new CD with nlite... that fixed it for me a very long time ago.