HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

@ incroyable hulk

first: thank you very, very much for initiating this page and keeping it up-to-date, i really appreciate & prefer this "sticky" the windows-update page.....

@ all wizzards

as i'm not that familiar til now with the integrate option, i want to ask:

if i integrate hotfixes to my unattended windows prof cd (i already integrated sp2), what happens if for example hotfixes already integrated become "obsolet" because of newer hotfixes ???

(like the removed KB890047 & KB867282)

do i have to rebuild my cd ?

thx for any comments.

Thanks for the comment.

If a Hotfixe become obsolete, you would have to use the /desintegrate: switch...

No, no, just kidding! You would have to manually remove the KBxxxxxx.exe from the svcpack folder along with the .cat file. Then you would remove the proper entry about those 2 files in your svcpack.inf file...

@ incroyable hulk

thanks for your immediate response & your hint: the /desintegrate: switch worked perfect for me.

hihi.

so, it's manually "work" to do. i thought integrating hotfixes is a bit like "slipstreaming" instead of the way i do it til now:

i add the KBxxxxxx.exe files to the svcpack-folder & add those entries in my svcpack.inf file under:

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
KBxxxxxx.exe /u /n /z

hm?

btw: is it necessary to order the kbxxxxxx files in a special way ???

(lookin' forward to your next joke)

I'm trying, but the only thing I can come up with is: "Yeah, they need to be one after another." Sorry, it's late and I'm tired. The jokes are better (or worse, depending on who you ask) when I'm not afflicted with a burning desire for sleep.

Common practice is to order the files in numerical order. I believe that is what the MSFN Unattended guide recommends as well. I'm not sure if it is necessary, strictly speaking, but it certainly can't hurt. (Unless someone knows otherwise. ;))

@ incroyable hulk

thanks for your immediate response & your hint: the /desintegrate: switch worked perfect for me.

hihi.

so, it's manually "work" to do. i thought integrating hotfixes is a bit like "slipstreaming" instead of the way i do it til now:

i add the KBxxxxxx.exe files to the svcpack-folder & add those entries in my svcpack.inf file under:

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
KBxxxxxx.exe /u /n /z

hm?

It was suggested to keep them in the order they are integrated in your svcpack.inf but you can also use the Windows Defrag utility so the files are stored sequentially on your hard drive...

TY boooggy very much I disabled it on my pc. But is there anyway to disable this on the SP2 CD I made? Because I have load this cd on few pc's and would hate run this program on every one. When I made the cd with nLite I did were says options and tweaks. Then I did the tab were says Disable SFC (File Protection) . And also did FullUnattended. Then I did Create Bootable ISO and Burned a cd. But I see that nLite did not disable this File Protection. Do you know why please?