HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

Hi there... I'm a noob here, so if I mess up forgive me at least one time, ok? :)

Dunno if it was pointed, but in W2K update section, the item (the first one, actually):

KB890923 -› Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

Download -› 3.91 MB (April 11, 2005)

Switches: KB890923.exe /passive /norestart /quiet

The download link leads to the French thank you page at ms site.

The correct link (I think) should be:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=92e5a83d-9131-4b20-915a-a444c51656dc

Regards and thanks a lot for the priceless info you've provided me!

Corrected!

IcemanND has a wonderful tool to integrate all the hotfixes and sp2.

Instructions:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=38820&hl=

The Tool!

All of the hotfixes as of Today April 28, 2005 in one package!

Sorry it is only in English

HOTFIXES as of April 28, 2005 (English) USA Filesize 34MB

Incroyable HULK <<--

would u be willing to post a link to his integration script on your first page?

this is a great alternative for those that dont want to use Nlite, or RyanVM's packs.

just a suggestion. :whistle:

The main reason behind that tool was due to the failure to integrate both 885250 and 885835, but as I asked, without answer, RyanVM's pack doesn't use 885835, saying it has been superseded. Do we therefore need it. I know RyanVM's pack contains non-critical hotfixes too but surely a non-critical hotfix hasn't superseded a critical one!

Both RyanVM and Incroyable HULK have since posted, but still no word on whether we need it!

<Edit>

Asta I see your pack is different from the first post, does this mean that the first post is definitely wrong or just not as up to date. It still contains the 885835 update too, are the two you've missed out because they dont get integrated, or are they no longer needed?

Astas Pack only
KB835935.exe
KB867282.exe
KB884020.exe
KB885222.exe
KB886677.exe
KB887797.exe
KB888240.exe
KB890047.exe

First Page only
KB873374.exe - Registry Key method preferred
KB890830.exe - q switch required (no integrate)

</Edit>

Edited by Yzöwl

Are you sure, those two are both in Ryans pack too, although only installed in registry tweak format.

I'm guessing that Asta does the same, thereby run Iceman's script on the contents of Astas pack and adding the registry entries manually.

The only thing I have not understood is the conflicting information as to whether KB885835 should be integrated or KB885936 instead. Ryan says it has been superseded but Asta hasn't included instead and the first page neither.

Are you sure, those two are both in Ryans pack too, although only installed in registry tweak format.

I'm guessing that Asta does the same, thereby run Iceman's script on the contents of Astas pack and adding the registry entries manually.

The only thing I have not understood is the conflicting information as to whether KB885835 should be integrated or KB885936 instead. Ryan says it has been superseded but Asta hasn't included instead and the first page neither.

It's superceded by unofficial fixes.

http://ryanvm.msfn.org/updatepack.html

KB885936 - Files saved to a mapped network share from Windows XP are corrupted

KB895900 - Can't save a file to a shared folder on a file server

KB890951 - Can't access EFS files after changing user password to a new password