Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP2

Ok so then I still need to install it using the exe? Seems kinda silly to have a /integrate that does nothing but unpack some files.

Windows sets it up for you. You don't have to do anything.

The point is that the updated file is integrated into the CD prior to hotfix installation, which is important for security fixes and stuff.

...for now :D

Ok so then I still need to install it using the exe? Seems kinda silly to have a /integrate that does nothing but unpack some files.

Windows sets it up for you. You don't have to do anything.

The point is that the updated file is integrated into the CD prior to hotfix installation, which is important for security fixes and stuff.

...for now :D

So what you're saying is that Windows will do everything automatically such that after a clean install the update will be in effect? If I use the TCPIP.SY_ you posted will it be overwritten?

Whats with the Microsoft GDI+Detection KB873374 it says its a critical but I tried to dnload the file so I could integrate it and I can't pull it from the catalog page of windows update. http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/

Is this like a oversite or is it just something that isn't really needed?

edit: I searched microsoft downloads and got it.

Whats with the Microsoft GDI+Detection KB873374 it says its a critical but I tried to dnload the file so I could integrate it and I can't pull it from the catalog page of windows update. http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/

Is this like a oversite or is it just something that isn't really needed?

edit:  I searched microsoft downloads and got it.

All you need to do is put in a registry entry for WindowsUpdate to ignore the GDI+ stuff.

So what you're saying is that Windows will do everything automatically such that after a clean install the update will be in effect? If I use the TCPIP.SY_ you posted will it be overwritten?
Exactly

im confused with all these... does the exe file that the KB884020 /integrate creates the same as the original WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe file?

also, if ever il be using RyanVM's modified TCPIP.SY_ file, shall i be just replacing the existing file under i386 of my winxpcd cd? also, in replacing the file, shall it have to be that i've applied the KB884020 patch first?

Not So Widely Needed Updates:

Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Pack

This package is intended for users of the English version of Microsoft® Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 who already installed Windows XP Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Pack.

Language Interface Pack for Microsoft Windows XP Professional Cumulative Help Update (KB883797)

Microsoft has provided an update to the Help system for customers who use Windows XP Service Pack 2, and have installed the Slovak Language Interface Pack for Windows XP Professional, English or the Slovenian Language Interface Pack for Windows XP Professional.

Multilingual User Interface Packs for Windows Movie Maker 2.1

The Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Packages for Windows Movie Maker 2.1 provide a localized user interface to users of Multilingual User Interface (MUI) versions of the Windows XP operating system who have installed Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). This allows users to switch the Windows Movie Maker 2.1 menus, dialog boxes, and Help from one language to another.

Update for Windows Small Business Server 2003: KB 872769

This update enables and configures the Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2 on Windows Small Business Server 2003 networks.

Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit 3.0

The Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) version 3.0 for Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 contains the tools and documentation you need to design, deploy, and support applications on these platforms.

*Note* ACT 2.0 is what SP-2 still comes with in the support tools folder.

Edited by DisabledTrucker

im confused with all these... does the exe file that the KB884020 /integrate creates the same as the original WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe file?

also, if ever il be using RyanVM's modified TCPIP.SY_ file, shall i be just replacing the existing file under i386 of my winxpcd cd? also, in replacing the file, shall it have to be that i've applied the KB884020 patch first?

1.) Yes, the exe in the svcpack folder is the SAME file, just renamed

2.) Yes, you'll be replacing the file in i386 on your CD. The problem is that when KB884020.exe runs from svcpack.inf, it's going to overwrite your patched tcpip.sys which was copied from i386 with the unpatched version from the EXE.

I've nearly got a solution for this problem ready to go, though :)

just a followup: i was wondering, will it be less redundant if i wont use the /INTEGRATE switch and instead directly copy the WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe at my svcpack folder and run it from there with the proper parameters?

You can do that. However, the updated file won't be included in your installation source. That's not a big deal for the two updates so far, but it might be a bigger deal down the road when security updates start coming out.

just a followup: i was wondering, will it be less redundant if i wont use the /INTEGRATE switch and instead directly copy the WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe at my svcpack folder and run it from there with the proper parameters?

You can do that. However, the updated file won't be included in your installation source. That's not a big deal for the two updates so far, but it might be a bigger deal down the road when security updates start coming out.

but will both approach have the same results when XP's installed?

but will both approach have the same results when XP's installed?

No, that's the POINT.

The EXE will end up REPLACING the patched file you specifically put on the CD.