Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP2

Got this one off the frontpage.

Hadn't seen it posted.

KB884020

Was just about to post it myself. Means we'll need an updated patched version of Tcpip.sys as well.

EDIT: Here's update info for the patch:

KB884020
 Date         Version        Size     File name
 ---------------------------------------------------
 13-Aug-2004  5.1.2600.2505  359,040  tcpip.sys

Do you guys like this info or am I wasting my time?

Keep it up: That is what this thread is for.

That update has been out a while, but was not made available for public download until very recently. It can be "integrated" with the ... "/integrate" switch. I have not yet checked to see if it shows up on Windows Update yet.

http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/TCPIP.SY_ (171KB)

Patched for 100 connections, modifype'd, and compressed with makecab. Ready to go on the XP CD.

@GM - Is there a DOS command to get the current date/time?

EDIT: OK, I've got DATE /T now. What I'm trying to do is get the current date written to a variable so I can pass that date as the "installed" date to the registry for the hotfixes (since I'm going to integrate them all into the install source).

Patched for 100 connections, modifype'd, and compressed with makecab. Ready to go on the XP CD.

EDIT: OK, I've got DATE /T now. What I'm trying to do is get the current date written to a variable so I can pass that date as the "installed" date to the registry for the hotfixes (since I'm going to integrate them all into the install source).

Is TCPIP.sys language dependant?

Is TCPIP.sys language dependant?

dutch version is the same as the english version :w00t:

so we can use RyanVM's hacked one

thanks

The variable %TIME% has the current time.

I believe TCPIP.SYS is language independant, meaning one version for all languages, even though the installers are available in different languages.

OK, and %DATE% works as well. Now if I could figure out how to take the Sat off the front of it. Basically I just want to write the registry values for the Update key and the only thing that would vary would be the install date. Everything else is static.

EDIT: Is there a way to use an environment variable in a .reg file or only in batch files?

The variable %TIME% has the current time.

I believe TCPIP.SYS is language independant, meaning one version for all languages, even though the installers are available in different languages.

OK, and %DATE% works as well. Now if I could figure out how to take the Sat off the front of it. Basically I just want to write the registry values for the Update key and the only thing that would vary would be the install date. Everything else is static.

so does this mean you are trying to update the file [TPC-IP.SYS]?

if so i'll wait a bit before i update my CD :whistle: