Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP2

I'm still about, I just haven't had a chance yet to get my other system up, been having problems with my back and seizures recently, I should have it ready by tommorow at the latest.  Will get back to you then about it.

Thanks for letting me know. Shoot me an IM for an updated test (and hopefully final) version.

hi,

hope this is the right place to ask this:

when i install .Net framework 1.1 SP1, windows update stops working, after unintall framework it works again, i have done this 2 or 3 times and happens always the same. So i am pretty sure its .Net Framework. WHY?

well i open internet explorer (i have portuguese version so i hope i am translating the options right to english) then i go to the tools menu and i hit windows update, then it load to that part you can choose 2 options, quick instalation (recommended one) and custom or advanced instalation (the one that have other updates, not only the critical ones). after i click one of those options it doesn't load giving me a numerical error.

i hope i've explained well :)

BTW, the web page gives me a few support options, like a FAQ and windows online support, i go the faq, it has several error numbers there, but not the one that appears to me

is this stupid or what? i install using a method i found on this forum that splipstreams sp1 and uses no swichs, do you think this is the problem?

post-70-1096652204_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Some are also saying on that board that installing Sun's Java Virtual Machine fixes the problem.

Oh, so now you are selling it as the latest Alka-Seltzer? Fixes everything?

:)

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! :lol:

Oh, and how 'bout Dem Yankees! :D:thumbup

RyanVM,

tks alot for trying to help but that does not work :( this is really stupid guys but really really stupid, i've tryed to install sun java 1.4.2-5 the latest Alka-Seltzer as greenmachine call it :P i've tryed the solution on the website you post Ryan and nothing. i've tryed with sp1, without sp1 and nothing. and everytime i uninstall .Net framework, windows update works fine. LOL, i can only laugh with this.

if you can give me further help, i aprecciate it.

RyanVM,

tks alot for trying to help but that does not work :( this is really stupid guys but really really stupid, i've tryed to install sun java 1.4.2-5 the latest Alka-Seltzer as greenmachine call it :P i've tryed the solution on the website you post Ryan and nothing. i've tryed with sp1, without sp1 and nothing. and everytime i uninstall .Net framework, windows update works fine. LOL, i can only laugh with this.

if you can give me further help, i aprecciate it.

I heard that that problem could also be caused by a serial number that appears too much used for updating...

if you can make sure it's not that... (contcting Microsoft)

bye

I heard that that problem could also be caused by a serial number that appears too much used for updating...

if you can make sure it's not that... (contcting Microsoft)

bye

how can that be dude, if when i uninstall .NET Framework it works great? can't be that right?

i found the meaning of the error, can you translate this to dummy language?

error code 0x80244010 is "The maximum allowed number of round trips to the server was exceeded".