Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

for MOZILL~1 problem just do a search and replace on setup.cmd, search "MOZILL~1" with "Mozilla Firefox" (without quotes)

1st off.. thx for the reply! 2nd, Ive been meaning to ask about this.. why do you use the shortname convention in this batch file instead of full name?

thx again bud!

Well I can say that I had a similar issue he had... I used the defaultprofile and searchplugins folder and it had the same effect he experienced.. it created a folder called MOZILL~1 and copied it into there. The reg tweaks work fine with using this shortname, but I needed to create an additional variable (I called it FFDIRLG) which I set to the full folder name (Mozilla Firefox) for the items that performed xcopy.

because the original code (by jdoe) had it to prevent issues with spaces and long path names, that's the only reason. i still can't understand why it didn't work for Mekrel... :unsure:

im just unlucky :(

Profile.ini does that have to inside with the rest of the profile.

eg. Profile.ini is in the same folder as cookies.txt and bookmarks.html because in my Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\ directory is it is there, outside the profile directory.

@durex, hope that issue is solved now :)

@Mekrel, directory structure:

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini > Setup\Profile\profiles.ini

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\randomstrings > Setup\Profile\Profiles\randomstrings

inside randomstrings, bookmarks.html, cookies.txt...

Ahh i see, so basically keep same structure as whats in the application data profile :D

Thanks mate, tested and it works :).

Ive managed to get my associations to work aswell, I was kindly helped my Yzwol (sp?) who supplied me with a cmd file to delete some registry keys after backing them up into .reg files. If I run that, then run your setup.cmd, html files do open with firefox and have the right icon. \o/

If the firefox startup is too slow for you, try pre-loading it.  It leaves a small footprint in memory at all times, but it's worth it to have firefox load up almost instantly.

Firefox Preloader [sourceforge]

preloader is interesting

before i try it out, how much of a footprint is there?

I've just tested it and i want to say thanks to rutger10000, it works really great and the footprint is about 3220 Ko in memory (in my system) but the firefox loading is now very, very faster... you can try it

question: i unzip firefox in progfiles and place a shortcut which works for me. now of course extensions and such wont get installed after my nlite install. can somebody tell me whether firefox uses registry keys to remember settings, because otherwise i can just copy the firefox folder in users/username/application data/mozila and not need a funky, complicated installer tha's not needed since i only install my nlite-unattended cd on 1 pc...

@eben, has been thought before, problem is if you read this thread that some chrome files point the full path to files so if your profile is in other drive, or path...

you better try to install extensions and themes from the command line and that's all

@fluid, firefox will always be installed on %PROGRAMFILES% doesn't matter if it's drive C: or D:

if you want to change the location to install you'll need to edit config.ini from the main firefox installation and if you use batches adapt the code to your new path

How do I change the Program Files location?

this will be the easiest solution;

there are multiple ways: you can change some registry settings using a .cmd or a .reg file, the cleanest way could be winnt.sif or using nlite. there is a lot of info around here on the forums, do a little search.