Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

@amp_man, try to contact the creator of the setup (totoymola) by pm

@Nologic post your advances when possible ;)

@hfrfc:

1) no is not normal. probably your .cmd won't run propperly

2) yes you can and probably it can solve your question 1)

@Astalavista & @Mekrel, thanks for helping firefox users problems :)

@amp_man, try to contact the creator of the setup (totoymola) by pm

@Nologic post your advances when possible ;)

@hfrfc:

1) no is not normal. probably your .cmd won't run propperly

2) yes you can and probably it can solve your question 1)

@Astalavista & @Mekrel, thanks for helping firefox users problems :)

Here is my runonceex :

Here

.Jar .xpi file association is correctly set, i ve just tried it. Icons are put correctly....

I'm quite sure it s because i use a french version of ff /xp... :realmad:

@hfrfc, i think it has nothing to do with french because i use the spanish 1 lol

so that is the problem. you execute the reg entries from the same runonce.cmd. just put all of those entries on firefox.cmd and call it from runonce, like...

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\firefox\firefox.cmd" /f

the way you do it, reg entries are added before firefox has been installed. probably your firefox custom installer corrupt them :)

just run firefox.cmd AFTER everything got installed. not sure about this, is just to be picky. if it doesn't solve the problem, try to remove

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.htm
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.html

and then run firefox.cmd again. sorry i would like to help more but it's the only thing i've got in mind at this moment.

its ok simon, thanks for helping anyway. I just find it weird thats all but I cant remember whats in RyanVM update pack 1.05 and his site isnt listing it atm as his server move is taking place. Reasearching that may shed some light as it only seems to happen after I put that into my UA DVD.

Many thanks :)

@hfrfc, i think it has nothing to do with french because i use the spanish 1 lol

so that is the problem. you execute the reg entries from the same runonce.cmd. just put all of those entries on firefox.cmd and call it from runonce, like...

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\firefox\firefox.cmd" /f

the way you do it, reg entries are added before firefox has been installed. probably your firefox custom installer corrupt them :)

Thx ! It works !! :D

I need the same reg tweaks with thunderbird and i'm done . :yes:

If u create a Mozilla directory within the Application Data path (check for it with something like FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%A IN ('reg query "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" /v "AppData"') DO SET applicationdata=%%B)) that contains the following:

Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini

Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\XYXYXYXY.default\

with profiles.ini looking somewhat like:

[General]

StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]

Name=default

IsRelative=1

Path=Profiles/XYXYXYXY.default

you can install firefox AND plugins completely unattended (note - in the example you have to change the IF EXIST parameter from firefoy to whatever you need)...

IF EXIST firefox.exe for %%e in ("%cdrom%\Software\Firefox_Themes_Extensions\*.xpi") do "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -install-global-extension "%%e"

IF EXIST firefox.exe for %%e in ("%cdrom%\Software\Firefox_Themes_Extensions\*.jar") do "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -install-global-theme "%%e"

The question i have is:

Can i randomly create a directory named "XYXYXYXY.default"? I can do it by running md "%RANDOM%.default" (or md "%RANDOM%%RANDOM%.default" or md "%RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM%.default" or...) or so - but then i get a directory name with more/less than 8 chars (and only numbers, no letters) - any ideas? we would have to include the name of the directory into the ini files, too!

i suppose, the randomly created directory is just for security reasons?

Hi all,

Well after the release of update pack 1.2 and nlite 0.98b, i remade my unattended DVD, but still the firefox .cmd doesnt set my assoications.

Now! I need to know two things:

1) Can somebody link me to the latest and most stable .msi installer for firefox. Yes i know some are on this thread but I do not want all the extensions and themes that come with them.

2) When using the .msi, I can still use my profile.exe right after and it will still update my profile right?

Or could totoymola make me a default .msi :P or teach me how (is always good to learn)

Yes I have already used firefox.exe with the hacked config.ini but like i said firefox.cmd doesnt set icons for html files :( , and if i install firefox normally it does. Which is why I think a .msi installer will solve my problem

Many thanks!

@echo off
cmdow @ /HID
REM Variables
FOR %%A IN ("%PROGRAMFILES%") DO SET SHORTPF=%%~sA
REM FIREFOX
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /V "Check_Associations" /D "no" /F
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /V "ShowedCheckBrowser" /D "yes" /F
REG ADD "HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /V "Check_Associations" /D "no" /F
REG ADD "HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /V "ShowedCheckBrowser" /D "yes" /F

REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet" /VE /D "FIREFOX.EXE" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet" /VE /D "FIREFOX.EXE" /F
REG ADD "HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet" /VE /D "FIREFOX.EXE" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.htm" /VE /D "FirefoxHTML" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.html" /VE /D "FirefoxHTML" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\FirefoxHTML\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\FirefoxHTML\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url \"%%1\"" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.xpi\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.xpi\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -install-global-extension \"%%1\"" /F
REM REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.jar" /F
REM REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.jar\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REM REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.jar\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -install-global-theme \"%%1\"" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ftp\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ftp\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url \"%%1\"" /F
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ftp\shell\open\ddeexec" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\gopher\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\gopher\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url \"%%1\"" /F
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\gopher\shell\open\ddeexec" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\http\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\http\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url \"%%1\"" /F
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\http\shell\open\ddeexec" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\https\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\https\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url \"%%1\"" /F
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\https\shell\open\ddeexec" /F

I thought that was accomplished using firefox.cmd , weird thing is it was working... and then just stopped :( , and cant seem to work out why.

can't answer the first question because i've never used the non-extension version of gmail notifier. i suppose is exactly the same but integrated on your browser.

about second question, someboy write the code and i just did the dirty work. i also provided a download link on that thread (here)

changelog: typos corrected lol