Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

I'm kind of surprised that no one else posted this...

The Firefox Homepage has posted Firefox 1.0.1.

The changelog is here.

Here's what's new in Firefox 1.0.1:

* Improved stability

* International Domain Names are now displayed as punycode. (To show International Domain Names in Unicode, set the "network.IDN_show_punycode" preference to false.)

* Several security fixes.

Have they allowed for silent installation yet? or is it time to update the first post with all new files for 1.0.1?

http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge/releases/1.0.1.html

What's new in Firefox 1.0.1

Last updated February 24, 2005.

Most of the changes in Firefox 1.0.1 were security fixes and stability fixes.

Security hole fixes

* 22183 - Display hostname in title bar when address bar is hidden, to reduce the impact of the fact that web sites are allowed to spoof address bars.

* 260560 - Security and download dialogs can be spoofed by covering them partially using popup windows.

* 262887 - Secunia background tab security issues (SA12712).

* 273699 - 2 Frame Injection Vulnerabilities (popup blocking race condition & onunload event mis-firing).

* 275417 - Download dialog source spoofing (SA13599).

* 279945 - Image drag and drop allows to create executable files.

* 280056 - When dropping a javascript link to a tab, the script runs in the security context of the site currently displayed in the tab.

* 280603 - "New Updates Avail" popup in bottom right-hand corner pops up endlessly / excessive hits on update service.

* 280664 - Using Flash and the -moz-opacity filter you can get access to about:config and make the user silently change values.

* 282270 - Display IDN URLs as punycode by default (controlled by a hidden pref).

More security holes fixed in Firefox 1.0.1 will be made public after Firefox 1.0.1 is released. The most serious holes will be listed on the known-vulnerabilities page.

Notable bug fixes

* 229706 - Unattended install asks for installation folder.

* 233625 - Uninstalling deleted non-Firefox folders (after installing to C:\Program Files\).

* 98564 - Caret overlaps the last character in textfield (if positioned after the last char).

* 271473 - Decouple services on update.mozilla.org.

* 280603 - "New Updates Avail" popup in bottom right-hand corner pops up endlessly / excessive hits on update service.

* 236596 - Form element cannot get focus when loaded by XML/XSLT page.

* 262822 - FIPS can't be enabled.

* 261934 - Regression: network.standard-url.encode.utf8 and network.enableIDN prefs are ignored.

* 242845 - [Mac]Firefox disk image should use .dmg internal zlib-compression, not .dmg.gz.

* 180309 - [Linux] Crash while loading page with MS .fon font.

setup updated to 1.0.1,

(+) Feature Added

(-) Feature Removed

(*) Feature Remaining

(†) Note

Features List:

* Silent by default! No switches needed!

+ Optionally invisible †1

* English language

* Removed QFA Component †2

+ ADT (Advanced Developer Tools) Component is now always installed

* Icon size boosted up to 128x128 †3

+ Prefetch tweak added to shortcuts. Optional shortcuts to default profile and profiles admin †4

* Removed certain searchplugins: Amazon, eBay and Creative

* Added certain searchplugins: MSFN, Filemirrors, Google (images), IMDB, Microsoft

- Removed certain searchplugins: Babelfish Translation (SP/EN, EN/SP)

* Added certain plugins: Adobe Acrobat 7, RealPlayer™ (Live Connect included), QuickTime, Shockwave Flash, Shockwave for Director

- Removed certain plugins: RealJukebox, Microsoft Office 2003, Java™ 2 Platform

* Preferences Tweak †5

* MSFN Forum Thread Bookmark

+ Custom Extensions, Themes, Defaults\Profile, Plugins, Searchplugins and Language Pack support! †6