Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

Word Find Find your search terms on a page and navigate to them.
write directly on the page or ctrl+f to search, integrated on firefox ;)

1 nothing will be overwrited because if you don't start firefox no profiles will be created. just rar-sfx

2 yes if you want to set it as your default browser

3 it depends if you want extensions or themes

4 xpi is a extension package, jar is a theme package

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

3 it depends if you want extensions or themes

assuming i dont install anything extra, besides what the "Firefox 1.0 Silent Installation (SiMoNsAyS)" package comes with, do i need anything else (besides the installer, SFX, and cmd)?

[edit]

also, with the "ctrl+f to search, integrated on firefox", is there a way to close it via keyboard shortcut? or only clicking the "X"?

hey can anyone tell me how to seach certain posts inside a particular thread, i wanna try to find a tutorial on how to integrate extensions and themes into a firefox instalation, then repack and and not have to call the extensions, and import them. Im just to lazy to read everything on 42 pages

@a06lp nice!

@twizt3d, click on print topic and just search on the entire post.

about integrate extensions and themes, yes, most of us has thougth about it but none has been able to do it. also think that it would be a problem when you need to update your installation :}

Firefox 1.0 Silent Installation (totoymola)

Features List

• No DOM inspector
  • No QFA
  • Flash Player plug-in
  • Additional themes (Noia eXtreme, Noia Lite, SphereGnomeBig, ScribbliesKids, Curacao, Pinball, 708990, Littlefox, Walnut, Archaic, ScribbliesBrite, Nautical Blue, Pheonity, Doodle Plastik, Nautical)
  • Extensions (Flashgot*, Adblock, Image Zoom, BBCode, QuickTabPrefToggle, Mouse Gestures, Context Search, GooglePreview, Resize Search Box, Translate, Gmail Notifier, LinkVisitor, FireFTP, Advanced Highlighter Button)

DOWNLOAD 12,4 MB

*Note: Some people reported that flashgot plugin appears to have problems.

hey guys, this version is down, and from the looks of things, it's the one I want (more extensions then I want, but it's got the ones I need and I don't want to manually add them). Can someone send me a copy (use my msn addy) or provide another download? Sorry if this is already somewhere, but it's 42 pages, and the print thing is no help, totoymola must be there a million times.

SiMoNsAyS -

Thats not fully correct...that set of scripts I posted prior to add XPIs and JARs does work....the problem being the install.js files contained in most of those files fail...or so it seems. Out of the current 78 XPIs I use only 3 managed to install, jslib & launchy...and some other one that doesn't come to mind off hand. I don't recall if the theme JARs installed correctly or not...I was far more interested in the XPIs.

Maybe tomorrow I'll look into automating repackaging the XPI files prior to adding to them to the installer. So we are close to a break through on repackaging the installer...if I just get off my a** and finish some stuff up and do some more testing....so maybe...just maybe.

BMN u owe me big time for doing this :thumbup

i dont know what is the problem it took me 5 mins to do it for you.

here is the profile with your extension minus one w/c was not valid. I think

it was the time something.

Download the 2 files below

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/555754/shortcut.exe.html

this will create a default profile shortcut on your start menu find it under

firefox.

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/555747/profile.exe.html

Make a bat file

which contains this code

rmdir /s /q "%APPDATA%\Mozilla" <--- this works with xp pro if u are the administrator

Basically this command will delete your mozilla folder in your

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla

but if you have another personality it will look like this

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXX\Application Data\Mozilla

go to start

go to run

type cmd

type set

and look for the corresponding code.

run it before u apply the profile.exe

Ok ive tried the tutorial and it seems to work fine on an french version :P

However i have 2 questions :

- Even after installing "Firefox Installation Settings" with runonceex, the first time i lauch firefox it still asks me if firefox should be the default browser... Is this normal ?

- Can i create a firefox.cmd with "Firefox Installation Settings" in it and lauch it from the runonceex.cmd ? For example something like this :

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\firefox.cmd" /f

thx a lot :lol:

thanks a lot asta.ur awsome man.

actually iam using wpi to install firefox.and this is my code

prog[pn]=['FireFox 1.0 Plus']

desc[pn]=['The wait is over. Firefox 1.0 empowers you to browse faster, more safely and more efficiently than with any other browser.

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\DOCS\\Install\\FireFox\\Firefox10_Silent_EN.exe']

cmd2[pn]=['%cdrom%\\DOCS\\Install\\FireFox\\profile.exe']

dflt[pn]=['yes']

forc[pn]=['false']

ordr[pn]=[90]

pn++

profile here mentioned here is ur profile.(from ur guide).it is working for me.can i replace new one with this.will it work?

thanks once again man

thanks a lot asta.ur awsome man.

actually iam using wpi to install firefox.and this is my code

prog[pn]=['FireFox 1.0 Plus']

desc[pn]=['The wait is over. Firefox 1.0 empowers you to browse faster, more safely and more efficiently than with any other browser.

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\DOCS\\Install\\FireFox\\Firefox10_Silent_EN.exe']

cmd2[pn]=['%cdrom%\\DOCS\\Install\\FireFox\\profile.exe']

dflt[pn]=['yes']

forc[pn]=['false']

ordr[pn]=[90]

pn++

profile here mentioned here is ur profile.(from ur guide).it is working for me.can i replace new one with this.will it work?

thanks once again man

Yes making a profile is easy and is the best way to get firefox looking how you want.

Just start up your default profile using the command in Astalavista's guide and customise firefox in any shape/way and form you usually would.

I recomend installing the chrome edit plugin, this allows you to edit your prefs and user.js in which you can enter the tweaks you posted in your firefox tweak thread. Then once you have firefox looking how you would want it to/ install plugins and extensions you want.

Go to %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\Defaults\Profile and add all the files found in this folder to a SFX archieve, and set the archieve to extract to the same location above after the install of firefox.

Remember to run the clear all button to clear passwords/cache/cookies and form data before you do this for size and security reasons in case someone got hold of your profile.exe.

Whats happening in easy terms is:

When firefox installs it creats this profile folder, and when you launch firefox it copies it to your application data folder. So that different users on the same PC can have a customised version of firefox.

Doing the pofile.exe replaces the default profile before it gets coppied to yor application data folder, thus setting up the browser how you customised it.

A word of warning: I found starting up an old install of firefox to use the default profile, and then editing the default profile made firefox mess up when you start firefox up normally the next time. The solution is simple. Uninstall firefox, delete the Mozilla firefox folder from your application data folder and then reinstall. DONT LAUNCH firefox straight away. Instead use the profile.exe you just used and then launch it. This will put the setting back to how you want and shows your profile works ;)