Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

in your guide you say to comment out lines 742-759. But from what I can tell this guide was written for 1.0.

I am using 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 so I need to know what I am commenting out since the config.ini may not be the same, as far as line numbers go.

Thanx

@anandus...

ever hear of reading? all the info on how to add extensions is on the first page.

Sorry, but I can't find anything about adding extensions to Firefox 1.0.2, installed with the -ms switch.

I can only find how to add extensions to the custom build by SiMoNsAyS, but maybe I'm not looking right :(

I'll reread it, then :)

edit: Call me an id***, but I really can't find it. Prolly searching for the wrong keyword in the post...

I've opened firefox.exe in WinRar, looked through both config.ini and install.ini, but still don't have a clue :}

Sorry, but I can't find anything about adding extensions to Firefox 1.0.2, installed with the -ms switch.

I can only find how to add extensions to the custom build by SiMoNsAyS, but maybe I'm not looking right :(

I'll reread it, then :)

edit: Call me an id***, but I really can't find it. Prolly searching for the wrong keyword in the post...

I've opened firefox.exe in WinRar, looked through both config.ini and install.ini, but still don't have a clue  :}

To install an extension, you need to use the -install-global-extension parameter. For it to work properly, you need a profile created (either copy it, or use -CreateProfile parameter). As for adding it to the installer itself, it takes a lot more work than is necessary.

Simon's installer tries to take the guess work out of the install by telling you to just add the extensions to the winrar archive in the xpi folder. I assume it works as advertised, and would recommend it for new users.

@simonsays

Ok 2 questions.

First to add my profile to your install I need to unrar it, make the changes and then, I assume rar/sfx again. But what comments do I use to rar it again? Did u just have it run setup.cmd ?

Second I actually asked earlier but no response as yet so I will include it here

in your guide you say to comment out lines 742-759 in the config.ini But I am not sure that the config.ini is the same in 1.0.2 so would like to know what it is that is being commented out to be sure i comment out the correct items.

And actually just thought of a third. I don't see a cleanup.cmd and if I am reading the setup.cmd correctly files will be placed on C:\ so I would need a cleanup.cmd right ?

Thanx

Edit:

One more question.

when I add my profile to your install, My extensions folder is included in this, so I am a**-u-me-ing that I dont need to reinstall the extensions, is this correct ?

Would it be possible to find out the setup.exe in Simons default installer consists of? So say for example, when a new FF release comes out, we could simply update it ourselves?

I noticed the exe in the installer is only 199KB vs 4.6MB of the normal FF installer.. is there a deployment version of this or something we can grab from FF's site?

Thanks!