SAV 9 - Symantec AntiVirus 9.0

prathapml

@RyanVM & mazin

No patches, and may not be either (coz of the massive extent to which v9.0 got pirated)! Gotta get it direct through sales channels (as of now, atleast :P).

@smc1979

If you already have 9.0 slip-streamed to include the latest patch, then don't worry about 9.0.1. It has (almost) the same patch, which permanently uses (additional) 5 MB of memory just for the sake of tying in with the Windows Security Center. Is that good or bad, I leave it to you to decide.

@RogueSpear

Anyone know if there is a seperate thread for SCS (SAV and the Firewall Client)? Or is this thread open for that discussion too?
There ain't any separate thread existing for SCS. This thread welcomes that discussion as well. :)

I was able to automatically install SAV 9.0 Corporate as described under http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=164316 (SAV v9.0.0.1400 and LiveUpdate v2.5.55.0) but now everytime I start the Computer a Explorer window pops off which shows the content of "c:\Progra~1\Symantec". Closing it is not the problem but the next time I boot the computer the window reappears.

The Computer is running German XP Pro SP2

How to solve this?

Thanks

Sebastian

everytime I start the Computer a Explorer window pops off which shows the content of "c:\Progra~1\Symantec".

This is usually because you have a bad shortcut in

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

or

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

which is not found. Try all the shortcuts in there and see if any of them is bad, e.g. paste the path in Explorer and remove the filename to see if you end up in an existing folder.

Also check your Startup/Autostart folder or whatever it is called in german windows. Else do as the professionals, :rolleyes: always run english version of Windows. If you don't understand the english GUI then you can always put in a german MUI on the english install.

For the record, the version floating around as "9.0.1.1100" is actually 9.0.1.1000 (as I thought). That's the way it shows up within SAV. People were probably confused because some file versions do show as 9.0.1.1100, but the overall program version is still 9.0.1.1000.

For the record ;):P

For the record, the version floating around as "9.0.1.1100" is actually 9.0.1.1000 (as I thought). That's the way it shows up within SAV.  People were probably confused because some file versions do show as 9.0.1.1100, but the overall program version is still 9.0.1.1000.

For the record ;):P

That is not true, version '9.0.1.1100' very much exists. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

post-80-1096086846_thumb.jpg