SAV 9 - Symantec AntiVirus 9.0

prathapml

@drthawhizkid

Yes, just renaming. No extraction required.

@big poppa pump

So, no more investigation about switches. :)

@Cee-Kay

Thank you very much for your time trying to help.

Now, it's much easier. Stay for harder missions. :)

If the message shows only "Full Version," it is Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition without licensing.

So I do not have a licence. So how can I solve my problem? please :)

I'm sure it's easier to use the packager included with v9, but I need the project files from v8.1 to use it cause symantec "forgot" to put them on the cd. I'd like to test that so if anyone could send me the files to thauzar@videotron.ca it would be very appreciated.

Symantec didnt forget, Packager is discontinued since version 9. Dunno why.

I told him. But he believes that the packager of 8.1 can work for 9. I'm not sure if this is possible, however.

@drthawhizkid

HUH? Do you have good news about that? I didn't try it.

**** it why doesn't anyone listen to me instead of repeating the same old thing I already know. LISTEN and learn: quoted from symantec website

Cannot find a Packager PMI file for Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.0

Situation:

In the documentation for Symantec AntiVirus 9.0, it says that when you use the unsupported tool Packager to distribute the Symantec AntiVirus software, you can use the default PMI file.

Solution:

Symantec AntiVirus 9.0 does not have a PMI file for use with Packager. Symantec AntiVirus 9.0 is now an MSI that can be edited using any MSI editor tool. The reference to a default PMI with the unsupported Packager is referencing the use of legacy Symantec AntiVirus 8.x PMI's.

This is exactly my case. Yes packager is no longer supported in v9.0 BUT it still is distributed on the cd as you can see in the attached screenshot. The ONLY THING MISSING are the files that they "forgot" to put on the cd and that's why I've been asking here for a week for some kind 8.1 corporate user to send me those darn project files from his packager. CAUSE THAT'S THE SOLUTION FROM SYMANTEC. All I got yet is denial and people telling me this is warez... come on guys... (and mazin thanks for your help but if you don't have v8.1 you could do nothing more)

It's not because it's no longer officially supported that this will not work, and since nobody tried yet we wont know before I do it. Now if anyone can understand what i'm saying, please take some time to look through your old cds, find SAV v8.1 and zip me the project files that comes with packager. You can mail them at thauzar@videotron.ca

Thanks to all who took their time to answer!

post-80-1094298500_thumb.jpg

Symantec didnt forget, Packager is discontinued since version 9. Dunno why.

I hope I get a star like he does for LOOKING FIRST ON OFFICIAL SITES, before saying anything untrue like "packager is discontinued" if it was discontinued it would not be on the CD :w00t:

no harsh feeling about this buddy :P