SAV 9 - Symantec AntiVirus 9.0

prathapml

Well, I guess so cause mine looks like v2.0 not 2.5

the link is as followed

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/francais/li...e/lu_2.0_fr.zip

But the renaming method worked perfect with v2.0

EVERY FRENCH USER SHOULD BROWSE THROUGH ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/francais/ to find their files and BE CAREFUL to download the Symantec Antivirus CE v9.0.0.1400 FR (WITHOUT b, 9.0.0.1400 FRb)

The version with a "b" at the end is no beta but is for licensed versions, the one without a "b" is the one you need here. (mazin did you corrected the link I sent you yesterday?)

And for anyone new to this post, the guide you need to follow is hidden somewhere in those 15 pages, say Hocus Pocus and it should appear ;) Don't forget to edit the code to fit the french names of the files you downloaded!

The worst part is that I often get the feeling i'm doing all this for nothing. Installing NAV pro 2004 worked fine, but I wanted the auto liveupdate feature I heard we could use with packager. Now I installed corporate 9 and I still have to manually live update. I wish the mythic packager will solve all my questions but for now I have to wait :) At least I am learning new stuff during that time, and I still saved 30mb installing corporate edition instead of pro. The only difference I noticed yet are the graphics are not the same and the Recycle Bin is not protected.

Anyone ever tried the packager from 8.1 and lived to tell the tale?

EDITED 4 hours later: I guess not... :whistle:

Nope it says that the version I have is already up to date!

If you ran LiveUpdate with 2.0, it would say it's up to date. Heck, when 2.0 was the current version, I had to manually update all my PCs from 1.8 because it said they were up to date.

Anyone knows how to update the scan engine? I have 9.0.1.1000 on two computers and on one the scan engine is 1.2.0.13 and on the other one it is 1.1.0.13. One of the computers with the newer scan engine had SAVCE 9.0.0.1400 before, but I uninstalled it and installed 9.0.1.1000 instead.

----UPDATE----

It worked when running liveupdate and then unloading the service and reloading the service again. The scan engine version displayed is the currently loaded.

----END UPDATE----

By the way, according to Symantecs guide to slipstream the update patches you can not have SAVCE installed on the machine where you are patching it with setup /a.

Anyone knows how to update the scan engine? I have 9.0.1.1000 on two computers and on one the scan engine is 1.2.0.13 and on the other one it is 1.1.0.13. One of the computers with the newer scan engine had SAVCE 9.0.0.1400 before, but I uninstalled it and installed 9.0.1.1000 instead.

By the way, according to Symantecs guide to slipstream the update patches you can not have SAVCE installed on the machine where you are patching it with setup /a.

That makes sense (regarding creating the AIP on a system without SAV installed).

I think the newer scan engine comes with the 9.0.0.1400 patch, as the one computer I've got SAV9 installed on is also using 1.2.0.13.

Forgot to include the virusdefs update in my AIP before I packed it together so the first liveupdate updated it, but the version of the scan engine does not change until you reload the service. I will try to copy in the new lusetup.exe -> lsetup.exe too to get everything updated at once. Else I have this installed ok so far:

REG ADD %KEY%\090 /VE /D "Symantec AV Corp Ed 9" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\090 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\SAV\SAVCE901mp1.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\090 /V 2 /D "\"%systemdrive%\Install\SAV\Symantec AntiVirus.msi\" /qb RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\090 /V 3 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\SAV\lusetup.exe /s /a /q" /f

Here is the WinRAR SFX setting to unrar it silently if you need it. Just select all files -> Right click -> Add to archive -> Check SFX -> Change comment to my comment below and choose Best compression to save some bytes

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%SystemDrive%\Install\SAV\
SavePath
Silent=2
Overwrite=1

I had some problem with the %SystemDrive% at first, but this works.

Only one thing left for me to fix...

Anyone knows how to change the udpates from every week to every day instead? Can it be made as a switch or do I have to add some reg-tweaks after the install?

Anyone knows how to change the udpates from every week to every day instead? Can it be made as a switch or do I have to add some reg-tweaks after the install?

jbourgui posted some tweaks for it, here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=180255

I think the newer scan engine comes with the 9.0.0.1400 patch, as the one computer I've got SAV9 installed on is also using 1.2.0.13.

Same for me.

Just so you guys know, if you're willing to do some MSI hacking, you can actually remove all of the other files in the LuMMInst directory. Just make a note of the file names so you can remove their references using Orca or WinINSTALL LE.

I've also been able to repack lsetup.exe to extract silently, as it's nothing but a WinRAR SFX archive. Unfortunately, I've also tried editing Settings.Default.LiveUpdate to have Express mode enabled by default, but that setting for some reason didn't appear to stick.

I've tested all of this out and it works beautifully. With the 9/11/04 virus defs, my whole SAV install package is 11.7MB 7-zip compressed.