nLite - Windows reduction tool

nuhi

Well therin lies my problem. When I click on next after the custom files tab it brings me back to the start tab. There is no instruction to click start nor does the tab change to make iso. Almost like a tab is missing or something with 2135 is causing it not to show. This is what I get when I click next after the custom files tab:

Controls enabled

Calculating size...done

H:\NEW STUFF\EXTRACTED SP1 CORP\XRMPFVOL_EN (940MB)

Windows XP SP2 build 2135 detected

Press Next to select components for removal and adjust the settings

Oh well...

My 9.3 gives this:

Controls enabled

Calculating size...done

D:\XP (617MB)

Windows XP SP2 build 2096 detected

Press Next to select components for removal and adjust the settings

Click Start to begin reduction

Just keep clicking next, nothing to it... :)

Well, maybe if somebody was running something beyond rc1 it would help to see what they get. I obviously don't get what everybody else does. Will somebody with 2126 or 2135 try this? There were vast changes in SP2 at the 2126 build and beyond.

Thanks

If it's a bug that's fine. I can wait. There are certaintly plenty of them in 2135 which is why RC2 has been delayed again. I was just trying to detrmine if it was something I was doing. Apparenly it is not.

Q before I do my first nlite real install:

What does the SFC file protection do? What is the benefit of disabling it when creating my nlite .iso? Is this similar to Window File Protection?

thanks all..looking forward to doing this today! :)

i reduced my windows xp prof. with sp2 and get the following network error in windows if i type ipconfig in the cmd: rpc server could't startet (that's a translation from german...)

could not connect to the internet or the network... the network protocols and the network adapter is correctly installed...

Q before I do my first nlite real install:

What does the SFC file protection do? What is the benefit of disabling it when creating my nlite .iso? Is this similar to Window File Protection?

thanks all..looking forward to doing this today! :)

uhh.....

SFC_OS.DLL IS Windows File Protection. It is the actual program that detects the changes. It's just a hacked file to look for a different key so that WFP can be disabled via a registry key.

@Jazz

I have three updates that show up on my test system.

826939 (Rollup)

I know what causes the Rollup. It's removing Automatic Updates, though maybe not the only one.

I'm not sure of the others.

@ Alanoll

i reduced my windows xp prof. with sp2 and get the following network error in windows if i type ipconfig in the cmd: rpc server could't startet (that's a translation from german...)

could not connect to the internet or the network... the network protocols and the network adapter is correctly installed...