nLite - Windows reduction tool

nuhi

Ok guys, I'm not usually dumb about these things and I have read the recently posted thread regarding how to make the iso with reduction. However, no matter how many times I try and how carefully I follow what has been said I do not see any option to make the reduction prior to making the ISO. In the custom file list tab I see two things, files to delete and files not to delete. That's it. I don't see an option to reduce, noe a right click option nor a drop down menu or any addition tabs. When I return back to the options tab I still only have the option to make the iso without reduction.

Please help!

@Hanschke...that's not booting, that's manual install. Don't select manual install support and be shure to check winnt.sif for msdosinitiated=0 entry before testing (after reduction)

@Twilight, i'll be cruel and clear

Browse

Next

(Select what to remove)

Next

(Setup your options)

Next

(Setup custom files (if any))

Next

(Read instruction...says Click on Start to begin reduction)

Start

Wait...

(Start becomes Make ISO)

Make ISO

@Hanschke, boot works on standard xp installations, who knows what happened to yours

About winnf.sif problem...it's kinda tricky when you use manual install...if you get some blue screen saying something about temporary files.

Start install with "winnt32 /noreboot" from i386 command line.

When it's done, before you restart go and find winnt.sif in one of those two new "weird" directories and overwrite it with the one from nLite\data\ directory.

Then reboot and temp problem is gone.

not sure if this is the appropriate place 2 post this, but since its kinda releated 2 nlite ill post here..

If i remove ALL drivers, does it remove default (standard) drivers?

example, if i were 2 use my cd 2 install xp on another pc, with different hardware, would it just use standard drivers til i install appropriate ones?

@Twilight, i'll be cruel and clear

Browse

Next

(Select what to remove)

Next

(Setup your options)

Next

(Setup custom files (if any))

Next

(Read instruction...says Click on Start to begin reduction)

Start

Wait...

(Start becomes Make ISO)

Make ISO

Hi,

I use your instructions but I dont get the option "Click on Start to begin reduction" .

Hi,

I use your instructions but I dont get the option "Click on Start to begin reduction" .

you must not be doing it right, there is a button that says START, AFTER you choose what u want reduced

Hi,

you must not be doing it right, there is a button that says START, AFTER you choose what u want reduced

No, the button still says "Next".

My Theme cuts off the last letter on some things, but it still says start

keep clicking NEXT til your at the window with the things that u wanna reduct, check what u wanna reduce, keep click next til yer at this window

post-70-1085842560_thumb.jpg

post-70-1085842560_thumb.jpg

My Theme cuts off the last letter on some things, but it still says start

keep clicking NEXT til your at the window with the things that u wanna reduct, check what u wanna reduce, keep click next til yer at this window

I download an update to framework and the start button finally shows .

Thanks for your help.

Now, I testing the options... My first ISO image have only 166 megas !

However, the setuperr.log have some errors.

edit: In install, I dont get any error. After install, in event log, there are an event, talking about setuperr.log .

setuperr.log

setuperr.log

@Hanschke

Prolly a stupid question, but you do know that your burned .iso disc will not autostart from a cdrom with Windows running, a la the official disc, right?

You have to switch your system to boot from CDrom in bios & then restart.

Again, you prolly know this, but just checking, as I have overlooked "simple" things too many time myself before! :)