What do you think about the use of AI in web search engines?

What do you think about the use of AI in web search engines?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the use of AI in web search engines?

• Using AI improves research
    • I've never tried it and I think I won't
    • I have not tried using AI yet,I think I will also use this new feature soon
    • AI is of no help to me
    • I will never use AI,I have strong prejudices about this feature

Posted (edited)

If possible please argue your choices, which may include multiple answers.
Thank you.

P.S.

Firefox is also working on AI.

https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/here-s-what-we-re-working-on-in-firefox/td-p/57694

We’re looking at how we can use local, on-device AI models -- i.e., more private -- to enhance your browsing experience further. One feature we’re starting with next quarter is AI-generated alt-text for images inserted into PDFs, which makes it more accessible to visually impaired users and people with learning disabilities. The alt text is then processed on your device and saved locally instead of cloud services, ensuring that enhancements like these are done with your privacy in mind.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

Posted (edited)

If you want to try this:

https://duckduckgo.com/?hps=1&start=1&k1=-1&kk=-1&kp=-2&kac=-1&kad=en_US&kae=-1&kaj=m&kak=-1&kao=-1&kap=-1&kaq=-1&kau=-1&kax=-1&kay=b&q=AI&ia=chat

(with the parameters I prefer,I replaced only the English language) it is without registration.

P.S.

To check the functionality you can also use Brave Search:

https://brave.com/blog/answer-with-ai/

0cxQFgv.jpeg

kskJEVF.jpeg

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

My vote is:

"Using AI improves research"

If I use Brave Search and write down what I search for formulated as a question.

The answer to the question is of lower efficiency if I use AI Chat DuckDuckGo.

I don't type in questions to any search engine that wasn't Ask Jeeves.

I tried the AI search at Newegg to show me SFF with integrated video and it still will only show mid-tower systems with video cards.

Posted (edited)

This?

sRJ9fXA.jpeg

I don't see that it has AI functionality.:dubbio:

Best wishes for Google trackers.

Of course, everyone is free to use the search engine of their choice.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

What 

6 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

I use AI Chat DuckDuckGo.

On 5/27/2024 at 11:01 AM, Sampei.Nihira said:

If you want to try this:

https://duckduckgo.com/?hps=1&start=1&k1=-1&kk=-1&kp=-2&kac=-1&kad=en_US&kae=-1&kaj=m&kak=-1&kao=-1&kap=-1&kaq=-1&kau=-1&kax=-1&kay=b&q=AI&ia=chat

(with the parameters I prefer,I replaced only the English language) it is without registration.

What about Bing AI search copilot? I'd like to try, I use Bing search anyways, I don't care if CIA, FBI or NSA guys read my searches, I don't plot against America.

You can try the free version of Copilot.
I personally don't like it and I don't think I will ever use it because I don't like the printer-style layout with cursor from the movie “War Games.”
It disturbs my eyes.

However, the answers are accurate.

I avoid it as much as possible, because it's not really useful for me. The only good AI was Deepl Translator, which did a good job of translating German-English, but it's translation accuracy has dropped lately and can't really recommend it. I also don't need search engines to answer my search query, just me give the d*mm link to a website that matches my question the closest.

I don't know about AI in search engines, but AI in general seems like one of those things that will corrupt already too corrupted mankind even further.

• 2 weeks later...

AI might be used more cautiously. I think it can improve research, however if it's is missused it woule be dangerous, especially a very strong integration with the system. But regarding search engines, I love a search engine called exa.ai. In my opinion, it's sometimes even better than google.