Why is e-mail the master key to everything?

j7n

7 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Yes, almost everyone uses the same e-mail they have in their smartphone

[..] Proton Tuta [..] free account.

That's close to the situation that I described. Proton and Tuta relatively new services. One signs up them for free to solve a need, and then forgets about them (because they are slow, the security need has passed, or they made a radical change). After some time I don't remember anymore what I used to sign up. I did use Proton once for a sensitive thing, and it was quite impossible with RoyTam'š browsers.

I'm vary of trying to upgrade a smartphone to new Android. It's not a PC where I can insert a boot CD and fix it. Even if 4 would work, that is still old. I tried to use Telegram on it, which at its core is just a text chat, and the old versions wouldn't work. Authentication would also come as some app with requirements for new OS and SSL.

7 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Have a good evening.

P.S.

I don't comment on javascript injection because I still have to eat dinner and I don't want food to get stuck in my stomach.:rolleyes:
You are right @NotHereToPlayGames here users have preconceived notions that are difficult to eradicate.............

I also wish you a good evening and I understand why you don't wish to talk about javascript before eating ... that and a lot of other things all having to do with security causes me Nausea and can ruin ones appetite.  I used to have preconceived notions but I've learned a lot just being here (since 2018) and from people such as yourself to better understand these things and make an effort to become as security conscious as possible without allowing paranoia to take hold - not always easy.

EDIT: sorry about all the mistakes today typing.

Edited by XPerceniol

17 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Email servers and communication protocols are "above my paygrade".

My mantra is that if you are ONLINE, then your privacy is compromised.  "End of story."

We each, every one of us, has to decide just where to draw the line.

On one extreme, you live in a hill, no phone service, no electricity, no running water, in a house weaved together from small tree limbs.

On the other extreme, you're on FACEBOOK or TIKTOK but cite privacy or security "concerns" on web sites like MSFN.

Perhaps I went too technical there and did not get my point trough. What I try to do is help avoid people from making bad decision for their security or privacy. There are too many shills shilling too many allegedly secure or private services on the internet and unless someone does breakdown for problems with services and claims they may think they are secure to send anything, even data you you normally would not over it when using them.

Point you think you are invulnerable is point you are more vulnerable than ever. I want everyone to take any promises of security or privacy with great grain of salt and not put all eggs to one basket.

Edited by Nokiamies

6 hours ago, Nokiamies said:

There are too many shills shilling too many allegedly secure or private services on the internet and unless someone does breakdown for problems with services and claims they may think they are secure to send anything, even data you you normally would not over it when using them.

My thoughts exactly! That user even made a dedicated topic with pushing that agenda. link

I made a simple point of information.
Always wrong conclusions..........:buehehe::buehehe:

My personal emails in a more private and secure form do not use both ProtonMail and Tutanota.
And of course I will not mention in this thread which email service I use because it does not interest the OP and above all it is info that will remain strictly personal.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

19 hours ago, j7n said:

I'm vary of trying to upgrade a smartphone to new Android. It's not a PC where I can insert a boot CD and fix it. Even if 4 would work, that is still old.

True. You fix those with an USB cable and typing strange commands in console. :P

Strange things are always encountered when deviating from official or just being on too old. I deleted Android Auto as it seems to be a dead end on an old phone. Maybe not if you're hacking wizard. Maybe I should buy an iPhone next time? :huh: Noticed on APKMirror Google's apps' version histories are absolutely insane.

I'd say both email and smartphone already form a master key these days.