Try this - without quotes! Despite what other users/user may tell you.

--disable-features=WebUsbDeviceDetection

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

A CPU can only do so much per clock cycle

My single-core laptop goes through 1.8 BILLION clock cycles a second. 

Take a few, they're small :)

2 hours ago, Dixel said:

The question is, why (if both @win32 and Alexi are trying to implement at least something similar to Ungoogled) didn't cut  it out first.

Because it matters not at all? And no, current Thorium and Supermium builds are *not* trying to be "ungoogled." For instance, vanilla Chromium doesn't have functional Google account/Sync(what can be more googled than that?), both Supermium and Thorium do. Think "Googled Chromium" :)

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

On my weak machine, these unnecessary connections do have an impact to my CPU

Saying they don't, in any perceptible way, would be a waste of breath, wouldn't it? 

On 4/30/2024 at 12:54 PM, Dixel said:

Since WebGPU ("unsafe" GPU, how the devs still call it) now works on Vista+, it'd make sense for @XPerceniol to switch it off, too.

Seems to be switched off by default. At least, in my installation for testing. :)

17 minutes ago, 66cats said:
3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

On my weak machine, these unnecessary connections do have an impact to my CPU

Saying they don't, in any perceptible way, would be a waste of breath, wouldn't it? 

Right! And the reason is crystal clear. On my machine, they definitely do. :yes: Otherwise, I wouldn't write something like that. :P Besides that, I don't like connections that have not been authorised by me. :thumbdown

9 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I do not have GitHub account for discussing on GitHub.

give it a chance -_-

11 hours ago, Dixel said:

Thorium surely does add tracking parameters to your search. &newwindow=1&sca_upv=1&hl=en#ip=1

What's this "ip=1", especially interesting. Looks very much like a command to record/collect your IP adddress.

I see `ip=1` here in Firefox as well (it appears after clicking on "more results".

11 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

I see `ip=1` here in Firefox as well (it appears after clicking on "more results".

But Firefox and all the forks (to this date) are one of the most notorious trackers, and they are nowhere near Ungoogled. So it just confirms my worries.

Oh, just found this! It's indeed Google tracking. Someone even asked ChatGPT.

"The sca_esv parameter is a piece of data in the URL that's likely internal to Google's system for tracking, sorting, or customizing search results. URL parameters like these are often used for various purposes including analytics, session identification, and to tweak the behaviour of the search. "

"Asking ChatGPT to brainstorm what sca and esv could stand for in the context of a Google search:"

https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/172215/google-videos-search-sca-esv-query-parameter-possible-tracking

On 5/1/2024 at 8:03 AM, 66cats said:

No need to add any firewall rules, it's not a routable address.

QUIC via UDP works as a direct connection, including bypassing VPN. Those IPs Chrome pings at the start is only what you see, and only the tip of the iceberg. Most firewalls (to this date) don't know how to deal with QUIC's UDP connections, QUIC was meant and developed to pass through firewalls unnoticed. There is a topic regarding those sneaky connections.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/186094-google-quic-is-vulnerable-to-cyber-criminal-activity-creates-a-‘black-hole’-that-hackers-can-exploit/

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

But Firefox and all the forks (to this date) are one of the most notorious trackers, and they are nowhere near Ungoogled. 

Librewolf appears to be a little better in that regard but I could not care less so long as they have no access to my bank $$$

Some people suffer from a notorious paranoia with google and other trackers LOL.

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

google-quic-is-vulnerable-to-cyber-criminal-activity-creates-a-‘black-hole’-that-hackers-can-exploit/

Let me understand this correctly -- you're concerned about security implications of a protocol currently used by the majority of the world,  this in the context of Windows XP (an OS that hasn't received security updates for roughly a decade)? 

3 hours ago, 66cats said:

Let me understand this correctly -- you're concerned about security implications of a protocol currently used by the majority of the world,  this in the context of Windows XP (an OS that hasn't received security updates for roughly a decade)? 

Neither this browser, nor this topic are only limited to XP, I don't use XP (most of the time). Where do you get the stats about the "whole" world? Link to a reputable source, please.

3 hours ago, Milkinis said:

Some people suffer from a notorious paranoia with google and other trackers LOL.

You mean ChatGPT suffers a notorious paranoia?

Posted (edited)

Hi to all,

why use Google Search and then worry about URL tracking parameters?:rolleyes:

However, there are several filter lists in UBO that have the ability to block these tracking parameters.
I use 3 specific filter lists.
(Consider that my browser have native tracker blocking capabilities).

The use of Secure DNS (such as AdGuard DNS and Next DNS) especially in browsers that do not have native tracker blocking capabilities (Supermium,Thorium,Chrome.....) is a consideravole surplus.
I use Next DNS.

Those who use Thorium or Supermium (and care about trackers) should use many more filter lists in their UBO (moreover, almost certainly in Easy Mode) than I do (who use UBO in Hard Mode).

My best regards.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira