1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Rebasing .dll's will NOT prevent that "first launch" startup delay.

I have ALWAYS had this delay!  ALWAYS.  Even in 360Chrome on XP.  Even in Ungoogled Chromium on Win10.

Actually I don't have much of a delay at all in 360 Redux on first launch on my systems. I use  --no-first-run

Edited by XPerceniol

13 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I use  --no-first-run

That was recommended by others also.  It has ZERO effect on my system.  No clue whether it "should" or not, just know that it has ZERO effect, no decrease in startup time, but no increase either.

10 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Thank you, that has fixed it completely!
:worship:

Sorry @NotHereToPlayGames, I think I was a bit premature saying that the Digital Spy site fonts were all fixed.
Although it's all now OK on the main pages, if I go to a forum thread, the header is still the wrong font.

Clipboard-3.thumb.jpg.e2aba0a7ff27bc950dff127bd61d09a2.jpg

I've tried a few experimental changes to the Stylus script, but nothing seems to make any difference.
Not a big deal, it's still much better than it was before, but just thought I'd mention it in case there is an easy fix.
I'm afraid I don't know very much about this sort of problem.
:no:

Just want to make certain..

The latest version for XP is:

Thorium_122.0.6261.168

?

I've been going through the flags one-by-one and seeing slight improvements but only just a little and I'm on aged (dated) faulty hardware now so better with hardware accelrabiton disabled in all ways and allow software to pick up what is can to just get by. 

--no-first-run --disable-file-system --disable-gpu --disable-logging --disable-webg --disable-component-update --disable-background-networking --ssl-version-min=tls1.2 --enable-strict-mixed-content-checking --no-pings

Seems as good as its gonna get. I know one day (that day has not come for me yet) that 360 Redux will no longer be usable and if this computer is still running I'll be using Thorium.

Take good care everyone.

Edited by XPerceniol

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

Sorry @NotHereToPlayGames, I think I was a bit premature saying that the Digital Spy site fonts were all fixed.
Although it's all now OK on the main pages, if I go to a forum thread, the header is still the wrong font.

You'll need a Proxomitron fix or a Tampermonkey fix instead of using Stylus.

For Tampermonkey, this works - https://github.com/RedwolfPrograms/userscripts/raw/main/custom-fonts.user.js

6 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I think I was a bit premature saying that the Digital Spy site fonts were all fixed.

Without the need to install yet another extension, changing the font can be done with uBlock Origin as well. 🙂

I like the Noto Sans font (hinted).

Apply this rule in uBO to apply to all elements in the page:

forums.digitalspy.com##*:style(font-family: "Noto Sans" !important; src: local(Noto Sans) !important;)

spacer.png

Another example.

Have Google search results display in bold:

google.com##H3:style(font-weight:bold !important;)

spacer.png

Edited by nicolaasjan

Stylus with the below works, but it seems odd that a "specific" instead of a "global" is required -

body, body *, body h1, body h2, body h3, body h4, body h5, body h6, .MessageList .PageTitle>h1 {font-family: unset !important;}

32 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

Without the need to install yet another extension

As far as that goes, Tampermonkey could also blanket-replace any-and-all libre franklin font-family as it seems this is what is disliked at Digital Spy.

Rebasing will help a lot with memory usage if you currently see chrome.dll in orange when you open thorium.exe in Process Hacker->Modules tab.

Slightly off-topic, anyone else finds it bizarre there's newer Chromium for WinXP than for Android 7 (released in 2016) and older?

11 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

--no-first-run --disable-file-system --disable-gpu --disable-logging --disable-webg --disable-component-update --disable-background-networking --ssl-version-min=tls1.2 --enable-strict-mixed-content-checking --no-pings

I found an error, you missed 1 letter in --disable-webgl

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

That was recommended by others also.  It has ZERO effect on my system.  No clue whether it "should" or not, just know that it has ZERO effect, no decrease in startup time, but no increase either.

Probably you already have your profile in the default location? If you launched your browser without that flag even once,

15 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Official Ungoogled Chromium will still have that settings page but the sync, sign-in, and URL telemetry options are removed completely.

Official Ungoogled still offers -
  1)  "Improve search suggestions" (this is technically only a "Google" thing if your default search engine is Google and you "want" the so-called search "suggestions")
  2)  profile name, color, and avatar
  3)  import bookmarks and settings

I know some still keep saying those two aren't clones, but win32 already explained, all in details, to stop rumours and guesses about the "Ungoogled".

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/494#issuecomment-2067095394

"I am presently working on the --ungoogled-supermium switch, and an installer option to ensure that the browser is only run in this state if necessary.

The --ungoogled-supermium switch is mostly based on ungoogled-chromium core patches, but with a few extras from me. At this time I verified that it does not open any connections (specifically, to regional Google CDNs) when launching the browser. However I have just noticed that the Chrome Web Store and YouTube are effectively rendered useless with my latest commit. I will probably retain this behaviour, but put in an opt-out for those who want to continue using those services."

22 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Sweet!  I hadn't even noticed that Thorium may be our first post-360Chrome-v86 for XP that is UNGOOGLED.  Will definitely try it out this evening or so.

Despite what the "Collaborator" wrote:

"Many flags have been added from Ungoogled Chromium, with more planned in the future."

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/discussions/402#discussioncomment-8848901

People write there are "connections to google's servers"

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/discussions/402#discussion-6398329

Do you see the same in Thorium?

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Stylus with the below works, but it seems odd that a "specific" instead of a "global" is required -

body, body *, body h1, body h2, body h3, body h4, body h5, body h6, .MessageList .PageTitle>h1 {font-family: unset !important;}

That seems to have worked.
:thumbup
I tried the script (in OrangeMonkey, which I already have installed for other scripts) but it didn't seem to do anything.
:dubbio:
Thanks @nicolaasjan for your suggestion too.
:yes:
Let's hope that's finally it!
:D