9 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Right! "No official Pale-Moon changes picked since my last build", but "Official UXP changes picked since my last build". :yes:

I meant why post NM28XP build 20240406 if there are no changes in it?

1 hour ago, kiza124 said:

I meant why post NM28XP build 20240406 if there are no changes in it?

Apparently, you have not understood my quotes and the conclusion to be drawn from them. Your statement does not correspond to the facts. With the release of NM28XP build 20240406, there were indeed changes, however,  all coming from the the UXP platform. smilie_denk_24.gif

Are you saying that the NM28XP (Palemoon 28) has something to do with UXP? NM28XP (Palemoon 28) made using UXP? I thought UXP was related to Serpent, not NM28XP (Palemoon 28).

3 minutes ago, kiza124 said:

Are you saying that the NM28XP (Palemoon 28) has something to do with UXP? NM28XP (Palemoon 28) made using UXP?

Yes. All about @roytam1's browser editions can be read here in this thread. And we had recently discussions about their diferences. Simply perform a search in this thread! In any case, New Moon 28 and Serpent 52 are UXP browsers. :yes:

The Yandex website https://ya.ru (search engine) when using NM28XP (Palemoon 28) constantly writes “Please confirm that you and not a robot are sending requests” and forces you to go through verification.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, kiza124 said:

The Yandex website https://ya.ru (search engine) when using NM28XP (Palemoon 28) constantly writes “Please confirm that you and not a robot are sending requests” and forces you to go through verification.

upstream has a thread about this: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30950

BTW there is no need to PM me, just post it here.

Edited by roytam1

16 minutes ago, kiza124 said:

Personally, I do not use any Yandex websites or services due to well-known reasons.

When I try to save a album artwork from Rate Your Music, I get a text file saying;

"Your export could not be completed because your browser is blocking scripts from Google (reCaptcha). Make sure to either whitelist Google scripts to run on our site or disable the related browser extensions that are blocking it."

For example, here. (Any artwork is the same.) https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kylie-minogue/kylie-7.p/buy/

1. Click view cover art.

2. Solve the captcha.

3. Artwork is loaded.

4. Right-click to Save Image As.

5. Get the error "coverart_2.jpeg".

They seem to have some kind of "hook" that runs on saving and does the switch. It is stupid because the image is loaded to the computer already, but cannot be saved. Such hooks should not be allowed, and image saving should be made more resilient. I've seen something simular on other sites, where the status bar gets busy when I do a save. And the image is reported as being 0 px.

I hate things like that. Whose side is the browser on, anyway? If it can download an image for display, it should be able to download the same image to disk.

Win 7+ (maybe Vista too; IDK) have a "snipping tool" you can use to save images, but I don't know if there's an XP app that does something similar.

11 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

Win 7+ (maybe Vista too; IDK) have a "snipping tool" you can use to save images, but I don't know if there's an XP app that does something similar.

Windows Vista is the initial OS to have Snipping Tool, and what it does is just capture a region (or a window, or full screen) to an image file. Of course, it lets you annotate on it before saving it to disk.

For XP, there exists many programs for that same purpose. Good examples are IrfanView (version 4.67 at the time of this writing) and ShareX, version 12.0.0.

Edited by mina7601

The forum is not letting me make a post.  It is not clear why it is not working.  Maybe this simpler post works and I can edit.  EDIT: It did not work.

Edited by Ascii2

I can't make a print screen of an image that is bigger than the monitor, excluding toolbar space. Those are the ones I'd be most interested in saving. And there would be loss of quality from repeated encoding.

I remember when website authors intoroduced the trick where the image wasn't its own element, but a background color defined in Style tags. Nothing could download it without digging through the cache. Eventually Firefox added support for it. But they have new tricks up their sleeve.

If I click on Tools -> Page Info -> Media, I can download the image from there. It has a HTML extension. On other webpages with a large number of linked resources this is inconvenient.

20 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Personally, I do not use any Yandex websites or services due to well-known reasons.

For what exact reasons do you not use their service?

2 hours ago, kiza124 said:

For what exact reasons do you not use their service?

Be aware that MSFN has an Inner Circle Gang that has somewhat of a "vendetta" against anything Russian (Yandex is Russian).

I suggest everyone to do their own DD (Due Dilegence) and decide for themselves if Yandex is "right for them" or not.  Run it in a VM, test for yourself.

Personally, I have no use for Yandex.  But I have never needed to so much as even try it, or Brave, or Vivaldi, or Opera (beyond Legacy v12), et cetera.