Chromium 115 for Windows XP without One Core Api

Iron_Wind0ws

11 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

Sometimes you may see 2-3 chrome.exe processes in Task Manager, but the browser won't start. Then you should terminate the processes and try to start again. Sometimes you need to do this 3-4 times until the window finally appears.

Hi, I have followed your instructions and tried closing and opening the browser several times, but it still does not work.

I have performed the following steps:

*I have opened the Task Manager and terminated all Chrome.exe processes.
*I tried to start the browser, but it still does not open correctly, as shown in the screenshots.

I have also tried downloading "XPChrome V1.0.7z" again and adding it to the path C:\ and nothing :(

And I do not think I have problems with windows, I have installed three browsers, 360Chrome, Basilisk and Mypal68. I do not think it is hardware problems right? because I have 1gb of ram xd.

15 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I forgot to say, don't let my suggestion about using Supermium affect your choice. If you still want to use Chromium 115 even after Supermium supports XP, it's your choice!

Well, ok, thanks for that suggestion, anyway I plan to keep using 360Chrome until it really stops working on many sites.

23 hours ago, Iron_Wind0ws said:

Well, ok, thanks for that suggestion, anyway I plan to keep using 360Chrome until it really stops working on many sites.

Yes, its a great suggestion @mina7601 has given us but given my low hardware capabilities I'd likely struggle to run these up to date browsers anyway (but I'll still test them and try), so, I also plan to continue to use ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 Redux and Mypal 68 until they really stop working on the many sites I also use.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol

On 12/14/2023 at 8:34 PM, mina7601 said:

The thing is: Chromium 115 has a timebomb of 1 year, something that the other Chromium browsers generally don't have, not even the original Google Chrome itself has it!

This is because the original developer of that version of chrome goes by the name of "Weolar" who is selling official support to companies around the world.

Official private builds don't have restrictions like a timebomb.

I don't know whether the build got released publicly or if it was leaked by someone, but assuming the first case, I think (but this is speculation) that making one build freely available to the public helps attracting commercial support, but again I'm just speculating here.

All I can say is that I've been one of the very lucky people using the official private builds for quite some time (M76, M92, M108) and I reported several bugs which, eventually, got fixed, although I found some regressions in M108 which is the last one I've got (that's right, I haven't received M115 yet).

One of the regressions is that if you have the "Save as" to ask you where to save the file that you download instead of saving them automatically to the download folder, it "forgets" the filename, so that it opens the prompt but there's no file name there. That bug was introduced in M92 and it got fixed in later releases but somehow got reintroduced in M108. About M108, it got several releases as the first ones led to a memory leak but that got addressed in later versions of that release (the last being from June 2023 this year).

Another issue has to do with the timing and the handling of sampling in the input devices like the microphone that leads to unpleasant artifacts, crackling noises etc. This has been reported by other people (and not just me), however it never got addressed, unfortunately. :( It affects all version from M76 to M108.

One thing you may wanna do is change the user agent, though, 'cause by default it spoofs XP as Windows 10 to the various websites.

This is how I created the shortcut on my desktop, though:

C:\Programmi\Chrome\chrome.exe --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.5359.125 Safari/537.36"

Edited by FranceBB

4 hours ago, FranceBB said:
C:\Programmi\Chrome\chrome.exe --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.5359.125 Safari/537.36"

This makes you unique (not in a good sense).

On 12/15/2023 at 12:39 AM, George King said:

It can be easily de-timebomded. In issues on GitHub is HEX patch to get rid of TimeBomb :)

Even if that's the case, that still won't change my decision. I will still wait Supermium to support XP in 2024. :P

11 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Even if that's the case, that still won't change my decision. I will still wait Supermium to support XP in 2024. :P

I'm not sure if we speak in same language.  As your reaction have zero context to my post.

image.thumb.png.7879fa698276c11cfb84047f706e3a9b.png

image.thumb.png.b8c58c9e6079f964466a49740c3309b0.png

Edited by George King

On 12/16/2023 at 6:31 PM, D.Draker said:

This makes you unique (not in a good sense).

No it doesn't as anyone can request commercial support to Weolar afaik: weolar@miniblink.net

I'm not sure whether a private user can buy the commercial support and the versions he provides the companies with or not, but it's definitely worth trying and after all I wouldn't see why he wouldn't.

For those looking for his GitHub account, it's here: https://github.com/weolar

Edited by FranceBB

On 12/16/2023 at 6:14 PM, FranceBB said:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.5359.125 Safari/537.36

This is a unique UA. For quite some time, Chrome defaults to a WIn10 UA only.

On 12/17/2023 at 11:22 PM, D.Draker said:

This is a unique UA. For quite some time, Chrome defaults to a WIn10 UA only.

I personally don't use the W10 user agent string otherwise the website makers will inject more anti-XP code.

anyway I don't think I miss anything out because when a website is broken it won't work with eirther UA's

screenshot-29.png

14 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

is it me or some posts seem to have gone away during the breakdown... :thumbdown

No its not just you - a lot of postings have gone away. I posted 11 postings the morning before the breakdown and they are gone. Plus, the forum is acting just a bit funny for me, or is it just me?

Edited by XPerceniol