Chromium 115 for Windows XP without One Core Api

Iron_Wind0ws

• 1 month later...

On 12/14/2023 at 4:34 PM, mina7601 said:

@Iron_Wind0ws Actually, there's a different browser that you will soon be able to use in your Windows XP than this Chromium 115 browser, and it's much better, IMO: Supermium, by @win32https://github.com/win32ss/supermium

It supports Windows Vista, but it doesn't support Windows XP yet. However, it will support XP in 2024. (see: https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/96)

The thing is: Chromium 115 has a timebomb of 1 year, something that the other Chromium browsers generally don't have, not even the original Google Chrome itself has it!

Hi everyone around here, I tried to test the new version of @win32, it says it is already compatible with Windows XP, but it closes immediately, why is this happening to me?

These are the minimum requirements

To use Supermium browser, you'll need:
* Windows XP SP3 or later or Windows Server 2003 SP2 or later

* 768 Mb of ram

* An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that's SSE2 capable. Hyper-threading or dual-core recommended.

But I have 1gb of ram and a 1-core processor, Intel Celeron 346 3.06GHz

Version 121.0.6167.81

https://www.win32subsystem.live/supermium.html
https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/releases/tag/v121

01.png

02.png

I did not confuse.

In that same issue, some people, despite the issue's title, wrote about it not working on Windows XP 32-bit there too.

Edited by mina7601

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:

I did not confuse.

In that same issue, some people, despite the issue's title, wrote about it not working on Windows XP 32-bit there too.

Topic's title is always for a reason, it's always advisable to follow it, thus preventing further confusion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 12:08 PM, mina7601 said:

I did not confuse.

Supermium 121.0.6167.81 is functioning for me on XP 32.  I just tested it with Youtube...  I'll run it throughout the day (and ditch arcticfox's build if it works properly).

2 hours ago, mockingbird said:

Supermium 121.0.6167.81 is functioning for me on XP 32.  I just tested it with Youtube...  I'll run it throughout the day (and ditch arcticfox's build if it works properly).

For me, it doesn't even run, only crashes with no error message, and generates a crash dump. But, I already know why it crashes: because it requires 2 CPU cores, and I only have 1 CPU core. The next release of Supermium will fix that.

Edited by mina7601

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

For me, it doesn't even run, only crashes with no error message, and generates a crash dump. But, I already know why it crashes: because it requires 2 CPU cores, and I only have 1 CPU core.

Well, I tested it...  Performance is great, IE10 Chalkboard flies at 10 seconds total for the test.........  but there's a memory leak.  A few hours running and Windows is complaining about the virtual memory being too low.

Oh well.

22 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Well, I tested it...  Performance is great, IE10 Chalkboard flies at 10 seconds total for the test.........  but there's a memory leak.  A few hours running and Windows is complaining about the virtual memory being too low.

Oh well.

Have you tried the rebased DLLs mentioned here?

And BTW, we should move our discussion to that linked topic, since this topic is about Chrome 115 for XP, and we are talking about Supermium, which is OT for this topic...

Edited by mina7601

On 2/13/2024 at 4:07 PM, mina7601 said:

For me, it doesn't even run, only crashes with no error message, and generates a crash dump. But, I already know why it crashes: because it requires 2 CPU cores, and I only have 1 CPU core. The next release of Supermium will fix that.

<OT>

Ok I look forward to the next release then and perhaps I'll have better luck and others as well and we'll see improvement.

Thank you, bud.

<OT>