Latest-ish MPC-HC ported for XP

tirigliu

23 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

No! You have to convert the local 1080p mp4 file before playing.

Yes, I feared that would be the answer.

OT:
Is it possible to play a local 1080p .mp4 file at 720p in VLC media player?

17 hours ago, IXOYE said:

MPC-HC 2.1.2.18 on xp2 works very well

Hi IXOYE, welcome back.
With MPC-HC 2.1.2.18 on XP SP2 I get BSOD with c000021a Error.
Did you add some additional file to make MPC-HC 2.1.2.18 work on XP SP2?

13 hours ago, dmiranda said:

MPC-HC is self sufficient enough (whatever that means).

While I have no troubles helping a non-English member, it's still advisable you finally switch to another software for the forum translations from English into your native dialect. It's just easier, rather than asking every time you don't understand.

self-sufficient /sĕlf″sə-fĭsh′ənt/

adjective

Able to provide for oneself without the help of others; independent.

Having undue confidence; smug.

Sufficient for one's self without external aid or coöperation.

https://www.wordnik.com/words/self-sufficient

MPC HC is self-sufficient. It's capable of effecting all its own ends without the aid of others (in this case - third party codecs).

Hi

2 hours ago, we3fan said:

Hi IXOYE, welcome back.
With MPC-HC 2.1.2.18 on XP SP2 I get BSOD with c000021a Error.
Did you add some additional file to make MPC-HC 2.1.2.18 work on XP SP2?

for windows xp sp2 I have no BSOD problems with mpc-hc.

dxva1.jpg

For xp, lav 78 does not optimize hardware acceleration because it only manages dxva2 (D3d11). Mpc-hc for xp needs dxva1 for hardware support. The solution is to find an external dxva1 filter so that the GPU of my old ATI card works fully in hardware support, which results in leaving the CPU free when viewing.

dxva.jpg

for the youtube mp4 1080 stream and other videos I use the external dxva filter installed by the "jetaudio" software on mpc-hc 2.1.2.18 by adjusting the expert parameters "YDLMaxHeight" 1080 and "YDLVideoFormat" 1

:rolleyes:

Edited by IXOYE
link

MPC-HC takes some time to initialize a video steam from YouTube. Seeking is also unresponsive. Sometimes the sound plays but the video does not. If you download a video to disk, then you can use an old version of MPC-HC to watch it. I don't save much time by watching directly.

8 hours ago, we3fan said:

Is it possible to play a local 1080p .mp4 file at 720p in VLC media player?

No. The file will be played according to the codec it contains. It has to be converted first to play at another resolution.

Edited by AstroSkipper

Hi

14 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Which one did you install from there? jetVideo 8.1.10 Basic? :dubbio:

It's been a very long time, more than 15 years since I installed "jet audio" basic then upgraded VX... and I installed regular updates up to 8.1.10.22000.

For me it is one of the best audio-video players that still works on XP2.

external filter on mpc-hc 2.1.2.18

spacer.png

the result in video mpc-hc 2.1.2.18 ...1920x800 H264

mpc-hc-test.jpg%22

Edited by IXOYE

1 hour ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

It's been a very long time, more than 15 years since I installed "jet audio" basic then upgraded VX... and I installed regular updates up to 8.1.10.22000.

For me it is one of the best audio-video players that still works on XP2.

external filter on mpc-hc 2.1.2.18

spacer.png

the result in video mpc-hc 2.1.2.18 ...1920x800 H264

mpc-hc-test.jpg%22

Thanks for replying! So you installed jetAudio 8.1.10 Basic and not jetVideo 8.1.10 Basic:dubbio: When reading the description on their homepage, the jetAudio 8.1.10 Basic package mainly contains audio codecs. I would like to test it but I don't want to install the wrong package. So please, be so kind to provide the exact name of the package for installing the jetAudio Video decoder. Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Hi

35 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thanks for replying! So you installed jetAudio 8.1.10 Basic and not jetVideo 8.1.10 Basic:dubbio: When reading the description on their homepage, the jetAudio 8.1.10 Basic package mainly contains audio codecs. I would like to test it but I don't want to install the wrong package. So please, be so kind to provide the exact name of the package for installing the jetAudio Video decoder. Thanks in advance! :)

"Jet audio 8.1.10 basic" has the integrated jet video module in its program which means that you can play the videos in jet audio...so no need to install jet video which doesn't add anything extra by an additional video converter .:rolleyes:

22 hours ago, IXOYE said:

for windows xp sp2 I have no BSOD problems with mpc-hc.

Thanks.

How much RAM Memory you have?

You have 2 RAM sticks? Are they same brand and same size?

How much Virtual memory paging file you use?

17 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

No. The file will be played according to the codec it contains. It has to be converted first to play at another resolution.

OT:

I hoped there would be a way to do this with VLC, high-res video file plays laggy on old PC - so by playing it at lower resolution it will play smoothly.

But I guess the only way to do this is to convert the file.

On 1/11/2024 at 2:52 PM, D.Draker said:

While I have no troubles helping a non-English member, it's still advisable you finally switch to another software for the forum translations from English into your native dialect. It's just easier, rather than asking every time you don't understand.

You are good at reading dictionaries, but slow at using them properly. Your knowledge of mpc-hc lacks as much as your knowledge of security. MPC-HC was closed down in 2017. During the last 3-4 years, a number of mods have been developed, all targetting W7 (most V8) and up. Some even tried to make them work in XP and Vista. To make them backward compatible though, a few developers have made the necessary changes, including the one presented in this thread (not by you, btw). Self-sufficiency has nothing to do with it, but, maybe, coding expertise and proficiency. Go check the Collins.