ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

21 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

by the digital fire

Me thinks 720p shall do just fine.
No real fire has a crisp and clear distinction between adjacent shades of orange, yellow, red, or blue.
And flames aren't as fast-paced as some action flick on the Big Screen.

"This fireplace doesn't look real, I've never seen black backgrounds at the campsight show my reflection like this shiny TV and its crisp color ratio."  :roll1:

Hmm, maybe that's it, I want my world to look "real" and not like a cartoon.  waka waka waka

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

12 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Me thinks 720p shall do just fine.
No real fire has a crisp and clear distinction between adjacent shades of orange, yellow, red, or blue.
And flames aren't as fast-paced as some action flick on the Big Screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcHqTW4IjnM&pp=ygUgY291c2luIHZ5bm55IEkgZG9udCBzZWUgbm8gc3RhcnM%3D

Edited by dmiranda

38 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

// ==UserScript==
// @name -- Replace Font
// @version 0.1
// @exclude https://www.google.com/*
// @exclude https://www.bing.com/*
// ==/UserScript==

var elementList = document.getElementsByTagName('*');
    for (var i = elementList.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
        var elementItem = elementList;
        var style = getComputedStyle(elementItem, '');
            elementItem.style.fontFamily = style.fontFamily.replace(/Tahoma/i, 'Arial');
            elementItem.style.fontFamily = style.fontFamily.replace(/Roboto/i, 'Arial');

I have it as follows:

// ==UserScript==
// @name Replace Font
// @description Replace Font
// @version 0.1
// @include *
// ==/UserScript==

var elementList = document.getElementsByTagName('*');
    for (var i = elementList.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
        var elementItem = elementList;
        var style = getComputedStyle(elementItem, '');
            elementItem.style.fontFamily = style.fontFamily.replace(/Tahoma/i, 'Arial');
            elementItem.style.fontFamily = style.fontFamily.replace(/Delivery/i, 'Arial');

}

but the font "Delivery" is not replaced on the following page:
https://www.dhl.com/global-en/home.html

8 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It is here.  But that page takes a very VERY long time to load.  The userscript doesn't actually replace the font until AFTER it fully loads.

Is it not changed during loading?
If I set font-family to arial with ublock, arial is displayed.

But here all fonts are changed and not just a specific one.

11 hours ago, Dave-H said:

This is a good example of a 4K HDR demo.
There are loads of them around, and they all look stunning.
It really struggles on my system, as I would expect, but if I wanted to see it in all its full glory, I would use the YouTube app on my 4K smart TV to watch it anyway!
:yes:

Does quality 1440p struggle on your system as well? I suppose it should be fine on your system as well, as quality 1440p is 2K, while quality 2160p is 4K.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6375112

Just to clarify a few things about the terminology we're using, the "K" number refers to the (approx.) number of pixels across, while the "p" number refers to the number of pixels vertically.

2160p (aka UHD) is 3840x2160. We call it 4K but it's actually more like 3.75K.

There are a few true 4K displays in existence, but most "4K" displays are actually 3840x2160.

1440p (aka QHD) is 2560x1440, so more like 2.5K than 2K....

1080p (aka FHD) is 1920x1080, so closer to 2K

13 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Stylus would be a better route to take than Tampermonkey for this sort of task.

Where can I download Stylus?
CRX Extractor/Downloader no longer works.
What should the code be for Stylus?

I use version 1.5.15.  Unsure if newer versions are MV3 or MV2.  360Chrome can only use MV2 extensions.  I often intentionally user OLDER versions as newer is often just bloated and not as efficient.

https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/45976/

You then need to write a style sheet.  I'm unsure if you are aware of how long the road is that you are about to travel.

I also style-sheet my Stylus interface, so this will not look the same on your end.

This style sheet sets ALL body and html tags on ALL web sites visited to Arial.  This will override the "Delivery" font on your DHL example and the "Roboto" font on your everydrop-counts example.

If you wanted to apply to only specific web sites, you would add them using the "plus sign" to the right of "Applies to Everything".

You may also find that some web sites that you want "Delivery" or "Roboto" changed will have them set in a tag other than body or html.  Something like <div> or <span> or the list is endless.

There may not be a "one-size fits all" approach and this "fix" could grow quite easily.

image.png.c8e030cbb29699ba45ad7e21b31d4e72.png

54 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I use version 1.5.15.  Unsure if newer versions are MV3 or MV2.  360Chrome can only use MV2 extensions.  I often intentionally user OLDER versions as newer is often just bloated and not as efficient.

https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/45976/

You then need to write a style sheet.  I'm unsure if you are aware of how long the road is that you are about to travel.

I also style-sheet my Stylus interface, so this will not look the same on your end.

This style sheet sets ALL body and html tags on ALL web sites visited to Arial.  This will override the "Delivery" font on your DHL example and the "Roboto" font on your everydrop-counts example.

If you wanted to apply to only specific web sites, you would add them using the "plus sign" to the right of "Applies to Everything".

You may also find that some web sites that you want "Delivery" or "Roboto" changed will have them set in a tag other than body or html.  Something like <div> or <span> or the list is endless.

There may not be a "one-size fits all" approach and this "fix" could grow quite easily.

image.png.c8e030cbb29699ba45ad7e21b31d4e72.png

That's what I'm already doing with ublock. But fonts such as web fonts are also replaced here.

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Stylus is the correct tool for the job.  uBlock may be able to "in a limited fashion" but it does not do it as well as Stylus.

But then again, it is an additional add-on that requires additional memory and slows down the page load.
Every add-on has to go through the source code and edit it accordingly.

What is better with Stylus?

It's not that "linear".

If it takes uBO 400ms to perform what Stylus can do in 200ms and having both only increases RAM by 10 MB but results in saving 200ms a thousand times per day, then that to me is kind of a no-brainer.  :cool:

Every user must weigh their own pros and cons.  My hunch is that you have extensions that I view as "worthless".  That doesn't make them worthless to you.

uBO is obviously FAILING at the task you are asking it to do or we wouldn't be having this discussion.  :wacko:

37 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

uBO is obviously FAILING at the task you are asking it to do or we wouldn't be having this discussion.  :wacko:

My question was about changing the edge smoothing...
I can imagine that ublock needs some resources, but it comes with a lot by default.

Are there ready-made scripts for Stylus to filter advertising?
Can I replace ublock with Stylus?

Edited by Anbima