Supermium

No clue where to find "Brave".

But I would be willing to bet "your membership" that Brave will show an active tab in PURE WHITE on my system.

I will document proof wholly and completely.

This whole HUBBUB seems to not revolve around Catsxp/Brave/Supermium/Thorium but rather something SYSTEM-BASED.

I suppose it should also be asked of all three of the members that always cite these brightness issues - your profiles all cite Vista, are you also all using extended kernel?

I suppose "one of these days" I will see if I also get PURE WHITE active tabs for all of these browsers in Vista - but it is very very very "back burner".

9 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I suppose it should also be asked of all three of the members that always cite these brightness issues - your profiles all cite Vista, are you also all using extended kernel?

There's a documented difference with grey colour and its shades at github and by you here (thanks!). For me, the problem is with colours being too light, like on that first screenshot. I run Vista without exkernel.

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This whole HUBBUB seems to not revolve around Catsxp/Brave/Supermium/Thorium but rather something SYSTEM-BASED.

No, I tried on XP notebook, also.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

And you're *not* getting a PURE WHITE active tab ???

Because *ALL* of these browsers give me a PURE WHITE active tab !!!

image.png.62229d6aae2edf34398c3599197cb322.png

Seeing pure white 255 means your brightness is at max. You need to look at other colours, like you successfully did with grey.

Compare black levels.

Posted (edited)

My brightness is at 20%.  (Screencap RGB value is value of pixel, I can set brightness at 2% and everything be three different shades of black, the pixel RGB value is still 255,255,255.)

I have compared black levels.

I've done everything I can here.

This "issue" is not an issue to me.

Supermium / Thorium / Catsxp / Brave / "real" Chrome/Chromium all display the same EXACT colors on my system!  Fonts, active tabs, inactive tabs.  ALL THE SAME EXACT COLORS!

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Supermium / Thorium / Catsxp / Brave / "real" Chrome/Chromium all display the same EXACT colors on my system!  Fonts, active tabs, inactive tabs.  ALL THE SAME EXACT COLORS!

OK! Thank you for your time.

On 5/28/2024 at 11:52 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But there is also no doubt that "coders" and "gamers" LOVE LOVE LOVE dark mode.

I believe the correct term is "programmers" for the former group. I do wonder if it has to do with prolonged staring at the screen, maybe also using dark mode as substitute for simply adjusting brightness.

There are programmers where I work, yeah, a bunch of vampires. xD

I feel like I've come to the point where I've already seen everything that was there to see on Windows XP. So even if this hardware acceleration thingy works, what would be the point? That and I think Chromium and their spawns have no soul and are just produced so people working on them have something to show off to get their paycheck.

In any case, none of this really helps in my search for the meaning of life.