Supermium

3 hours ago, AstragonQC said:

Not totally, you can still come across him on Discord from time to time. The atmosphere is healthier there, and after all, well... 

I'm not planning to create a discord account, at least for now. But thanks for letting me know.

sorry guys, but someone have to opens it (and nobody wants to, so I'll take the job and wear the hat of "the bad one" that ruins the mood) and seriously say it: some conflicts we can read on that forum are more similar to quarrels between schoolchildren than real dialogs between responsible adults, 

I lost hope, it won't happen. Though, a small glimpse of hope still exists. At least with the new filtering system software that seem to have been finally implemented on MSFN against bots/fake posters/spammers.

so I think that win32 is somewhat right to avoid such places, focus on his work and dialoging with others on more peaceful/serious-looking* places. We're mature people (at least, I hope), so I think we all can discuss in a better atmosphere, and express their disagreements as adults with adult-like wordings.

You mean, like this specimen, for example?  :buehehe:

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/215#issuecomment-1918460518

19 hours ago, Milkinis said:

one of the several reasons why I don't like W7 at all.... :realmad: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-manually-arrange-folders-in-windows-7/91d630f0-c18d-4eaa-889b-e0ecaffa5a94

is there a good file manager out there similar or with the simplicity of the XP built-in one  ???

Explorer++ :)

https://explorerplusplus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3200

12 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Then it's advisable to articulate what is it exactly you want the developer to do. Write only the technical details, without additional, emotional soap, then tag win32 so he could check the request. Obviously, tag only when it's really needed. Thanks.

Don't forget to include pics of how you want it to be. The same is when reporting issues.

Example. 

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185045-supermium/?do=findComment&comment=1259636

What is your problem D. Draker?  There's no "emotional soap" or whatever nonsense your rambling on about.  We're making COMPARISONS, and besides you, it appear everyone else gets what I'm trying to articulate.  Are you telling me you need me to show you what a titlebar is in an image?  Are you really telling me that?

Besides, I'm sure win32 is not able to make such a change because it's basically "Chrome"

Also, lately it seems a few of you newbies are starting to dictate how manage threads and posts.  You're not the format police, so join in the conversation, or don't comment.

8 hours ago, Dixel said:

Yep, I was thinking the same, looks like win32 don't respond here anymore, seems like he moved to github completely. Could be due to the reason of not so warm and unfriendly posts we can all observe here.

Generally, the atmosphere is not very welcoming, to say the least. All those unneeded comparisons and endless talks about chinese knock-offs...

May I ask why these "comparisons" are so troublesome for you and D. Draker?  What is the issue?  We've ALWAYS done things like that here.

On 2/3/2024 at 4:49 PM, VistaLover said:

.. For people on WinXP SP3 "trialing" the latest Sm-121-hf x86 release, win32 is kindly providing recompiled+rebased versions of files

@VistaLover and @66cats Many thanks for the informations and the link for downloading the files ! :worship:

The patched files works very well on my computers for Supermium and... Chromium 115 for XP.

The memory usage dropping is even much better with Chromium that Supermium ! :rolleyes:

I'm using < 1 GB of physical memory with Chromium launched with 6 tabs opened...

For information , here the list of updates by Microsoft installed on my computers:

Service Pack 3
exFAT support (KB ???)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Update 3

Regards

Edited by genieautravail

7 hours ago, Dixel said:

You mean, like this specimen, for example?  :buehehe:

I can assure you that Supermium 117 on Win7 x64 can also open 100 tabs at a time without hang-ups.

some picky persons do not even support the browser developement with $ $ $ 

12 hours ago, Dixel said:

I run x64 Vista SP2 with a very old nvidia card Titan 6gb (January 2013)/ Driver version 382.16 (the last one that works good with it), thanks to @D.Draker for porting it!

I didn't know the GTX Titan required a modded driver :o @66cats

11 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

modded driver

Everything up to 10-series works without mods, but people are choosy about drivers (i'm not enough of a gamer to know the difference).

6 hours ago, Milkinis said:

I didn't know the GTX Titan required a modded driver :o @66cats

Of course it does. Official "supported" drivers are too old for gaming, it may come as a surprise, but yes, I do game on my PC. But like I wrote, official or modded - makes no difference in Supermium's brightness, and I tried on another computer with another Nvidia card, also. Of which I notified in the edited post.

11 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

May I ask why these "comparisons" are so troublesome for you and D. Draker?  What is the issue?  We've ALWAYS done things like that here.

Because in my opinion, Jody, it was one of the reasons win32 doesn't respond here anymore. I want to stick forks in my eyes each time I read numerous references glorifying 360 in Supermium's thread. It's no comparison by any means (no one can compare version 86 to 121), and even if it is (in your opinion), it's simply not needed for this young project. Would you like me to come to any of Firefox's threads and start telling how I like Chrome? Or "comparing" it in a way  "We've ALWAYS done things like that here"? Or simply mention they can't work with somewhat modern sites? Think about it.

I can't tell for D.D, we'd have to wait what he thinks about it.

17 hours ago, AstragonQC said:

Not totally, you can still come across him on Discord from time to time. The atmosphere is healthier there, and after all, well... sorry guys, but someone have to opens it (and nobody wants to, so I'll take the job and wear the hat of "the bad one" that ruins the mood) and seriously say it: some conflicts we can read on that forum are more similar to quarrels between schoolchildren than real dialogs between responsible adults, so I think that win32 is somewhat right to avoid such places, focus on his work and dialoging with others on more peaceful/serious-looking* places. We're mature people (at least, I hope), so I think we all can discuss in a better atmosphere, and express their disagreements as adults with adult-like wordings.

* DISCLAIMER: I do not put in cause the serious of some people here, don't make me say what I didn't say. I respect the work some may have and will done here. Also I don't focus anyone, after all we're all responsible about what we say on the Internet.

Thank you it's needed to be said. Some fail to understand how easy is to let a project down. Some do it without realizing it. Some do it on purpose.

4 hours ago, Dixel said:

Because in my opinion, Jody, it was one of the reasons win32 doesn't respond here anymore. I want to stick forks in my eyes each time I read numerous references glorifying 360 in Supermium's thread. It's no comparison by any means (no one can compare version 86 to 121), and even if it is (in your opinion), it's simply not needed for this young project. Would you like me to come to any of Firefox's threads and start telling how I like Chrome? Or "comparing" it in a way  "We've ALWAYS done things like that here"? Or simply mention they can't work with somewhat modern sites? Think about it.

I can't tell for D.D, we'd have to wait what he thinks about it.

I'm sorry, but that sort of thinking is taking this all WAY TOO PERSONALLY!  And sure, you can stop by one of my thread's and make comparisons to something else.  That's called "discussion".

At the end of the day, it's just technology.  By the way no one owns threads here.  Even on Roytam1s and NotHere's threads, people make comparisons to things.  For example, a few posts yet, I praised Supermium because it game Vista a real contender for the modern web.  It beats out Roytam1s and NotHere's offerings (in my mind).  So  by your logic, are we not allowed to say that?  It's perfectly a relevant comparison.

2 hours ago, Karla Sleutel said:

Thank you it's needed to be said. Some fail to understand how easy is to let a project down. Some do it without realizing it. Some do it on purpose.

And this ... how is such discussion "letting a project down?"  I mean really!!!  Are we trying to grow a market for Kleenex tissues here?

Unbelievable.  I just ... don't know what to think.  And here I though I was sensitive!

3 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

I mean really!!!  Are we trying to grow a market for Kleenex tissues here?

Unbelievable.  I just ... don't know what to think.  And here I though I was sensitive!

This is very insulting to say such a thing to a girl! Yes, we girls are sensitive.

I just saw win32 appeared here some time ago, read the usual nonsense, and didn't reply again, which proves the point of @AstragonQC, @Dixel, me and all other members who wish well to this project and want it to continue.

You're very rude, you need to apologize.

7 minutes ago, Karla Sleutel said:

This is very insulting to say such a thing to a girl! Yes, we girls are sensitive.

I just saw win32 appeared here some time ago, read the usual nonsense, and didn't reply again, which proves the point of @AstragonQC, @Dixel, me and all other members who wish well to this project and want it to continue.

You're very rude, you need to apologize.

It had NOTHING to do with you being a girl.  In fact I make no judgements of gender.  We're all equals here.  So let's not turn this into a direction that it never had to go into.