Win7 Thorium - Next Ungoogled ???

12 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

jaclaz, people don't like warez and don't support, don't respect their distributors at MSFN, so I wouldn't be surprised, if it will get likes! I even think it will be more.

I was under the impression - MSFN has no-warez policy, no?

Sure, no warez on MSFN.

But the referenced post has no mention of warez, it is only about the nationality of the Author and how in your country you have the right to have goods labeled with the country of manufacture/origin.

jaclaz

3 hours ago, jaclaz said:

My crystal ball, which is unfortunately needing some tuning, tells me however that your post will soon get two upvotes or likes

Rather simple usage of the ball.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

version numbering is a bit of a hijack.

Whatcha talkin' about? You asked about the version yourself. "114", ring any bells?

But the referenced post has no mention of warez, it is only about the nationality of the Author and how in your country you have the right to have goods labeled with the country of manufacture/origin.

jaclaz

There's a reason they put "Made in Italy" on Ferrari, or on the marvellous Italian olive oil, or "Made in Germany" on the German BMW.

Browser is also a product. So I'm not sure what you wanted to say with your remark.

it is only about the nationality of the Author

August 6, Vistapocalypse wrote:

"(which is a Russian company in case someone still doesn’t know that)?"

I'm not seeing jaclaz's remarks under the post. :dubbio:

In any case, this is of course very pleasant you only notice what I write. Though I'm not surprised, I've been told many times before, I'm an interesting man.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It is only offered as an x64 and my Win7 is x86 so I have not tried it yet but it is on my To Do List.

I am not sure it's the same browser if they have individual github repos and the last supported version is the 109 (not 115)

***deleted link***

Edited by Milkinis

12 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

August 6, Vistapocalypse wrote:

"(which is a Russian company in case someone still doesn’t know that)?"

I'm not seeing jaclaz's remarks under the post.

It is not like jaclaz has any agreement in his contract with MSFN (nor with any other third parties) to provide comments on each and every post.

Unlike you, he didn't mention downvotes, I only tried to tell you how they don't exist and that you were not caring about something that does not exist.

I also provided (free of charge) the results of consulting my crystal ball, and - if accurate - that will be good news for you, at least two upvotes on that post.

That's it.

jaclaz

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I don't care how many downvotes I'll get by saying - this browser is made buy a Russian

so what ? who makes the Basilisk and Palemoon forks ? what's the origin of the chrome 13.5 fork ? who is behind Mypal 68 project ?

3 hours ago, Milkinis said:

who makes the Basilisk and Palemoon forks ? what's the origin of the chrome 13.5 fork ? who is behind Mypal 68 project ?

13.5 is from China, but not relevant, since the original topic is about the ungoogled version. The other three, by whom they were made, I don't know, never heard of them before. Which chrome version they are based on? Are they ungoogled?

3 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

so what ? who makes the Basilisk and Palemoon forks ? what's the origin of the chrome 13.5 fork ? who is behind Mypal 68 project ?

Maybe we should have a COO (Certificate of Origin) besides the COA (Certificate of Authenticity) mandated by Law.

The (nonsensical) issue would remain about the political orientation of the Author (and of all the contributors) of softwares, only as an example I suspect that there are many Russians among the contributors of Linux, and also a large number of Communists, regardless of their nationality.

jaclaz

1 hour ago, Milkinis said:

who makes the Basilisk and Palemoon forks ?

@roytam1

1 hour ago, Milkinis said:

who is behind Mypal 68 project ?

@feodor2

And regarding these well-known coders and creators I do not really have to mention where they are located. albert.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

7 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

I suspect that there are many Russians among the contributors of Linux, and also a large number of Communists, regardless of their nationality.

jaclaz

I suspect there are russian citizens working for Opera (his favorite web browser)