Win7 Thorium - Next Ungoogled ???

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

But the referenced post has no mention of warez, it is only about the nationality of the Author and how in your country you have the right to have goods labeled with the country of manufacture/origin.

jaclaz

I would be much worried about the hidden misleading ingredients (E-xxxx) and not the useless label of the country of origin. 

Edited by Milkinis

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Looks like a "bait and tackle" to me.  I'm not biting.  :buehehe:

I never used, never heard of them before, what am I "guilty" of? Let him do his own research.

10 hours ago, Milkinis said:

I suspect there are russian citizens working for Opera (his favorite web browser)

Thank you for the information! Though, it's not my favourite, I already wrote many warnings, because it's well known that Opera collects enormous amounts of data and belongs to China.

It was just easier to backport it to Vista, in contrast to the usual ungoogled chrome. But Opera is also not relevant here.

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I am more worried about "buy" versus "by".  But I'm also knot won two point out spelling ore grammar Miss Takes.  waka waka waka

Please don't start, everyone understands it was a T9 typo, because I wrote by and buy one after another with the same meaning, in the same sentence. I'll not point my fingers at those who don't know the difference between steel and steal, who and whom and so on. As for your original question, it makes zero sense to use "thorium", you can still use the original Ungoogled for win7, since they are of the same old 109 version. With some hacks Ungoogled 110 or even 111 can be backported.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I am assuming it was a reference to French versus German courts since politics was thrown in at POST NUMBER TWO!

It's rather distorted perception of reality. Manufacturer and the country of origin of any product must be shown on the label. Period. It's the customer protection law. End of story. Even Vistapocalypse agrees, but you don't write your remarks under his posts. Though, I perfectly understand, jaclaz and you find my posts way more interesting, I'm an active windows user, a modder, and a nice, helpful, cheerful, sociable, like to go clubbing and making new friends, I don't have any thick/annoying accents, non-smoker, rarely drinking, sport and active lifestyle oriented man, a nice company, in general.

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I don't understand what it has to do with the subject, please explain.

you dislike a web browser developed in china however your french court is in defense of a china made phone that apparentely misused Nokia patents

Nokia is also the center of controversy as to why the US banned Huawei because Donald Trump wants your 5G data to migrate to Whashington instead of Beijing. :cool: