Win7 Thorium - Next Ungoogled ???

For those following Supermium (which does not [yet?] have an UNGOOGLED version), you may be interested in knowing that Thorium is now being distributed via the same channels as Ungoogled Chromium.

Unsure if this also means that an UNGOOGLED Thorium is on the horizon.

It is only offered as an x64 and my Win7 is x86 so I have not tried it yet but it is on my To Do List.

Whether the future be Supermium or Thorium is kind of still up-in-the-air as far as my needs - UNGOOGLED is a must for me.

image.thumb.png.025b8fda7942b121823bac99d72d3904.png

I'm sorry, the information given is very confusing. I don't care how many downvotes I'll get by saying - this browser is made by a Russian, But it's my right, as a customer, to know where a product is being manufactured.

It's also demanded by the law in my country, all goods must be labelled. All attempts to make a political show out of it will be promptly reported, and I'll not engage is such conversations.

Edited by D.Draker
fixed the aggressive T9

UNGOOGLED is a MUST.  If you have the means to request this on Supermium, by all means, you have my strong encouragement to do so.

I myself will NOT use EITHER ONE until there is an UNGOOGLED version.

edit - Client Hints disabled (as you suggested in one of your posts) is a strong encouragement as well.

spacer.png

I "think" the author only hosts a LINK to warez and not the actual warez.

IRRELEVANT to me, per se.  I'm smart enough (ie, "net savvy") to not click those links or download that CRAP.

chromium.woolyss is a TRUSTED source even if the AUTHOR'S web site is "questionable".

I kind of see this as MSFN being a TRUSTED source but several MEMBERS of MSFN having their own web sites which don't need to follow MSFN's "guidelines".

spacer.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Client Hints disabled (as you suggested in one of your posts) is a strong encouragement as well.

It was Dixel.

I "think" the author only hosts a LINK to warez and not the actual warez.

No, the links are direct, they lead to warez packed in zip archives directly, try yourself. It's at least several of them, and I didn't even check the whole website.

IRRELEVANT to me, per se.  I'm smart enough

Maybe, but I don't want you get into trouble here by even mentiong the russian warez site.

I myself will NOT use EITHER ONE until there is an UNGOOGLED version.

And your title is wrong, even the author doesn't claim his browser to be anywhere near Ungoogled!

Besides, his windows 7 version is the ancient 109 from the last year, the russian didn't port anything newer!

Which doesn't surprise me at all. He still "patches" the obsolete version. LOL.

49 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I'm sorry, the information given is very confusing. I don't care how many downvotes I'll get by saying - this browser is made buy a Russian, But it's my right, as a customer, to know where a product is being manufactured.

It's also demanded by the law in my country, all goods must be labelled. All attempts to make a political show out of it will be promptly reported, and I'll not engage is such conversations.

You won't get any downvote for this post, simply because there is no way on MSFN to downvote.

My crystal ball, which is unfortunately needing some tuning, tells me however that your post will soon get two upvotes or likes (probably by Saxxon and Dixel).

jaclaz

3 hours ago, jaclaz said:

My crystal ball, which is unfortunately needing some tuning, tells me however that your post will soon get two upvotes or likes (probably by Saxxon and Dixel).

jaclaz

jaclaz, people don't like warez and don't support, don't respect their distributors at MSFN, so I wouldn't be surprised, if it will get likes! I even think it will be more.

I was under the impression - MSFN has no-warez policy, no?

10 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

While a month old Supermium is already at version 117! Which is current, and works even on Vista!

So far, I'm not interested in anything newer than 114.  But it has to be ungoogled.  May have to drop all the way down to 94 or 97 depending on what flags are kept.

Official Ungoogled does an AWESOME JOB at maintaining flags that are dropped upstream.  I am skeptic that Thorium or Supermium will do as great.  But like you say, Supermium is only a month old so "fingers crossed".

But like you say, Supermium is only a month old so "fingers crossed".

I meant @win32 already got 117 last month, so Supermium sticks to the current stream, while "thorium" is already almost a year behind. It will obviously not suit you.