Mental Health Awareness Month

Vistapocalypse

On 5/27/2023 at 11:09 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

America has no more mental health problems than other countries

Agree with this part.

On 5/28/2023 at 4:23 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I don't vote in the EU.  So no, I did not follow this "agenda" in the EU.  It's an "agenda" I technically have no interest in.  Until politicians and teachers started to "indoctrinate" my kids.

If the EU already went through this, what was the outcome - can an 8yr old get a sex change, paid for by tax dollars, without parental consent?  Can a 12yr old give "consent" to the 40yr old teacher?

This nightmare is also here. The lobby is very strong worldwide.

"...who have doubts about their gender identity and may be considering sex change surgery".

https://www.alliancevita.org/en/2021/12/gender-french-senate-adopts-controversial-bill-on-sex-change/

Huge, huge amounts of money  in this industry.

On 5/28/2023 at 6:27 PM, legacyfan said:

anything political based is against the forum rules

@NotHereToPlayGames talks about the mental illness those poor persons have, if someone tied it to the politics just to make money, it's still on-topic. In fact, they absolutely don't care about them. Though, I agree with you, we need to respect the forum rules, and he shouldn't have mentiioned politians directly. On the other hand, if not such people, who don't obey the rules, you would have nothing to post about.

On 5/28/2023 at 6:27 PM, legacyfan said:

anything political based is against the forum rules

I abide by the forum rules, which is why I'm not going to change my sex, and what about you?

On 5/28/2023 at 7:35 AM, UCyborg said:

You also spoke about minimalism in the context of yourself at some point while owning not 1, but 6 vehicles!

Not really fair.  How many teens of driving age live in my household?  Are you also assuming me to not be married?

14 hours ago, Cocodile said:

I abide by the forum rules, which is why I'm not going to change my sex, and what about you?

lol

The forum allows you to change your username.  Some have done this "excessivley".  So I bet the forum would allow you to change sex if you are so inclined.

18 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Not really fair.  How many teens of driving age live in my household?  Are you also assuming me to not be married?

I guess he just (maybe) doesn't know - one simply can't compare the states, where it's necessary to have a car, with W. Europe, where one can live without it.

Municipal transport is non existent in the U.S., from what I know. Or is of low quality and has bums in it. On the other hand, I know nothing about his country, zero, except 

they were (are?) friends with russia and located in the East. I only recently (with the help of jaclaz) forced myself to remember it's not Hungary.

Yes, no offence, when I was at school/academy, no such countries existed on the map. I have tendencies to erase info I use very rarely, so maybe I'll forget again.

7 hours ago, UCyborg said:

@NotHereToPlayGames
It was just a thought that formed in my mind at the time as it put some pieces of your posts I read in the past together. And no, I don't recall ever even actively thinking about your marital status.

Perhaps you confused him with me, being born not far from each other in the seventies, I'm still not married, and not going to, I was on the verge of the most stupid decison I could ever make (marriage), in 1996-97, but somehow changed my mind and avoided it. Later it went completely off the trend. Imagine, I'd have an old wife and old children now!  It's so cool to live dedicated to yourself.

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

one simply can't compare the states, where it's necessary to have a car, with W. Europe, where one can live without it

The U.S. is very VERY confusing.

People OFTEN want to make "blanket statements" in regards to the U.S. and that simply cannot be done.

The U.S. is all over the map (politically, economically, religiously, you name it) in regards to this region versus that region, this State versus that State.

You can't say something about Florida and it also be true about California.

You can easily live without a car in New York City but not in "upstate" New York - but when people "hear" New York they don't ususally think of "upstate", they think Brooklyn or Manhattan.

Same for the California countryside versus LA (Los Angeles) or San Diego or Santa Monica Pier.

Global perception of "us" here in the States is often tied to "blue states" and not "red states".

It's not all "black and white" despite the "human condition" always trying to minimize the complex into something simple.

Something like that...

I think D.Draker is largely correct about the United States, and NotHereToPlayGames exaggerates America’s diversity. I have lived in suburbs my entire life, and the biggest city I ever lived near was Houston. The car is absolutely essential to our suburban way of life, and also for those living in the countryside. Without a car, you might as well be in a desert. I suppose a car might be more trouble than it’s worth in Manhattan, since there’s no place to park anyway.

I was fortunate enough to visit Europe one summer when I was much younger. The only subway I ever rode on was the Paris Metro. I traveled by train from city to city. (I took a few train trips in the US when I was younger, but visitors from Europe had better not plan on traveling by train here.) I should’ve sought out public transportation in Rome instead of walking 10 km from the Forum to the Vatican, but I was young enough to survive that mistake. (I even missed the Sistine Chapel because the sun was going down when I emerged from St. Peter’s.) The European country that was most similar to the US was certainly (western) Germany, with its multi-lane autobahns. But even in Germany, you could travel by train and use public transportation to get around in the cities.

It’s actually ridiculous that D.Draker has pegged me as an “enemy of NATO,” but I would rather block his blind hostility than attempt to have a conversation about it. Technically speaking, legacy versions of Kaspersky are an option for XP and Vista, and even seem to be compatible with the extended kernel, which appears to break various other legacy AV products. As I have mentioned many times before, I never used Kaspersky myself, and no longer use Windows Vista for that matter. If MSFN exists for loyal NATO members only, then perhaps forum rules should prohibit any discussion of Kaspersky? In any case, I do not accept the condemnation of D.Draker! But if I ever insulted his English (and it seems like I probably did), then I apologize for that, because it is quite good actually.

Yes, Mental Health Awareness Month is ending today. Hopefully this 14-page thread will also come to an end.

23 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

The car is absolutely essential

Definitely to me!  In my part of the States, I know people that are married for three years before they ever own a car!  That is backwards to me, and I suspect to most - but not to all.  Maybe that's just today's "kids"?

But we also have at least half a dozen Indians (India, not Native American) working for us that are 40+ years old - and have never owned a car.

I do not live in Manhattan.  Think more along the lines of Nashville, TN, Louisville, KY, and Chicago, IL.

But both the 20-something and the 40-something that I cite, they are "happy" with public transportation and being RENTERS.

The Indian in my department moved to NYC for college, moved to the Midwest for a career, and lives in an apartment walking-distance from his career job.

22 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The U.S. is very VERY confusing.

To me (it seems) you're a very rare guest in NY.  They will think you're a bum, if you have no decent car, and by decent I mean decent-decent.

Why won't you just agree with D.Draker, at least this once, and live happily everafter.

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But we also have at least half a dozen Indians (India, not Native American) working for us that are 40+ years old

I just wonder why they chose America, and didn't go to Russia? Russia's not only much-much closer, it's also (by the description from several members) such a pleasant, nice country, no racism, peaceful, very peaceful. Salaries are very high, beautiful women wearing only Western-made clothes/makeup and botox is only of the highest quality.

Not a single russian car on their streets, in fact, not a single russia-made anything, and Kaspersly is free for every citizen.