Mental Health Awareness Month

Vistapocalypse

47 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm proud of my CDO (alphabetical order, the way it should have been all along!).

I've actually been told that I am "borderline Aspergers" during various social events, lol.

Thanks for stepping forward! I believe you once mentioned your condition in one of roytam1’s incredibly lengthy threads. (At the risk of sounding unreasonable, I often wish that members would strive for concision in their postings - but fat chance of that happening!) Here’s wishing you a happy MHA month!

29 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Altitude effects atmospheric pressure, atmospheric pressure effects the temperature at which water will boil.

At an altitude of 2,895 meters, water will boil at 90° Celsius.

Do you mean that water is obtuse below 2,895 meters?

jaclaz

ADHD is an issue I deal with on a daily basis. It's the feeling of having everything to do and not enough time to do it, since now is the only time I can do anything.

36 minutes ago, sunryze said:

ADHD is an issue I deal with on a daily basis.

Same here.  Though minor and non-medicated.

I am one of only a few here at work that has computer speakers, Pluto TV, streaming radio, and YouTube access because "background noise" keeps me 'focused'.

So I guess I kind of have "exploited" the minor ADHD but my boss knows the difference in my efficiency when I do and do not have that "background noise".

I've also been suggested via "medical advise" to drink Mountain Dew because caffiene kinda of has the opposite effect on me as it does most people.

for me my issue is just depression ive always had it and its never really gone away ive try to do things to help with it and nothing has worked :( but I still try everyday to be happy and positive and not be down about every little things

1 hour ago, legacyfan said:

for me my issue is just depression ive always had it and its never really gone away ive try to do things to help with it and nothing has worked :(

Yes, I had a problem with depression starting in teenage years, but it got better as I grew older. I think youngsters are disappointed and frustrated by the limitations of life; but as you grow older, you realize this is all there really is. :blink: Many youngsters with depression also have another underlying condition, e.g. nobody ever heard of Aspergers when I was your age. I think you should spend less time at online forums, forget about legacy versions of Windows, and “get a life” while you’re still young enough to enjoy it! :)

9 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

nobody ever heard of Aspergers when I was your age

Not until Boston Legal came along and portrayed a character with Aspergers.

The character (Jerry "Hands" Espenson) is played by actor Christian Clemenson.

Dan Aykroyd, Daryl Hannah, Anthony Hopkins, and some doctors suggest Andy Warhol also all have Aspergers.

Or more recently called Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).

1 hour ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Yes, I had a problem with depression starting in teenage years, but it got better as I grew older. I think youngsters are disappointed and frustrated by the limitations of life; but as you grow older, you realize this is all there really is. :blink: Many youngsters with depression also have another underlying condition, e.g. nobody ever heard of Aspergers when I was your age. I think you should spend less time at online forums, forget about legacy versions of Windows, and “get a life” while you’re still young enough to enjoy it! :)

that why ive been on less (and switched to windows 10 for a less stressfull experience)