ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 8

18 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

So you seem to NOT be using the loader.ini CORRECTLY because you screencap'd that your loader.ini has WebGL "disabled".

rebuild 7 = chrome://gpu = WebGL: Disabled = maps don't work

rebuild 8 = chrome://gpu = WebGL: Software only = maps do work

360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_r8_regular_webgl-disabled_translate-enabled_win-xp-skin

I have downloaded the 5th link from the first page: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3e5m48tzzb30bj/360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_r8_regular_webgl-enabled_translate-disabled_win-10-skin.zip?dl=1

Renamed file (to download) to: 360Chrome 13.5.1030_r8_r_webgl-e_tr-d_w10-skin

Tests:

chrome://gpu : WebGL: Software only WebGL2: Software only

https://get.webgl.org/ : "Your browser supports WebGL"

WebGL Browser Report: https://browserleaks.com/webgl WebGL Support Detection

This browser supports WebGL✔True

This browser supports WebGL 2✔True (88 of 88)

...then click on the Escape map linkhttps://greatescape.co/map?departDate=2023-04-05&returnDate=2023-04-19 : map is here.

So NO problems, WebGL works with this build, as expected...

Thanks for updating this Chrome package.

This time I took the unGoogled version. Then copied over the user data folder from my previous regular version, with addons and all. That seems to work.

Appreciate the choice of an alternate skin besides the Windows XP Luna Blue one. I will have to decide which one I like best.

On 3/16/2023 at 12:08 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You have your files criss-crossed and you confuse the flow of this thread until that criss-cross is resolved on your end.

Win7 x64

360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_r8_regular_webgl-disabled_translate-enabled_win-xp-skin

screenshot-5.png

1 hour ago, Milkinis said:

Win7 x64

screenshot-5.png

Before I can assist any further, I need all of the following in ONE screencap -
   1)  Task Manager showing "360Loader.exe"
   2)  File Manager window showing the 360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_r8_regular_webgl-disabled_translate-enabled_win-xp-skin contents of "360Loader.exe" and "360Loader.ini"
   3)  Notepad showing "--disable-webgl"
   4)  ONE tab open and ONE tab ONLY showing top section of "chrome://gpu"

image.thumb.png.382d606f1f67eb86d10a8e4a0d6a5c79.png

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Before I can assist any further, I need all of the following in ONE screencap -

as I mentioned before I never use the main loader.exe and maybe the loader.ini is not involved on it

sometimes when I launch the browser after several hours of no use it gets hooked on a blank screen (previous releases didn't have this issue) then I restart it and restore the previous session

with Win7 it's even worse, it's totally unusable until I restart Windows, the mouse cursor goes into an infinite loop

Edited by Milkinis

2 hours ago, Milkinis said:

as I mentioned before I never use the main loader.exe and maybe the loader.ini is not involved on it

If you do not use the loader.exe, then the loader.ini does NOTHING.

If you are trying to DISABLE WebGL, then you either must use the loader.exe or the --disable-webgl startup command.

You are not using EITHER and then you wonder why WebGL is still enabled ??? ??? ???

If it's any consolation -

A year or two ago when I started these public-share rebuilds, I opted to disable WebGL based on "security vulnerabilities" associated with WebGL.

Most of those "security" reports with WebGL are dated circa 2011.

Most of the "vulnerabilities" were later addressed by way of "same-origin policy" restrictions coded into the web browser.

How "insecure" is a web browser in 2023 because of WebGL coupled with same-origin policy restrictions that did not exist in 2011 when these "security vulnerabilities" were first raised?

Should I be "paranoid" about WebGL exposing OpenGL to JavaScript when I only allow specific whitelisted javascript?

I have currently opted to enable WebGL and maybe, just MAYBE, I was a bit too "paranoid" to disable it in the first place.

So my recently downloaded 

On 3/16/2023 at 8:48 PM, msfntor said:

360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_r8_regular_webgl-enabled_translate-disabled_win-10-skin.zip?dl=1

is not bad after all... in Fingerprint Spoofing extension I've too allowed WebGL, WebRTC (cause this one is already in my uBlock), font, clientrects; because otherwise I had various problems. So now - no problem with my Fingerprint Spoofing extension.

EDIT:

I ended up deleting this extension... enough is enough!:rolleyes:

Edited by msfntor

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

If you are trying to DISABLE WebGL, then you either must use the loader.exe or the --disable-webgl startup command.

I'm not trying to disable webGL, I was just curious about it being enabled all the time with the non-webGL based browsers

I mostly use the executable from the application folder because I believe it's safer and will be easier to restore the previous session right after a power outage.