ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 8

Here are some .dll's to try (they of course need renamed to chrome.dll but I know you know that).
These are "no-translate" versions of chrome.dll.
#6 may be the most revealing - it rebases "away" from the ORIGINAL address only to rebase "back to" the ORIGINAL address.
#4 is rebased to the same address as that used in rebuild 7.
Please let me know how these do for you and many thanks in advance, this will prove VERY helpful.

.7z (236 MB, six different .dll's to try)  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/7augkeqjb00wwkr/chrome-dll.7z?dl=1

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Thank you again for your continued efforts!

For what it’s worth, I haven’t had any errors thus far with the version I’m using (rebuild 8, regular, WebGL enabled, translate enabled, XP skin). I am on WinXP x64 SP2 with all applicable POSReady 2009 updates through April 2019, so that might help matters a bit.

I am happy to see that 360v13.5 is still being maintained…perhaps, if you still have some of your older builds, they could be preserved on the Internet Archive. Maybe the last 11/12/13.0 builds could be useful for people, or if you plan to revisit those as you’re doing with 13.5 now, that could be beneficial for those on very old (but still SSE2-capable) processors. You have put a lot of work into your builds and I’m sincerely thankful. If I can be of any service as far as testing, I will do my best.

Again, thank you very much!

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Please let me know how these do for you and many thanks in advance, this will prove VERY helpful.

.7z (236 MB, six different .dll's to try)  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/7augkeqjb00wwkr/chrome-dll.7z?dl=1

this is driving me crazy.... :crazy:

every time the browser crashes I have to delete the registry 360/360chrome key and unzip the rar folder over gain to ensure there's no footprint along the way

I started using the #6 chrome dll with no luck except for one time.

then while trying to delete the browser folder, Windows reported an error window not allowing me to delete it due to  ''swiftshader'' file

I performed a quick scan with Hitman Pro 3.8 and it turns out the 360 loader of all rebuild 8 folders was infected or suspicious

I restarted the computer with the aim of testing this on another clean partition.

the same problem *swiftshader* still arises so I have to rename the two main browser folders  with a single letter to able to delete them.

while trying the #5 chrome dll I found out the possible issue.... the name of the two main folders combined is way to long !!!!

now the browsers work as expected with the stock chrome dll if I ''shrink down'' the folders name :lol:

Glad you were able to solve your problem! I'm surprised it would be as simple as shortening a folder's name, but sometimes that does help.
In general, I find I've had the best luck with 'regular' 360 builds, though all the ungoogled ones I've tried have worked quite well too.
You really can't go wrong with any of them.

1 hour ago, cmccaff1 said:

I'm surprised it would be as simple as shortening a folder's name, but sometimes that does help.

this finding saved me a lot of time and stress

as you know when a folder name is way too long you can't remove it

but this time the reported error window was somewhat different and I couldn't imagine that could be the actual cause.

when you unzip the rebuild 7 you get into the root folder, unlike the rebuild 8 which has an unnecessary additional folder in between

I have downloaded the rebuild 8 files onto the desktop which turn the address bar names much longer

if I move the rebuild 8 files to the C: root folder this problem won't arise.

10 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

I have downloaded the rebuild 8 files onto the desktop which turn the address bar names much longer

if I move the rebuild 8 files to the C: root folder this problem won't arise.

No doubt! I've never had great luck with downloading files to the desktop. I usually download to "My Documents" first, then transfer to "Program Files".
So far tonight I'm having a great time with rebuild 8...making some YouTube videos, accessing a few sites, and it's not only very stable but very fast. If the techniques used to enhance 360v13.5's speed could eventually be looked at for MiniBrowser, I'm more than happy to be a beta tester!
(Of course, 360 is perfectly good for my needs...I'm just talking about the future. I expect nothing and appreciate what we've got!)

Edited by cmccaff1

4 minutes ago, cmccaff1 said:

If the techniques used to enhance 360v13.5's speed could eventually be looked at for MiniBrowser, I'm more than happy to be a beta tester!

why Mini Browser ? do you feel it's faster or do you just like the settings layout better ?

3 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

why Mini Browser ? do you feel it's faster or do you just like the settings layout better ?

It's more for curiosity than anything else, which is why I put the disclaimer about 360 being perfectly good for my needs and that I appreciate what we've got!
MiniBrowser is a browser I've tried in the past and find quite interesting...it is a bit closer to 'traditional' Chromium (with codecs), which I have used on 7 and 10 installations with great results. It's forked from Chromium 87, whereas 360v13.x comes from Chromium 86.
v86 and v87 are still great to this day, and advisable as 'base' browsers over the latest version if you're on a newer OS as they come with greater speed for general browsing. Both support nullish coalescing and optional chaining (introduced with v80), so the majority of sites still work 100% fine in both.

I find 360 has a more interesting settings layout and more speed...the reason I bring up v87 is because there were some small but useful improvements made in the rendering core over v86. For the things v87 can do that v86 can't, MiniBrowser is worth a look. Unfortunately, it is not without its issues (no Flash support despite being forked from v87 [the final Chromium version to support Flash], heavier CPU/RAM usage than 360, and it will crash if you insert a flash drive unless you disable the USB backend in chrome://flags). I am not really concerned with MiniBrowser at this time, but at least one user has mentioned an instance of a site working in Mini that had issues in 360v13.5, so it could be an option going forward. (It also has no issues with overwriting files.) However, the one-version gap is so small that it doesn't really necessitate any serious work being done at this time (to me, at least). If someone wants to look into it, I am more than glad to be a beta tester.