ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2022 rebuild 3

19 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Yet I've not ran either, not even "on-demand" scans, in over 15+ years - and I have never been hit with malware or virus!

It's about knowing what to click and what not to click, what web sites to trust and what web sites not to trust, when to allow javascript, when to block javascript, et cetera.

Me too!

On 1/18/2023 at 2:20 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I myself would use this switch IF my fonts disappeared as often as it seems to for others AND if the switch resulted in lower RAM (which was not the case when I measured on XP x64, but I only took one comparison instead of an average of several).

Thanks ArcticFoxie.
And thanks to @UCyborg for pointing to us the --no-sandbox switch.

Is --no-sandbox switch the only way to prevent disappearing text in 360Chrome v11?

Could perhaps try this one also  --  chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-2d-canvas

I cannot test here at work but I seem to recall I was using this when I was on v11 but before I tracked my disappearing fonts to using too new of a version for Stylus.

On my setup, I used to get disappearing fonts daily but I've never had them in well over six months after dropping to an older version of Stylus.

41 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Unfortunately, after trying the above flag, the disappearing fonts problem still persists on 360Chrome v11.

It's not like canvas acceleration ever worked on XP in the first place. Its status is written on chrome://gpu page.

Edited by UCyborg

True.

Regarding the chrome://gpu page, take note of the "Diagnostics" section.

Compare/contrast that section when your 360Chrome includes the SwiftShader .dll's versus excludes the SwiftShader .dll's (excluding causes crashes on first launch each and every system restart for me).

Same results here.

Yes, some Add-ons can cause this, as seen from my Mypal+Moonscribe test.
For me, the bug happens at the moment when the Moonscribe icon appears, when that icon appears in Mypal - it hides text/fonts in minimized v11.

All these flags don't make a difference, disappearing fonts bug still happens in v11:
disable-accelerated-2d-canvas
disable-direct-write
disable-software-rasterizer
enable-pixel-canvas-recording
lcd-text-aa
enable-font-cache-scaling

Any other similar flags worth testing?

I can't reproduce it in v13.5 with my usual "method".

YouTube sound is better for me in v11 (no sound crackles).
In v12 and above, YouTube videos have crackles on the sound, and video playback is often a bit choppy/laggy.
Not sure why this happens.