Future of Chrome on Windows 7

yoltboy01

For the last Windows 7 compatible version of Brave, go here - https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.47.186 - (that is the official release site, so you know you're not getting anything hinky), scroll down and download >>brave-v1.47.186-win32-x64.zip<<  Expand that where you want it and create a shortcut to "brave.exe" which will launch Brave v1.47.186 x64.

If you're able to run the latest version of Brave, simply download either BraveBrowserSetup.exe or BraveBrowserSetup32.exe from the same page and run them, which will fetch and install the latest available version from their official servers.

Cheers and Regards

17 hours ago, bphlpt said:

For the last Windows 7 compatible version of Brave, go here - https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.47.186 - (that is the official release site, so you know you're not getting anything hinky), scroll down and download >>brave-v1.47.186-win32-x64.zip<<  Expand that where you want it and create a shortcut to "brave.exe" which will launch Brave v1.47.186 x64.

If you're able to run the latest version of Brave, simply download either BraveBrowserSetup.exe or BraveBrowserSetup32.exe from the same page and run them, which will fetch and install the latest available version from their official servers.

Cheers and Regards

You're simply my hero! That's exactly what I've been looking for! Thank you for the detailed explanations! Your explanations are always clear and well written! 

For the most up-to-date list I have found of Windows 7 compatible browsers, look here.[1] Even though the post is in the middle of a thread, it is actively maintained and regularly updated with current information. It lists over a dozen different chrome variants and a half dozen Firefox variants, along with info on how to slim and harden Firefox variants in general and some registry entries to suppress unsupported OS warnings in Chrome.

In addition to the ones listed above, yet another Windows 7 compatible Chrome variant that I have used for a number of years is SRWare Iron. There are installer and portable versions available for both x32 and x64.

Cheers and Regards

[1] - You will have to become a member of mydigitallife.net, if you are not already, in order to see the content

Edited by bphlpt
added note re becoming a member of MDL

13 minutes ago, bphlpt said:

For the most up-to-date list I have found of Windows 7 compatible browsers, look here. Even though the post is in the middle of a thread, it is actively maintained and regularly updated with current information. It lists over a dozen different chrome variants and a half dozen Firefox variants, along with info on how to slim and harden Firefox variants in general and some registry entries to suppress unsupported OS warnings in Chrome.

JFYI, not that it actually matters (if one actually wants that info can well become a member) but all I can see is:

You need to login to view this posts content.

It is the modern version of the "plans on display" described by  Douglas Adams:

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.

;)

jaclaz

3 hours ago, bphlpt said:

In addition to the ones listed above, yet another Windows 7 compatible Chrome variant that I have used for a number of years is SRWare Iron.

Absolutely agree, indeed a good browser. I trust it and even use it for banking, Made in Germany.

On 9/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, Karla Sleutel said:

Thank you very much, but I wouldn't know what to do with it). Maybe some third party entities make builds based on Brave?

I feel like a goof:buehehe:, but I'm glad bphlpt helped you! Be advised, I think you need to listen to him, Iron is a lot better (not only because it's German, no). It simply more privacy oriented.

And be advised 

Brave leaks DNS servers

https://community.brave.com/t/brave-leaking-dns-servers/191002

5 hours ago, jaclaz said:

JFYI, not that it actually matters (if one actually wants that info can well become a member) but all I can see is:

You need to login to view this posts content.

Very true, and I should have noted that membership is required to view the content originally, and have done so now.

I don't want to minimize @wkeller's work in any way (he is also a member here) so I won't copy the post here, but I will give you a teaser by listing all of the various browsers mentioned in that post. You'll need to either look them up yourself or sign up and go to the post I linked to above for the links (xxxxxxx) to the download locations. As far as being actively updated, he has already added the SRWare Iron links I sent him and posted here earlier. So here are all of the Windows 7 compatible browsers I am aware of, thanks to @wkeller

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Firefox fully supports Windows 7 until September 2024 (xxxxxxx), so you can download any version before that date.
The newest version at the time of writing is v115.3 ESR and it can be updated automatically.

In case of Chromium based browsers, you should download any version with engine v109 or earlier or use new Supermium or Google Chrome crack projects.

Chrome
xxxxxxx -  latest 32-bit version.
xxxxxxx -  latest 64-bit version.

If you want to install it for all users (ie. system level) read --> xxxxxxx.

For latest Chrome Enterprise version look --> xxxxxxx.

Chromium and Ungoogled Chromium
64 bit: xxxxxxx
32 bit: xxxxxxx
64 bit and 32 bit: xxxxxxx

Ungoogled Chromium

Brave
xxxxxxx

Vivaldi
Snapshot (latest): xxxxxxx
64 bit (stable): xxxxxxx
32 bit (stable): xxxxxxx

Opera

Edge
Latest v109 (for WinServer 2012 but working on Win7): xxxxxxx
64 bit (v109.0.1518.78 for Win7): xxxxxxx
32 bit (v109.0.1518.78 for Win7): xxxxxxx

Evergreen WebView2 (It is not browser but edge/chromium engine, used by some apps internally.)
Last stable version (for Win7) --> xxxxxxx
Latest version (for WinSever 2012 but should be working on Win7): --> xxxxxxx

Supermium
The aim of Supermium is to provide the latest Chromium features, support for rendering the web and security patches to users of Windows 7
32/64 bit: xxxxxxx

Google Chrome crack - Windows 7
This is workaround to launch latest Google Chrome or Opera on Windows 7.
32/64-bit: xxxxxxx

Catsxp
Chinese Chromium based browser, compatible with Windows 7

Yandex
Russian browser based on Blink engine and Chromium project, that still supports Windows 7.

Thorium
Another Chromium fork that still provides Windows 7 releases.
Info site: xxxxxxx
Releases (32/64 bit) xxxxxxx

Cent Browser
Another Chromium fork that uses older engine and still works on Windows 7.

Slimjet
Fastest web browser that automatically blocks ads (based on Chromium).

SRWare Iron
Yet another Chromium fork with Windows 7 support - installer and portable.
32/64-bit: https://www.srware.net/downloads/win7.html

Firefox
ESR (last for Win7): xxxxxxx

SlimFirefox
These are just settings to slim down Firefox and improve its privacy, designed to use with latest version.
Available --> xxxxxxx.

Firefox forks (or browsers based on Mozilla engine)

There are also Firefox forks that will probably never drop Win7 support in foreseeable future.

Palemoon: xxxxxxx
Basilisk: xxxxxxx
Waterfox: xxxxxxx
Waterfox Classic: xxxxxxx
SeaMonkey: xxxxxxx
LibreWolf: xxxxxxx
K-Meleon: xxxxxxx
SlimBrowser: xxxxxxx

There are even forks compatible with Windows XP.
xxxxxxx

Other Browsers

Maxthon
Hong Kong browser, based on Chromium.
xxxxxxx

Falkon
Falkon is a KDE web browser using QtWebEngine rendering engine.
xxxxxxx

Midori
xxxxxxx

Cheers and Regards

• 2 weeks later...

109.0.5414.168 64-bit: https://www.google.com/dl/release2/chrome/nvwf3mhcdg76ot6qwp75ovmh2u_109.0.5414.168/109.0.5414.168_chrome_installer.exe

109.0.5415.168 32-bit: https://www.google.com/dl/release2/chrome/p5iizujxrjjggjfl7d4kvj5e5i_109.0.5414.168/109.0.5414.168_chrome_installer.exe

Note that support for Server 2012 and Server 2012 R2 ended since October 10, so this could be the last Chrome security update for these OSes.

Edited by mina7601

39 minutes ago, WinSuper2005 said:

Look! I installed Chrome 118 on Windows 8.1. To install Chrome 118 on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, click on this link below.

https://github.com/Blaukovitch/GOOGLE_CHROME_Windows_7_CRACK/releases/tag/118

This link was already mentioned 1 page back:

On 9/16/2023 at 12:15 PM, roytam1 said:

someone is trying to binary patch newer chrome:

https://github.com/Blaukovitch/GOOGLE_CHROME_Windows_7_CRACK