Extensions and custom buttons for UXP browsers - Corrections, modifications, adjustments, and special recommendations

2 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

Thanks for your contribution! Much appreciated! I already checked both lists.

9 hours ago, Fightingfalcon said:

Oh WOW! :w00t: That site is awesome! (I got a 93% score with V31, which is great!)

I am bookmarking that site in my security folder. Now I have a way to test UBO in real time!

Thanks for the link Astroskipper!

Scott

You're welcome. To get good blocking results the combination of the used filter lists is very important. But in some cases, one has to create additional filters under "My filters" to get rid of more or at best all ads.

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Why not use the updated test link?:dubbio:

https://d3ward.github.io/toolz/adblock.html

Remember that the test only provides an indication of the performance of your Adblocker.

Thanks for the hint! But who says I wouldn't use this test site? :dubbio: I know both and some others but I don't want to post all of my results. BTW, I got a score of 99% on this site. :)

On 1/26/2024 at 9:05 PM, Fightingfalcon said:

Oh WOW! :w00t: That site is awesome! (I got a 93% score with V31, which is great!)

I am bookmarking that site in my security folder. Now I have a way to test UBO in real time!

Thanks for the link Astroskipper!

Scott

I also get 93% score on NM28 using @Sampei.Nihira's test.

Edited by XPerceniol

On 1/25/2024 at 9:59 PM, Fightingfalcon said:

I was wondering if you would be able to have V31 compatible with a email client program called Epyrus (Epyrus E-Mail client) Click on the "repository" link for the code base info. I contacted the author about this and he told me to contact you.

You can try my version. It no longer depends on Thunderbird application ID, all relevant changes are in js/vapi-background.js, Hopefully all remains well with it, a one line change - adding Epyrus' application ID in one expression in the mentioned file - would have been easier, but the other way should be more correct.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Please re-download, I reverted one condition that checked for Fennec ID (the old Android version of Firefox) as I'm not sure about correctness and would have to investigate deeper if the alternative was correct (as the condition was triggered on desktop browsers and I'm not sure if the data it got would be equivalent).

As the changes don't target any desktop browser or mail client by ID, it would be good to test and see to make sure are no any new oddities in any case, Pale Moon/New Moon, Basilisk/Serpent, InterLink/MailNews or Epyrus.

Also, not sure the about the versioning scheme Borealis Navigator follows, are there versions below 0.9 in the wild? I put the same min/max versions I put when I modded PassIFox, which was tested on that application at the time. Minor details, but I just like min/max versions reflecting what's actually out there. Obviously maxversion is a bit special and an asterisk indicates (merely to the user that happens to read it, at least that's how it is most of the time in practice) support for the whole branch of versions.

SeaMonkey is also a bit special, even if it should work in the current 2.53.* version, theoretically, it could break anytime as they clean up stuff under the hood often.

Anyway, I'm not a pensioner nor a lottery winner and am a slow person in general, so these things are a huge time sink, meaning I probably won't modify this extension further at this point in time.

Edited by UCyborg

16 hours ago, Fightingfalcon said:

Is there anyway that this can be added to the next UBO version/release AstroSkipper?

Although I am not interested in Epyrus, and especially its developer is avoided by me, the users of the legacy extension of uBlock Origin can’t help it. However, at the moment, I won't add these changes to my mod as they have to be tested more deeply in different browsers/email clients over a longer period of time. If all is good, and these changes don't cause any problems, maybe, I’ll implement them in one of my future releases. So please, test @UCyborg's release 1.16.4.31b3 in different browsers/email clients under different OSes and report here!

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Update notification! update.gif

I have updated my special mod uBlock Origin from version 1.16.4.31 to version 1.16.4.32. I have made many changes in different areas. Among other things, I took a close look at all country-specific filter lists and replaced or added some of them. Additionally, I added to these lists their flags that are known from the webextension. Furthermore, I have removed abandoned filter lists and, if possible, replaced them with others. In particular, I implemented a brand new, rather unknown, filter list called "Dandelion Sprout’s Anti-Malware List". It has a good resonance and worked great for me. Since my previous release was unintentionally updated to the latest for this browser current webextension in Serpent 55, I have made my special mod by changing the ID so unique that this no longer happens. And so that my mod of the legacy extension is not confused with the webextension, I changed the name from "uBlock Origin" to "uBlock Origin Legacy".

Here are some screenshots taken from uBlock Origin Legacy 1.16.4.32 in the most recent version of New Moon 28:

u-Block-Origin-Legacy-1-16-4-32-Filter-l

u-Block-Origin-Legacy-1-16-4-32-region-s

u-Block-Origin-Legacy-1-16-4-32-About.pn

A detailed changelog and the download link of uBlock Origin Legacy 1.16.4.32 can be found in my main article uBlock Origin Legacy - A special mod by @AstroSkipper.  

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

6 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Please re-download, I reverted one condition that checked for Fennec ID (the old Android version of Firefox) as I'm not sure about correctness and would have to investigate deeper if the alternative was correct (as the condition was triggered on desktop browsers and I'm not sure if the data it got would be equivalent).

As the changes don't target any desktop browser or mail client by ID, it would be good to test and see to make sure are no any new oddities in any case, Pale Moon/New Moon, Basilisk/Serpent, InterLink/MailNews or Epyrus.

Also, not sure the about the versioning scheme Borealis Navigator follows, are there versions below 0.9 in the wild? I put the same min/max versions I put when I modded PassIFox, which was tested on that application at the time. Minor details, but I just like min/max versions reflecting what's actually out there. Obviously maxversion is a bit special and an asterisk indicates (merely to the user that happens to read it, at least that's how it is most of the time in practice) support for the whole branch of versions.

SeaMonkey is also a bit special, even if it should work in the current 2.53.* version, theoretically, it could break anytime as they clean up stuff under the hood often.

Anyway, I'm not a pensioner nor a lottery winner and am a slow person in general, so these things are a huge time sink, meaning I probably won't modify this extension further at this point in time.

Ok, I just downloaded/installed the (1/16.4.31b3) new version for Epyrus. So far no problems. Running smoothly. I have not installed the new V32 one yet.

Scott

Edited by Fightingfalcon

7 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Update notification! update.gif

I have updated my special mod uBlock Origin from version 1.16.4.31 to version 1.16.4.32. I have made many changes in different areas. Among other things, I took a close look at all country-specific filter lists and replaced or added some of them. Additionally, I added to these lists their flags that are known from the webextension. Furthermore, I have removed abandoned filter lists and, if possible, replaced them with others. In particular, I implemented a brand new, rather unknown, filter list called "Dandelion Sprout’s Anti-Malware List". It has a good resonance and worked great for me. Since my previous release was unintentionally updated to the latest for this browser current webextension in Serpent 55, I have made my special mod by changing the ID so unique that this no longer happens. And so that my mod of the legacy extension is not confused with the webextension, I changed the name from "uBlock Origin" to "uBlock Origin Legacy".

Here are some screenshots taken from uBlock Origin Legacy 1.16.4.32 in the most recent version of New Moon 28:

u-Block-Origin-Legacy-1-16-4-32-Filter-l

u-Block-Origin-Legacy-1-16-4-32-region-s

u-Block-Origin-Legacy-1-16-4-32-About.pn

A detailed changelog and the download link of uBlock Origin Legacy 1.16.4.32 can be found in my main article uBlock Origin Legacy - A special mod by @AstroSkipper.  

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

FYI! Those who might have already downloaded the new version uBlock Origin Legacy 1.16.4.32, please, reload it if the link is available again! I have revised the way of name and ID change. This way is cleaner and more global. :)

PS: The new version can be downloaded again. An additional, strange bug happened,, and it was a bit difficult to find the cause of it. Now, I have fixed it, and the new version should hopefully run without further problems. suisjebete.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

PS: The new version can be downloaded again.

Did that, but I still have this strange issue with the colours of the country flags (don't see it in your screenshot though).

Firefox (colours are right):

spacer.png

Pale Moon (colours are wrong):

spacer.png