“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

17 hours ago, D.Draker said:

My grandfather haunted me for decades (and still does). We had a strong connection, so after he passed away, I could still see him (from time to time) in his room.

In the evenings mostly, just sits on his couch and does nothing. Then I burned almost all of his things except some - his dagger, and the motorcycle etc., so I could channel the energy to summon him,

Why ? I decided not to fight it 'cause he meant no harm and I accepted to just live with it . I don't mourn him. Never did. I loved him , yes, but didn't mourn.

I sometimes need his advice and he visits at night, after I channel the energy . With years he became less apparent. And I need more an more energy to summon him again.

Creepy, I know.

My word, I KNOW I was cursed when I accidentally decided to see the wrong reiki master now I took on the bad energy from her nasty X husband and she used to pendulum, so I DO believe you. @D.Draker

I hope he will let you rest one day and move on the him new world (dimension) soon, I also channel my Dad but I also feel his pain. He said I love you when he could barely speak and he was hurting mentally and physically from lung cancer, but I am selfish and I still need Him. I fact he is not the only one that comes to "visit" me occasionally. So much pain from people and I am a beacon and a medium and sometimes I wish I was not so aware, must be nice to just have bliss, can't close eyes once opened.

Yeah, this is very creepy but glad you brought it up.

Edited by XPerceniol

11 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Not sure why it behaves like that in this case in particular since data is supposed to be flushed to disk eventually anyway if it's enabled. I leave that turned on as the performance hit without it is horrible.

Yeah, AFAIK writing to the bad sector remaps it.

I also have a problem with my data disk, 17 bad sectors, not sure how to go about it. I was going to make an image of it and rewrite it to strengthen the magnetic records before I noticed the problem, it's over 10 years old at this point, bought in 2010 I think, now this is stopping me, dd probably won't like the bad sectors, few days ago I rescued one of the files (it was downloaded from the internet so nothing lost), but original just couldn't be read, got CRC error from Windows.

I'm not sure how to check which files are bad, would 7-Zip let me know if I just select the folder and initiate checksum calculation? Do I start copying to another disk with Robocopy to check?

Thinking of giving Ddrescue (Wikipedia) a spin eventually, but I currently have zero experience with that program.

Thank you @UCyborg and I do hope you also get your HD straightened out and I hope you are well.

Very dazed today as I fell pretty hard last night into the coffee table and broke the lamp and knocked over the telephone and Now I have 3 bruises. I got confused so I need to now have a nightlight in the living room area, but I didn't break anything thank God. I'll manage.

Actually I did walk today because I'm so weak in the legs from too much inactivity and sedentary lifestyle. My doctor this summer I am ordered to walk to the dollar store and back home. I used to love it and meditate while walking just breathe in the white light and hold for 4 seconds listen to the atmosphere and breathe out the black darkness and exhale all the way for only a few times and I do it whilst in motion. I look up at the sky and just *feel*.

7 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Yeah, this is very creepy but glad you brought it up.

I once had a dream, somewhere in the mid 90's, in 1996, in that dream only the dead relatives were present , and during the next days I was almost killed , but fortunately able to avoid it because I read their warning right. Don't be afraid of the dead, could be they just want to tell you something. Not all of them want you dead. Summon with caution, read books first. Summon only the ones who loved you, I mean not pretended they did. I was very sceptical when I first used my grand-grand mother's book, btw.

I think I need to stop...  it could get even creepier with me.

Thank you guys very much for caring, it really means a lot.

45 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Ouch.

Just yeah, not good but at least I got right up.

21 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I once had a dream, somewhere in the mid 90's, in 1996, in that dream only the dead relatives were present , and during the next days I was almost killed , but fortunately able to avoid it because I read their warning right. Don't be afraid of the dead, could be they just want to tell you something. Not all of them want you dead. Summon with caution, read books first. Summon only the ones who loved you, I mean not pretended they did. I was very sceptical when I first used my grand-grand mother's book, btw.

I think I need to stop...  it could get even creepier with me.

I understand why you need to stop and I appreciate the part (especially) where you wrote "only the ones who loved you, I mean not pretended they did".

I have vista ultimate x64 installed on a second HDD I had that was 1tb so I can finally get back to my roots again (of how started here) and I did do only the 4 needed updates for it

Edited by legacyfan

On 2/17/2023 at 12:54 AM, XPerceniol said:

Guys ...

Why do I have to have Enable write caching on the disk or else its takes a zillion years to shut down the computer?

Thank you in advance.

I've too ST... disk, and this "Enable write caching..." is notched here, since forever.

YOUR "Device status: This device is working properly."

So you've disk OK.

Do NOT reformat! 

What is "Victoria" test?

Edited by msfntor
addings

On 2/17/2023 at 8:50 PM, XPerceniol said:

Very dazed today as I fell pretty hard last night into the coffee table and broke the lamp and knocked over the telephone and Now I have 3 bruises. I got confused so I need to now have a nightlight in the living room area, but I didn't break anything thank God. I'll manage.

"Dazed.. knocked... confused" uh, stop and make more attention, please!

Very good idea to have nightlight.

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

"Dazed.. knocked... confused" uh, stop and make more attention, please!

Very good idea to have nightlight.

Yeas I think it will help but at the same time it bothers me having light but for safety they now forced it on me.