1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

Multi-process won't work as designed then.

At least, on my old computer with a 32-bit single-core CPU. smilie_denk_24.gif

I did a little research about the preference extensions.webextensions.remote. This is a preference to disable separate webextensions process(es). When set to trueMypal 68 will use separate content process(es) for webextensions that are installed in the web browser. The number of these processes can be set by the preference dom.ipc.processCount.extension with the default value of 1. When extensions.webextensions.remote is set to false, then Mypal 68 won't use separate content process(es) for these webextensions. The extensions.webextensions.remote preference will only be read once. If you are changing this preference, the browser needs to be restarted for it to apply.
I now assume that this preference has no effect when using Mypal 68 in single-process mode because there is only one process. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

:) BTW, does switching this preference to false have any disadvantages or negative side-effects? :dubbio:

In Firefox 78+, some extensions worked incorrectly

On 23 Àïðåëü 2024 ã. at 7:08 PM, AstroSkipper said:

I have installed your latest version Mypal 68.14.0b and tried it in multi-process mode. Unfortunately, I had big problems with uBlock Origin, no matter if the latest version 1.57.2 or the last version 1.46 which was still compatible with FF 68. It was no longer possible to load additional filter lists, and the extension was only in an error state. uBlock Origin became inaccessible, and the browser even hung after closing. Especially when I tried to load the default filter list AdGuard - Ads

@AstroSkipper Why I asked about AdGuerd, so what about other things there? Evrething is the same or not, does it pass to the network.

46 minutes ago, grey_rat said:

In Firefox 78+, some extensions worked incorrectly

Ok. Although Mypal 68 is based on Firefox 68, however, its JavaScript engine is more recent on 83 level. So theoretically, some other extensions may no longer function properly as a result. I will keep that in mind and report in my thread about extensions when such problems appear. ordi1fun.gif

38 minutes ago, feodor2 said:

@AstroSkipper Why I asked about AdGuerd, so what about other things there? Evrething is the same or not, does it pass to the network.

So far, I have only used two extensions in multi-process mode, uBlock Origin and Clear Cache. Now that uBO is presumably working again, even if only by neutering the multi-process mode, I will test this mode more closely and report. In any case, I use it especially to access Codeberg because, as you already know, this website is not stable in single-process mode and does not work properly in New Moon 28 or Serpent 52.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

18 minutes ago, feodor2 said:

@AstroSkipper Huh but I mention AdGuard inside uBlock.

Why didn't you say right away that you mean the Adguard filter lists inside uBlock Origin if I understood you correctly this time? :dubbio: Clear questions would be more effective in obtaining suitable answers. :P Anyway! I will test these filter lists and report. However, in single-process mode, uBlock Origin works great as far as I can say. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

58 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

Maybe due to the changes in clock js, Tz clock extension doesn't work anymore, reporting only standard time.

What issue do you refer to? :dubbio: Your statement is a bit unclear, at least for me. smilie_denk_24.gif

My guess is the change discussed in this link and previous disucssion: https://msfn.org/board/topic/185966-my-browser-builds-part-5/?do=findComment&comment=1263997

On 4/26/2024 at 8:11 AM, feodor2 said:

If 5 users will gether, okey next version will have SSE.

What doesn't suit your already existing version, because new version is more bloated and likely has new errors.

The update of the javascript engine of course, what else !

Regards

On 4/26/2024 at 10:29 PM, dmiranda said:

due to the changes in clock js, Tz clock extension doesn't work anymore, reporting only standard time.

Confirmed! Tz Clock can no longer get the correct time zones in Mypal 68.14.0b.. I don't know to what extent the implementation of the lacking feature "Internationalization & Localization" that I reported to the issues of Mypal 68 here long time ago would change anything, :dubbio: If you want, you can report this extension to the Mypal 68's issues on GitHub. @feodor2 recently created a separate issue for extensions which stopped working due to his recent browser changes.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

20 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
20 hours ago, feodor2 said:

@AstroSkipper Huh but I mention AdGuard inside uBlock.

Why didn't you say right away that you mean the Adguard filter lists inside uBlock Origin if I understood you correctly this time? :doubt: Clear questions would be more effective in obtaining suitable answers. :P Anyway! I will test these filter lists and report. However, in single-process mode, uBlock Origin works great as far as I can say. :)

@feodor2 I performed several tests with uBlock Origin 1.57.2 in the multi-process mode of Mypal 68.14.0b. So far, all filters including the Adguard ones seem to be working as they should. Blocking ads, scripts and other objects on the websites and ad blocker test sites I have selected works, too. I even checked a lot using the uBO's logger. But as I already stated here, uBlock Origin 1.57.2 and previous versions only work in this mode on my computer with a 32-bit single-core CPU if extensions.webextensions.remote is set to false. However, this setting means a kind of neutering the multi-process mode and in my opinion can only be a temporary fix, as it affects all installed extensions in any case. :( Although I am glad that uBlock Origin 1.57.2 is working in multi-process mode at the moment, I therefore still think that a real fixing of this issue, if possible at all, would be a better solution than partially switching off multi-process mode. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

10 hours ago, dmiranda said:

The (similar) fix in basilisk 52 doesn't affect Tx Clock.

Yep! It works as it was designed. But personally I don't like this design. TZ Clock only shows the time and date when clicking onto the toolbar item. :( In contrast, my Clock custom button shows the time in the toolbar itself and when hovering, the weekday and date. :) But in the end, it's always a question of taste. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content