@feodor2 I have installed your latest version Mypal 68.14.0b and tried it in multi-process mode. Unfortunately, I had big problems with uBlock Origin, no matter if the latest version 1.57.2 or the last version 1.46 which was still compatible with FF 68. It was no longer possible to load additional filter lists, and the extension was only in an error state. uBlock Origin became inaccessible, and the browser even hung after closing. Especially when I tried to load the default filter list AdGuard - Ads. I also disabled the hardware acceleration but unfortunately without any effect. Something is seriously broken. And it seems to be the same in the previous release Mypal 68.13.9b also only in multi-process mode. However, no problems in single-process mode. Any ideas? :dubbio: Or am I the only one having such problems? smilie-denk-38.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 3/7/2024 at 2:36 PM, AstroSkipper said:

@feodor2 Did you observe sudden crashes in Mypal 68.13.9b when surfing on Codeberg.org? :dubbio: Unfortunately, I had to determine sudden crashes without any messages that occur completely randomly when clicking onto links on Codeberg's pages. However, only in single-process mode. All preference settings for single-process mode are set to the default values in my installation. In multiprocess mode, on the other hand, I could not observe such crashes. :) Any ideas? :dubbio:

FYI, this issue still exists in Mypal 68.14.0b. Just tested. Nevertheless, thanks for your new update and the changes to JavaScript in terms of local time and time zone! :) The functions .toLocaleString().toLocaleDateString() and .toLocaleTimeString() are working great now. :thumbup

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

13 hours ago, feodor2 said:

@AstroSkipper

About ublock: obviously but I ask did you try the vanilla install

Thanks for replying! :) First, I tried a basic installation, without any further settings or additional filter lists in Mypal 68.14.0b using the default multi-process mode. Only the pre-selected filter lists were loaded. So at first sight, all seemed to be fine. That means, to answer your question, the vanilla install works. But if I enable the default filter list AdGuard - Ads, all is over. :( Here is a screenshot showing this error state:

u-Block-Origin-1-57-2-MP-loading-issue.p

Same when enabling the default filter lists AdGuard Tracking Protection or AdGuard URL Tracking Protection. Endless loading of these lists. The complete uBlock Origin installation becomes inaccessible. Even a restart can't do anything. The GUI of uBlock Origin's dashboard page is then completely broken. Here is a screenshot showing the broken tab Filter lists:

u-Block-Origin-1-57-2-MP-loading-issue-2

Therefore, I had to uninstall it due to a complete breakage in accessing other websites by the browser. BTW, you mentioned my reported issue here https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/426. Unfortunately without the important information that this issue only happens in multi-process mode but not in single-process mode. :whistle: Maybe, you can add this missing information. :rolleyes:

Is anyone here who can or cannot confirm this issue I observed? :dubbio: smilie_a_011.gif

Regarding your statement that the logger doesn't work in single-process mode, I can't confirm that. :no: Working here as far as I can see. :yes: Tested in uBlock Origin 1.57.2.

Anyway! uBlock Origin 1.57.2 is fully working in Mypal 68.14.0b if configured in single-process mode but not in multi-process mode. I would therefore assume that something is wrong with the multi-process mode, or the default configuration of the multi-process mode is somehow problematic for uBlock Origin 1.57.2. At least, on my Windows XP computer, even with hardware acceleration disabled:dubbio:

Greetings, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

5 hours ago, feodor2 said:

about codeberg: I get BUFFER_OVERRUN crash only when blame very big file, still no clue what buffer and where. And what type of the crash do you have

Since I created an account on Codeberg, I get these crashes only in single-process mode, They occur absolutely randomly without uploading any file. It is enough to click some links here and there, and the browser crashes immediately without any message. And it never happens with the same link. Very strange! :crazy:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

@AstroSkipper

10 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Codeberg, I get these crashes only in single-process mode, They occur absolutely randomly without uploading any file

Blame is not uploading, so what type of the crash do you get?

Ublock: as you see below, I have installed all, stuff and its works fine, multi or single no matter

image.thumb.png.91e9299ddb7c09aa17e47396acf95e4f.png

But logger on single

image.thumb.png.e2346b53fbe0b484d0aac1dea07aa03a.png

@genieautravail

I asked there 5 users vote so you will be the first

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/164

And please tell why do you want newer SSE version?

1 hour ago, feodor2 said:
13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Codeberg, I get these crashes only in single-process mode, They occur absolutely randomly without uploading any file

Blame is not uploading, so what type of the crash do you get?

The kind of crashes I experience is always an immediate closing of the browser when I click on links in my logged-in account on Codeberg. Some clicks here and there, and all of a sudden, the browser closes without any error message. And that only in single-process mode. I would like to provide more information but there is none I am aware of. nimportequoi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, feodor2 said:

Ublock: as you see below, I have installed all, stuff and its works fine, multi or single no matter

Thanks for testing! I'm glad it works for you. But if you look at my screenshots above, you'll see that I actually have problems with uBlock Origin 1.57.2 in multi-process mode. And I'm not imagining them. :no: BTW, I did a fresh install of Mypal 68.14.0b with a fresh, untouched profile. Maybe, this multi-process mode is not compatible with every hardware? :dubbio: Or do you use other settings for multi-process mode as your default ones? :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

12 hours ago, feodor2 said:

I asked there 5 users vote so you will be the first

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/164

And please tell why do you want newer SSE version?

I would like to use Mypal without SSE2 on real hardware (not VMs).

I own an old computer (Socket A motherboard) with a Sempron 2800+ processor.

I can run Palemoon fork by @roytam1 on it, even if it is slow.

But the renderer engine of Palemoon is to much in late on the web standards.

Browsers based on chromium are too much heavy and unusable on this computer.

So it remains Mypal...

But I don't use this computer on a daily basis and even less for surfing as I own many others computers.:rolleyes:

So If you are not interested and/or if that require a lot of efforts, I understand that and I would like to thank you very much for what you do for the community with Mypal. :)

Regards

Edited by genieautravail

@AstroSkipper

If I remember well, your computer is full of Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 patches.

Perhaps that the issue comes from that.

Your OS isn't anymore a real XP and I don't think that @feodor2 has installed all these patches on his computers.

Comparing yours results will be very complicated.

Regards

Edited by genieautravail

1 hour ago, genieautravail said:

@AstroSkipper

If I remember well, your computer is full of Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 patches.

Perhaps that the issue comes from that.

You're right. My Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit is fully updated with all patches/updates after SP3 including all POSReady 2009 ones. But this was never a problem. :no: And uBlock Origin 1.57.2 works fine here in single-process mode. :thumbup Thus, I don't think that the problem is related to POSReady 2009 patches. :no: But thanks for your opinion! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Maybe, this multi-process mode is not compatible with every hardware? :dubbio:

Some bugs could look like that in practice. One program I work with at my workplace had an issue in the past where a specific function caused the crash, we noticed at some point during diagnosis the customer is using single-core CPU. It crashed on our test systems as well when we ran the program with affinity set to 1 core.